Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: 2012 FLHXSE Best Resale Color  (Read 15547 times)

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
Re: 2012 FLHXSE Best Resale Color
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 12:18:35 AM »

1. Black Diamond/Dark Slate.

2. Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon

3. Hot Citrus/Antique Gun Stock

+1  :2vrolijk_21:

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 01:43:15 AM »

It's called "resale red" for a reason

I thought it was called Ruby Red and Typhoon Maroon.  Big difference! 

"Resale Red" applies only to non-maroon and non-ruby reds.  Everyone knows that.  Sheesh!  They're not even as fast as the non CVO reds!

:orange: Hot  :orange: Citrus  :orange: Orange  :orange:

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 01:50:53 AM »

Wow, Getting ready to buy a new CVO and already thinking about selling it, thats like remodeling your house to what might sell better even though you have to live with it and don't like it. I assume you are getting a SESG because you want one not because what you think what someone will want in a few years just my opinion.

Answer:  I buy John Deere tractors (Only one color option "GREEN") because they have the best resale value due to the fact that they are the best engineered.  I have 8 tractors that I trade every 5 years and John Deere will have historically a $30,000 per tractor better resale value than their competition.  I have 7 Peterbilt trucks that are very well engineered and hold their resale value better than the competition.  The best resale colors are: Red, Black and White in that order.  I have 4 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 pickups that hold their resale and those best colors are Red and Black.  I buy Harley Davidson motorcycles because they are cool and they definitely hold their resale value better than the competition.  I can't say they are better engineered but they are definitely better marketed.  When you trade iron as much as I do, resale value is definitely a factor to consider.  I know that the auto market has certain colors (Red) that hold their value better than other colors.  I assumed the motorcycle industry would be similar.  That was the whole point of the post.  Heck, I would love a pink truck if it was worth $10,000 more after 5 years than a red one.

I have a question for you.  If the consensus was the Hot Citrus and you really didn't like the Hot Citrus as well as the other two colors, would you really buy it just because some people you don't even know told you it might be worth a few more bucks five years from now?  Seriously?  So if Willy G had decided to make one of the choices a flat black monotone with ugly skulls embedded in the paint, and all of us on the site told you that was the one to buy, you would do it?  

Answer :  If some people told me that: No  If 5000 people relayed that opinion:  Hell Yes, because I know it would be worth A LOT more in 5 years than the other colors or styles.

After those two statements, we know you have at least two personalities.     You planning to release any others from the lock-up?  

Answer:  One thing about the English language, it can be misinterpreted and you did.  You sound more like a cop than you do a literary scholar

You gonna answer the questions that were asked of you?

Answer:  I did
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:01:20 AM by CowboyBagger »
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 02:29:26 AM »

This thread needs a calm, concerned, concensus building, soulful, thoughtful individual to ease the fractured ids.  So where is Hoist anyway?

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 02:42:13 AM »

This thread needs a calm, concerned, concensus building, soulful, thoughtful individual to ease the fractured ids.

Obama is busy.  We must handle this existential crisis ourselves!

Seriously, go see all three in the sunlight, and get the one that grabs you by the man-cubes and shouts "Take me!  I'm yours!"

(It will be the HCO one.)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 06:43:17 AM »

Sounds to me like you've already answered your question, based on personal experience.  Red seems to come to the top of your list (except for JD tractors, which you can get in any color you want, as long as it's green), so based on your own observations, you should go with red, whether you like it or not.   I've never bought a vehicle of any kind with resale in mind, and I replace every two to three years.  I buy what strikes me at the time I bought it.  That's why I bought the Hot Citrus, it struck me, and still does, way over the two other colors.  Harley will always have a version of red and black, it's the "one-offs" that I like.  It may date it, but who cares.  I love it and that's all that matters.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 08:27:16 AM »

Sounds to me like you've already answered your question, based on personal experience.  Red seems to come to the top of your list (except for JD tractors, which you can get in any color you want, as long as it's green), so based on your own observations, you should go with red, whether you like it or not.   I've never bought a vehicle of any kind with resale in mind, and I replace every two to three years.  I buy what strikes me at the time I bought it.  That's why I bought the Hot Citrus, it struck me, and still does, way over the two other colors.  Harley will always have a version of red and black, it's the "one-offs" that I like.  It may date it, but who cares.  I love it and that's all that matters.

:devil:

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY, :devil: !

I didn't buy my Hot Citrus for any reason other than it simply moved my SOUL... and that was only in pictures. I had already committed to buy it before I ever laid eyes on it. THAT'S why you buy a CVO. I waited a LONG time to buy a CVO  because I needed to have it really GRAB me, and no previous incarnation ever had - not the point of dropping 320+ Benjamins on one.

To the OP - the very thought of buying a CVO in a particular color just because you think that color will be worth more down the road defeats the whole purpose of buying a CVO in the first place. If your primary buying criteria is that, you'd be FAR better off buying used, and let someone else take the first two year of depreciation. You pay a LOT for CVOs - a ridiculous amount more than the non-CVO bikes - so if you're looking for the best financial value in terms in dollars invested vs. dollars recouped at resale or trade-in (and BTW the alternate uses of the extra funds it takes to buy a CVO, such as just buying stocks or bonds with those extra funds and getting the gains on them over your stated 5-year period instead of committing them to a CVO) - that calculation would produce far better results with a non-CVO bike than it would with any CVO. You'd probably do even better with a friggin' Gold Wing or BMW in that calculation.

The whole point of the CVOs is to have a sexy bike that really floats your boat. Although CVOs do hold their value quite well - they really aren't about resale value. They are about FLASH and STYLE, man! FLASH, FLASH, FLASH... in that descending order.

Oh yeah... and egos...  :2vrolijk_21:

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 09:15:28 AM »

I don't know about motorcycles but cars in Red or Black sell better than Orange. BUT that's talking cars.

I think motorcycle colors get a much different reaction. I bought a White Deuce in 2003 (Only 10% of the total production of all HD bikes were White in 2003) thinking it was subdude but it really stood out and I got quite a bit of reaction from that color. In 2011 I bought a Brown CVO Street Glide (Only 4% of the total production of CVO HD bikes were Autumn Haze/Antique Gunstock in 2011), again thinking the subdude. Go figure, comments galore.

Each color will have its buying public. Like I said Black and Red should have a larger buying audience but the Orange CVO buyers will be specific shoppers and potentially willing to spend more money for that color. Who really knows.

Any way you go you will be happy and the resale "value" difference should be minimal.

Let us know what color you picked.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 10:30:41 AM »

I don't think that the color will make any difference in the price of the bike 5 years from now. It may make a difference in the time it is for sale as the blk or the red may sell quicker.  Although I really like all three color combos. I chose the black as I thought I might grow tired of the other two after a few years. Black is timeless.

JMHO

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 10:38:22 AM »

Perhaps should combine the color schemes to broaden the potential resale market and, thereby, increase the target audience and improve the resale speed.  Front fender in red, tank in citrus, rear fender in black and fairing in John Deere green.  That should cover everyone potential buyer.

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 12:32:21 PM »

I don't think that the color will make any difference in the price of the bike 5 years from now. It may make a difference in the time it is for sale as the blk or the red may sell quicker.  Although I really like all three color combos. I chose the black as I thought I might grow tired of the other two after a few years. Black is timeless.

JMHO

agree ...   :2vrolijk_21:

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 12:43:37 PM »

Oh, just buy them all.....
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »

Someone needs to bookmark this thread and bring it back in 4 or 5 years.  It will be just as weird then as it is now.  All you're getting here is guys saying that the color they already own (and that their emotions drove the decision on, which is the way most of us approach our toy buying) is going to be worth the most.  Surprise! ::)

Any difference will be insignificant.  Resale value is based more on condition, miles, market conditions, etc. than color, IMO.  So, go crazy and pick the one that appeals to you for once. :2vrolijk_21:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 12:59:37 PM »

I vote for pink with chartreuse flames.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 01:06:30 PM »

Silver....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 24 queries.