Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Just ordered Fueling 574 cam from HD-Dude  (Read 9915 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Just ordered Fueling 574 cam from HD-Dude
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 11:06:44 PM »

Only rode the bike home from dealer and that was around 10-15 miles.. I did notice it pulled more when I rolled on it from 70 mph. Felt something different in way it pulled.. Never felt that before with the stock cams. Did have a little exhaust pop and some sputtering too..

Jim at metal dragon emailed me another map to try. Will load it tomorrow and give it a try..

Well no one in my area does the TTS. Although the mechanic that changed cams said he can do it.

I don't really want to spend money on a SEPST plus the cost of dyne time... What a mess this has turned out to be...Just my luck

2018 Anniversary CVO M8

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 11:33:02 PM »

Only rode the bike home from dealer and that was around 10-15 miles.. I did notice it pulled more when I rolled on it from 70 mph. Felt something different in way it pulled.. Never felt that before with the stock cams. Did have a little exhaust pop and some sputtering too..

Jim at metal dragon emailed me another map to try. Will load it tomorrow and give it a try..

Well no one in my area does the TTS. Although the mechanic that changed cams said he can do it.
I don't really want to spend money on a SEPST plus the cost of dyne time... What a mess this has turned out to be...Just my luck

Just about anybody with a dyno machine can do it......but that doesn't mean that it'll be a performance tune.  You're going to have to find a tuner that knows and has experience with a TTS.  But I find it hard to believe that nobody in Texas has experience with a TTS. 

Don left his home in the bay area (San Francisco bay) yesterday morning and made it through Texas panhandle already!  Take a road trip to Fullsac and have Steve tune it for you.  A hassel, for sure.......but when he gets done with it you'll say "this trip was well worth it". :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 01:10:39 PM »

new....here's a link for the TTS Mastertune website and dealer network.  If you scroll down the list, there are three places in TX that are authorized dealers/tuners.  I don't know how close they are to you...from Houston, you could probably even go into LA or MS too.  A couple of the shops in TX appear to be "performance" shops.   :nixweiss:

http://www.mastertune.net/dealers.html

Edit:  They don't list any dealers in LA or MS.  Rod's Performance here in Alabama is another dealer/tuner...he's good.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:15:31 PM by TCnBham »
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 04:54:43 PM »

Same thing here, 574 cam's, X-pipe, 2.25 cores, stock air cleaner, Bob at RC dyno tuned, bike runs like a champ!! I do remember Jim telling me that he has seen as much as a 10hp/tq gain going from a canned tune to a custom tune. I would invest in a good tune and see what happens.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:56:58 PM by FAST380 »

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 serg
    • CVO2: 2010 sesg
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 06:08:48 PM »

JCZ, when you put the 574's in did you change lifters,oil pump,bearings etc. Iam thinking about the 574 camchest kit,because I think that keeping all components  from the same manufacturer would be a better fit than mixing and matching. What do you think.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 06:42:54 PM »

That's my general rule of thumb also.  However, there have been exceptions to that rule, over the years.

Jim (hd-dude on this forum) put mine in.  I'm doing two bikes at a time this go around and have had Jim do our previous bikes also so it all kind of starts blending together.  But as I recall, without looking at my receipts, stock lifters, oil pump, etc. at the time of the cam install.

Since then, my motor went south and the MoCo paid for the rebuild.....new flywheels (pinned, welded and balanced), lifters, I paid for them to go with temkin bearings and the cometic gaskets.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 11:32:07 PM »

Update on this mess. After talking with Ed @ dynoperformance in Dallas  & Jim @ Metal Dragon they both suggested i take bike & have a CCP done. The dealer that did my cams is closed on Monday's, but there other dealership near by is open on Mondays. I called the service dept. & asked if they could do a CCP test on motor. After going thru some questions on what i've done to motor etc. They said sure bring it in & will do the test. So took bike to dealer & talked to tech & even showed him some dyno's that i pulled off this site with same components that i had put on bike. He preforms the CCP test on motor, then comes out with results & says with the ACR removed it was 145 PSI, & with ACR on it was 120 PSI. I told him that i've talked to several people about this & they've told me it should be a minimum of 165 PSI CCP. The tech stated that this wasn't his first time doing a CCP & this was what a stock motor puts out.

Bike was running like crap, backfiring, popping etc.

I called Ed back @ dynoperformance & told him of results of CCP. He said that it was really low & possibly the cams were installed wrong ( a tooth off). He said i should at least be getting 165 PSI at a minimum. I also spoke with Jim @ Metal Dragon and he also said the same thing about cams being out of time since my numbers were so low.

I left dealership not really happy about all this mess. I rode to an independent bike shop i knew & spoke with them about my problem. They suggested i take it to a local motor builder & he was really good at tuning with the TTS. I called the shop & talked with him about what was going on with cams, etc.  He said bring it over & he would do a CCP to see what he came up with. So rode over to his shop & he did a CCP test he came up with 190 & 187.5 on each cylinder. So apparently the tech at dealer doesn't know what the heck he was doing on the CCP test. I did call the dealership back & inform them that there numbers were way off & i wanted a refund on what i was charged. They agreed on that. I also told them maybe the tech needs to go back to school & learn how to do a CCP test.

Attached is the the final Map. Bike runs much better now, no more popping, hestiating, etc....
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 11:36:07 PM »

Not quite getting the HP or Torque some others are getting but i'am happy now. Bike pulls hard in range that i ride in. It runs mucho better than before did a tune on it...

2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Ticitme

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Dark Slate/Black Diamond
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 11:50:14 PM »

I would take that torque curve over higher numbers any day!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 12:10:19 AM »

Not quite getting the HP or Torque some others are getting but i'am happy now. Bike pulls hard in range that i ride in. It runs mucho better than before did a tune on it...

That's more like it. Should be a bunch of fun to ride now!

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 12:17:05 AM »

Glad to see that you got this mess straightened out!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 25 queries.