Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: 2012 FLHXSE Best Resale Color  (Read 15523 times)

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
Re: 2012 FLHXSE Best Resale Color
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 01:23:43 PM »

I vote for pink with chartreuse flames.

Jerry

Jerry......You sir, are a man with style!!!! .........
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 02:55:58 PM »

Someone needs to bookmark this thread and bring it back in 4 or 5 years.  It will be just as weird then as it is now.  All you're getting here is guys saying that the color they already own (and that their emotions drove the decision on, which is the way most of us approach our toy buying) is going to be worth the most.  Surprise! ::)

Any difference will be insignificant.  Resale value is based more on condition, miles, market conditions, etc. than color, IMO.  So, go crazy and pick the one that appeals to you for once. :2vrolijk_21:

This post makes sense to me. Harley sells a lot of black so there must be a core of black loving Harley enthusiasts. Either of the other colors are better to me. I hate the boring black one.

If you want great resale value don't ride the bike much at all, keep it covered and waxed. Control humidity in the storage area and keep out all bugs. You know these things already but I have to echo some of the questions of the other members about resale being such high priority. And for God sakes don't spend any money on pipes or other add ons because you will never get that money back.

stevehd

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »

Any of the stock color schemes should be worth the same.  Custom paint jobs, depending on what was done, may actually hurt the price.  Maybe check prices on one of the used motorcycle web sites and see if the price varies much by color.
2012 Ruby Red and Typhoon Maroon FLHXSE-3
2014 Black Fxsb
2006 Big Dog Mastiff
1992 Yamaha FL-1200

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 03:13:56 PM »

Interesting conversation.  I'd like to see them bring back the Candy Cherry and Black Ice in a different paint scheme.  I get loads of complements on how it looks and I love red.  I love pink too, but must be accompanied by a member of the female persuasion... 8) 

Good luck picking...as suggested before; go for what you like.  It's very likely there will be many others out there who like it too. 

Cheers!
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2012, 03:31:36 PM »

Oh, just buy them all.....

I WANT THAT ONE!!! :bananarock:

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »

I'd stick to green if I were you.  Its working out for your tractors, why risk changing now... :cucumber:   ::)

FreestateSE3

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE Convertible
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2012, 05:51:34 PM »

Resale..........? :nixweiss:
Don
Rolling Thunder, Inc.
Virginia Chapter 1
"Never Again"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2012, 06:22:41 PM »

I vote for pink with chartreuse flames.

Jerry

:worthless: :worthless:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2012, 06:24:45 PM »

If he goes really deep in to the P&A catalog he can get one that looks like this:

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2012, 06:37:55 PM »

If he goes really deep in to the P&A catalog he can get one that looks like this:

OMG  :'( That beast is ugly  :toilet:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2012, 06:43:38 PM »

OMG  :'( That beast is ugly  :toilet:

Yes it is :huepfenlol2: .

But in a way that its owners loved dearly.  I very much admired the old couple that rode that big heavy hog all over the midwest.  I want to be them when I grow up.  More about that old Tour Glide can be seen here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=2484.0
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:06:15 PM by Twolanerider »

lpekim

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond and Crimson
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2012, 06:45:32 PM »

Well, I just picked the color I wanted thats what mattered to me, and so far I still enjoy looking at it and most of all riding it, but that is just my opinion, and thats all I have to say about that.

Cheers

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2012, 07:55:20 PM »

I'm getting ready to buy a new FLHXSE tomorrow.  Each color is in my trade area.  I want to buy the color that will have the best resale value 4 or 5 years from now.  It will be interesting to see what everyone thinks.  Please respond with which color you think will be the most popular in the future.

Colours are a decision maker for most of us, however what ever colour we choose grows on us in time.
'All comes down to personal preference'.

When I ordered my CVO in 2011 I had 2 favorites, Kryptonite and Inferno.
Seeing all 3 bikes in the flesh made the decision challenging. (Black, Kryptonite or Inferno!!!).

So I decided to take the plunge and ordered a Krypto and Inferno, decided on the Inferno at the end as the Krypto was wearing off (personal preferences).
When the bike turned up the wrong colour was delivered to the dealer so I declined and stuck with the Inferno but non available any more.
I had the chance to get a Black or Krypto but decided to wait a little longer for the 2012 SG.

Back to square one looking at the new 2012 models I ordered site unseen, this colour jumped at me and had its own character.
Having a few other Red bikes made it easy to decide as I wanted a different colour for a change.
Looking at many posts and some out standing pictures made it clear that what I decided on was right for me.

(After ordering the 2012 Citrus I come across an Inferno in my travels, this bike was delivered to the wrong dealer and was ment to be mine, looking over the bike I was asked to make an offer and told the dealer it was tempting but no thanks I have a Citrus on the way).

No matter what you choose it will be the right one, go with what jumps at you and enjoy.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 09:21:16 PM »

Wow, Getting ready to buy a new CVO and already thinking about selling it, thats like remodeling your house to what might sell better even though you have to live with it and don't like it. I assume you are getting a SESG because you want one not because what you think what someone will want in a few years just my opinion.

Answer:  I buy John Deere tractors (Only one color option "GREEN") because they have the best resale value due to the fact that they are the best engineered.  I have 8 tractors that I trade every 5 years and John Deere will have historically a $30,000 per tractor better resale value than their competition.  I have 7 Peterbilt trucks that are very well engineered and hold their resale value better than the competition.  The best resale colors are: Red, Black and White in that order.  I have 4 Chevrolet Duramax 3500 pickups that hold their resale and those best colors are Red and Black.  I buy Harley Davidson motorcycles because they are cool and they definitely hold their resale value better than the competition.  I can't say they are better engineered but they are definitely better marketed.  When you trade iron as much as I do, resale value is definitely a factor to consider.  I know that the auto market has certain colors (Red) that hold their value better than other colors.  I assumed the motorcycle industry would be similar.  That was the whole point of the post.  Heck, I would love a pink truck if it was worth $10,000 more after 5 years than a red one.

I have a question for you.  If the consensus was the Hot Citrus and you really didn't like the Hot Citrus as well as the other two colors, would you really buy it just because some people you don't even know told you it might be worth a few more bucks five years from now?  Seriously?  So if Willy G had decided to make one of the choices a flat black monotone with ugly skulls embedded in the paint, and all of us on the site told you that was the one to buy, you would do it?  

Answer :  If some people told me that: No  If 5000 people relayed that opinion:  Hell Yes, because I know it would be worth A LOT more in 5 years than the other colors or styles.

After those two statements, we know you have at least two personalities.     You planning to release any others from the lock-up?  

Answer:  One thing about the English language, it can be misinterpreted and you did.  You sound more like a cop than you do a literary scholar

You gonna answer the questions that were asked of you?

Answer:  I did

FWIW: After owning 26 new Harley's over my riding career,  I think like you do.  I want my bike to be enjoyable and have the WOW Factor too but it is important that it has an optimum residual value when I am ready to buy another one.

If color weren't important we would still have lime green and orange Ford Pinto's selling at premium prices and we would still be riding around in our plaid shorts and madras shirts.    :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:

Regards

Jerry

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 09:36:34 PM »

A couple of weeks ago the GM at the Harley store I deal with delivered my Streetglide(Red)and my wife's Streetglide(Citrus) after getting them service and stayed and talked for a couple hours.  During our conversation in front of my wife I asked what was the most ask for color in the 12 SESG and he said the Citrus by along way. :(  So I would think in 5 years it would still be the same.  This Harley store is in the top 5 sales in the nation so they are getting a lot of request for bikes.  I'm a red man myself.  Hope that might be the type info you are looking for. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 24 queries.