Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: 2015 CVO Street Glide stock seat comfort  (Read 23504 times)

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

2015 CVO Street Glide stock seat comfort
« on: October 20, 2014, 09:56:53 PM »

Can anybody tell me how comfortable the stock seat is?  I have a mustang seat on my 09 ultra and it is awesome.   Looking at that seat on the CVO although it looks great, I wondered if it might get a little hard after 100 miles.  Anybody change their seat out yet?

King2013

Re: 2015 CVO Street Glide stock seat comfort
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:49:40 PM »

I had a 2013 cvo road King and after about 150 miles I was getting uncomfortable.
You might not be able to use my experience as I have a lot of other issues which prohibit my comfort regularly.

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 12:10:13 AM »

If it's anything like my 2012 you are not going to enjoy the seat for a long ride. I had some gel put in it and it'd still like plywood. The only thing I like about it is you sit nice and low on it. I bought a Mustang seat and it's great. Judge for yourself of course.
Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, Power Duals, FP3 Tuner

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 12:26:19 AM »

I think my mustang from my 2009 will fit maybe so maybe I'll keep it and put the stock seat back on when I trade it.  I just won't be able to use the back pillion pad.  Thanks for the advice.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 06:14:37 AM »

Those stock seats aren't made for comfort,, looks alone..  I hated the stock seat on my sg3.  I went with a mustang and can ride all day without any discomfort.  I'm sure the 15s are the same way.    Keep the mustang. .  Stuart

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 07:14:33 AM »

I have a 15 SG CVO and rode 250 miles home after picking bike up.  seats looks good and sits you lower than other seats I have tried on same frame.  after an hour of my 5 hour ride home my back and butt was really killing me.  got home and put on my Corbin Solo that I had on my 14.  no comparison.

jpswino

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 Ultra Violet Street Glide with Lava Flames
    • CVO2: Backyard Choppers
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 11:12:38 PM »

obviously I've got a fat ass because I love the CVO seat,  :P
The highway pegs make it even more comfy  :2vrolijk_21:

fxdx

• GA

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 04:37:27 PM »

I have tried a couple seats on my 2015, no winner yet.  I had a Mustang Heated Super Touring seat on my 08 Ultra and it was the best seat I have ever ridden on. I don't think it would look right on the Street Glide. Plus it does not seem to fit. The nose of the seat contacts the dash panel.

I was going to try the Danny Grey AirHawk but I read it sits you lower. I already feel like the foot boards are 4" higher than my old Ultra so I don't want anything that will lower me more.

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 02:55:27 AM »

I checked with the dealer and he is still going to give me the same for my trade as long as I have a complete bike (put factory seat back on) so I am going scavenge a couple things such as the mustang seat, passenger backrest, maybe a couple other things as well.

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 08:35:55 AM »

I like the new seat,but I did put hwy pegs on before I left the dealer,and the bars also fit me perfect ,but I'm only 5' 10" and with one new hip and one bad hip I hurt all the time so don't listen to my opinion,Lol

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 12:43:52 AM »

After riding my bike for a mile around the dealership before I put it in the trailer I realized that I am too tall for the stock seat.  Good thing I kept my mustang seat.  Fits perfectly and I don't feel so cramped.  The stock seat wasn't bad, just put me too far forward.

jpswino

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 Ultra Violet Street Glide with Lava Flames
    • CVO2: Backyard Choppers
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 11:00:30 AM »

How much further back does the Mustang seat put you? Got a pic of it installed yet?

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 12:25:38 PM »

Stock seat

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 12:26:09 PM »

Stock seat

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 12:26:54 PM »

Mustang vintage solo seat.

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 12:31:48 PM »

I think that it feels better because it's higher as well as back maybe an inch or more.  It definitely has more padding in it.  I like the look of the CVO seat better so I will probably will keep it on for around town, but for longer trips the mustang has always been comfortable in my 09 Ultra.  One thing I noticed though is that I think the windscreen is too short for me especially if my seat sits me up higher.  I'll have to report back when I can actually ride it more.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 03:34:21 PM »

I think that it feels better because it's higher as well as back maybe an inch or more.  It definitely has more padding in it.  I like the look of the CVO seat better so I will probably will keep it on for around town, but for longer trips the mustang has always been comfortable in my 09 Ultra.  One thing I noticed though is that I think the windscreen is too short for me especially if my seat sits me up higher.  I'll have to report back when I can actually ride it more.

Just questioning the stock seat on the CVO SG against your mustang, are you sure the mustang sits you further back?
i have the same stock seat on my 2014 cvo road king, its exactly the same seat they just upholstered it different this year and added gel,also its the same seat on previous cvo roadie glides, and i find this seat to be the lowest and most farthest back you will find on any other seat in the land,
granted not the most comfortable on long haul.
i also have a mustang sport solo on mine and be it more comfortable it certainly sits me about 1" higher and 1 1/4" further forward than the stock seat cvo seat that i have which is identical to yours in regards to dimensions.

Maybe your vintage solo is different to my sport solo?, maybe you could take a measurement please, would be interested to know the measurement from the bottom "corner"of each seat where theres a small upright in the seat back so to speak which is  the furthest part you can sit back in it, and then from there to the centreline of the rear mounting bolts, sure would be helpfull buddy!!  ;)
Ride free brothers!

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 04:59:01 PM »

I measured from the bottom of the cvo lighted logo and on the stock seat I have 28.5 inches to the seam at the rear of the seating surface and 29 inches to the top of the raised part.  On the mustang I have 29 and 30 inches.  It's not much but I think the height makes the most difference as my knees are not bent as much when sitting on it.

Rkw

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 05:02:56 PM »

The past 4 yrs, I have ridden 2 Street Glides ('12 and '14) x-ctry r/t on stock seats. In fact, completely stock bikes, and never had any comfort issues. The stock '15 CVO SG seat is more comfortable than these previous bikes. In '13 I had a Ultra Elec Glide, w/stock seat, and no comfort issues.

Like color choices, whether to change exhaust, etc....I think it is a personal choice.

I am just over 6'.

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »

The real test will be when I can put some miles on it.  I only was able to ride a mile so far before the snow hit.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 08:26:34 PM »

I measured from the bottom of the cvo lighted logo and on the stock seat I have 28.5 inches to the seam at the rear of the seating surface and 29 inches to the top of the raised part.  On the mustang I have 29 and 30 inches.  It's not much but I think the height makes the most difference as my knees are not bent as much when sitting on it.

Ah yes I think so, being longer legged you would appreciate a seat being taller and with your legs being not so bent on the  mustang seat that may lead you to think it is much further back also,
It's a tricky one, still if it works for you.

I am 5'11" and still prefer lower seats that sits you further back, as much as I like the mustang I do wish they wouldn't make all there seats so bloomin "flat" not only does it not look too good I think they would  increase comfort quite considerably if they dished the seat a wee bit to be more bucket shaped like the corbin, never had a corbin but after sitting on a few in the states at dealers I was quite impressed with the ergonomics and natural shape of the bucket seat, seriously thinking on getting one for my Cvo streeetie when it arrives!,, :)
Ride free brothers!

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 08:33:14 PM »

Yeah the Mustangs are pretty flat with not a lot of style, but still pretty comfy.  I recommended a Mustang to a friend because I liked mine so much and he hated it so I guess it's just personal preference.  Some people really like the Victory Vision, but a friend of mine got a brand new one and he was so uncomfortable on a 6000 mile trip that he traded back to a Goldwing before he made it home from that trip.  On the other hand he and his son both trade bikes as often as the wind changes direction.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 09:33:42 PM »

Your friends first mistake, buying a victory..... Second then a gold wing!
Surely you could add some words of wisdom and make him see the light,

Seriously though it does make me chuckle that every other motorcycle brand and there buyers constantly knock Harley's, yet these same competitors all  have there own interpretation of most harley models in production,   If there so bad why copy all the harley blueprints? Comical really.
I know not everyone can afford Harley's but a lot of people spend a lot more on going through bikes and losing money only to arrive at owning a harley later on in life anyway!

Crikey those "Goldy wingy"things cost as much if not more new than a new ultra limited, and they only fit 4' Japanese guys, .....don't need a fridge on my bike anyway! :D
Ride free brothers!

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2014, 10:06:37 PM »

I must confess.  I like Goldwings, I had a 2002 until I traded for my Ultra in '09.  I just don't like how you can't take off the trunk or really do anything more than stick more lights and chrome on them.  A Harley truly can be changed however the owner wants and doesn't look like every other Harley out there. A Goldwing really is a good reliable touring bike, just not for me anymore.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 10:23:08 PM »

Amen!

Going back to seats buddy is your mustang code number 79446? Which is 17" wide,
As I see on mustangs website the "super solo" mentions sitting you further back 1.25" where as my 79600 which they call the "solo" and 15" wide doesn't say that in the literature, maybe there is a difference in the solos and super solos!
Ride free brothers!

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 01:35:07 PM »

I can't read the whole number on my seat anymore but it does end in 446.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 08:43:10 PM »

Thanks for that info bud,

I had a long chat with mustang today and they confirmed the vintage super solos (like you have)do sit you back 1 1/14" than stock position , and whereas my vintage solo is stock position, there literature is a bit  hazey on this but glad I cleared this up......now do I get a new super solo or a corbin. Hmmmmmm..........anyone!   :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 11:22:06 PM »

Wild Hog get a Corbin!!!! The other post talking about reworking a seat and putting firmer/denser foam is also on the right track. That is also what Corbin does. I have taken many single day 600+ mile rides on the Corbin and it works.

I have to say though that the stock seat did not feel that bad. I just have to have a backrest to lay back on!

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 09:39:44 PM »

Yeah I may just get a corbin as well, will wait till I fly over to states next year as it's cheaper there than from the distributers over here,

I think I will have the standard oval backrest though, that donut ring backrest always makes me feel hungry when I see it :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 09:56:17 PM »

Tried something else tonight too.  I sat on both seats and measured from my crotch to the bottom of the tank trim and I am 1.5 inches farther back on the mustang.  At least I think it's the seat. :)

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 03:47:43 PM »

Wild Hog get a Corbin!!!! The other post talking about reworking a seat and putting firmer/denser foam is also on the right track. That is also what Corbin does. I have taken many single day 600+ mile rides on the Corbin and it works.

I have to say though that the stock seat did not feel that bad. I just have to have a backrest to lay back on!

Can you tell me buddy, does the Corbin seat you and others also have position you the same as the stock cvo street glide seat, further back or "god forbid" further forward?,
just trying to nail these details down as deciding which seat to get, and don't want a seat that will sit me any further forward.
Ride free brothers!

firesam23

• Full CVO Member
  • It's only money Can't take it with you
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO SG HC Mercury
    • CVO2: 2011 SG Harley Custom numbered paint set candy red with skulls
    • CVO3: 2003 1200 Sportster Black/Silver
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2014, 09:11:33 PM »

I've also got the Mustang solo.  I sent to http://www.meancitycycles.com and they re-padded it for me.  they have done 2 seats for me and I couldn't be happier.  I'm going to send the new CVO solo down also.  I'm sure it will be just as nice as the rest they have done for me.  Ride safe.
It was women, it was sinnin’, it was alcohol
It was everything the bible says will make a man fall

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2014, 09:49:26 PM »

X2 on the Corbin!!!!!  Will be ordering one over the winter for mine.

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2014, 07:22:26 PM »

I've also got the Mustang solo.  I sent to http://www.meancitycycles.com and they re-padded it for me.  they have done 2 seats for me and I couldn't be happier.  I'm going to send the new CVO solo down also.  I'm sure it will be just as nice as the rest they have done for me.  Ride safe.

Mean City Cycles may not be able to modify your CVO seat. I tried to have my 2010 SECG seat modified by them. They told me there wasn't enough material in the CVO seats for them to work with, and there wasn't anything they could do. Again this was on a 2010, maybe something has changed on the newer seats.

Clay

Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

DALE#3

• SOFTAIL UPDATE
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2015, 04:18:46 PM »

Mean City Cycles may not be able to modify your CVO seat. I tried to have my 2010 SECG seat modified by them. They told me there wasn't enough material in the CVO seats for them to work with, and there wasn't anything they could do. Again this was on a 2010, maybe something has changed on the newer seats.

Clay

Updating this old thread:
I just got off the phone with this company.They stated Still CANNOT work on the LEATHER on the CVO SG Seat.Because issue's quoted and wrinkles on finish product are unacceptable.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2015, 05:38:40 PM »

Updating this old thread:
I just got off the phone with this company.They stated Still CANNOT work on the LEATHER on the CVO SG Seat.Because issue's quoted and wrinkles on finish product are unacceptable.

I was told the same thing....

SteveVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2015, 02:07:23 PM »

I'm 6'2 36 inseam, and I really would like to hear an answer about where the Corbin sits, is it the same as stock, further forward or further back?  I guess as its semi-custom seat you can ask to have it sit you back a bit.
Nothing exceeds like excess!!

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2015, 01:42:10 AM »

I had the same one with the removable back rest and passenger pillion on my 2012 SESG. It was comfy.
Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, Power Duals, FP3 Tuner

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 11:26:54 PM »

I get a little sore after a couple hours on the seat and if I ride  350 miles plus for the day including stops here and there of course I'm ready to get off. I like the looks of the seat and I have a really tight ass for may age at least some of my buddies tell me that.....   :D

Ice182

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2016, 12:09:56 PM »

Did we ever decide on which seat is the best?

I can't take the 15 cvo seat anymore. Looking for a solo with a backrest. My last bike I had a corbin classic and loved it. After hearing all the horror stories about Corbins service lately I hesitated to call them. I decided this morning I wanted the Corbin so I called them. The lady I talked to couldn't have been more bothered. Hate to order an $1100 seat with the pillion and pad and get left out to dry

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2016, 06:56:53 AM »

Get the Mustang. . . You won't be sorry. . Stuart

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2016, 04:07:32 AM »

I'll second that!,
 I've got 4 different mustang seats for different bikes/ occasions and never going to sell any of them!  :)
Ride free brothers!

Gkup

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 Street Glide
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2016, 08:47:50 AM »

Can you get a passenger pillion and back rest with the Mustang seat you posted?

Ice182

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2016, 09:10:39 AM »

Almost pulled the trigger on the Mustang but ended up ordering a Corbin with the help of Jim from the forum (metal dragon) on advise from a couple other members. Couple weeks out still but looking forward to it
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 24 queries.