Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Just ordered 12" Yaffe Monkey Bars - Installing Advice?  (Read 45478 times)

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
Re: Just ordered 12" Yaffe Monkey Bars - Installing Advice?
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2013, 10:08:51 PM »

To those who have 10 or 12s.... I have some handling questions. How is it at slow speeds around the parking lot say? Any top heavy feeling? Ive heard cruising is far more comfy... True???

I love the look of the 10s... Just think the 12s stick up a little much for my taste but they are very cool none the less. Cool factor aside, am i improving the experience on my ride or is all appearances. Not that im against appearances... I mean it nots like we all need a cvo  ;D ... I just want to know there is another upside other than looks.
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2013, 10:47:31 PM »

If you like to ride leaning back against the back rest, get the 12's and tilt them back toward you until there comfortable.  They won't be too high that they are way above the fairing.

If you ride straight up or leaned forward, get the 10's.  You can shove them all the way forward to the fairing if you like, whatever is comfortable to you.

They are a great improvement in comfort over the stock bars and a lot better fit for me than the WO 575's that I took off.

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

lowriderlou

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2013, 06:45:51 PM »

To those who have 10 or 12s.... I have some handling questions. How is it at slow speeds around the parking lot say? Any top heavy feeling? Ive heard cruising is far more comfy... True???

I love the look of the 10s... Just think the 12s stick up a little much for my taste but they are very cool none the less. Cool factor aside, am i improving the experience on my ride or is all appearances. Not that im against appearances... I mean it nots like we all need a cvo  ;D ... I just want to know there is another upside other than looks.

I have the 12s on my scoot and believe they look better than the 10s, just my opinion.  As far as the slow speed handling,there is a small learning curve.  It took me about a month to get used to them but the slow speed maneuverability is no different than the stock bars, just different.  If I were to go back to stock, there would be another learning curve.  I wouldn't worry about it one bit.  The 12s (and probably the 10s) are way better as far as comfort goes and they look a hell of a lot better than the POS stock bars.  Go for it.

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2013, 09:10:41 AM »

my advice would be.. make dam sure you drill and tap top clamp for set screws OR get the one Yaffe offers and use it .. avoid the problems later that come when the bars slip and the ya do it .. jus sayin .. you will love the bars BTW.. I run the 12inch version

citruscvo

• citruscvo

• CVO1: 2012 citrus orange - gunstock FHLXSE3
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2013, 01:52:23 PM »

They're on !
Usually what you are looking for is right in front of you...

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2013, 02:11:14 PM »

Did you put Heat Demons on also?  If so, could I see a pic of how the handle bar control fit on the bars?

Cowboy

citruscvo

• citruscvo

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2013, 02:24:54 PM »

They told me they tried and Werner,t gonna work :-\

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2013, 02:33:24 PM »

They told me they tried and Werner,t gonna work :-\

Was the problem mounting the handle bar control or reaming out the right handle bar?

Cowboy

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2013, 07:02:23 PM »

I looked into dealer doing them up here. 12 hours labour, new abs brake lines, tbw switch, wire extensions and hydraulic clutch line. By the time they remove my 2 amps and everyhting under the faring I'm looking at about $2000 cdn.

Seems steep to me.
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2013, 08:00:34 PM »

I installed them myself.  First bike: 6 hr, Second bike: 4 hr and Third bike: 3 hr.  Not hard to install, just time consuming.

Bars: $340
New Lines:  $220
Beer: $20

Total:  $580

Cowboy

citruscvo

• citruscvo

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2013, 09:51:07 AM »

they said it was something to do with the mounting..if they would have told me I would have probably held them up trying to find another way to make them work or another brand...the fact that these bars I gave them were a non cvo bar and did not have the machined relief on the left side of the bar for the clutch master held us up two weeks trying to find another wayt ot make them work ..the fix was a different clutch master from hills country that did not require a relief...so they new better to call me and just put em on..gloved up so far so good the wind is cruising right over my knuckles but i'm trying to find the sweet spot on the adjustment..what's the trick to getting that stereo back in without messing up the rubber sleeve ? i've been in twice now and think Im going to pull em back a wee bit more...wee bit..  jb :oops: :oops:

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2014, 09:07:26 AM »

Ordered the 10". Quite a wait for theses. According to yaffe they are behind because of a replacement issue they are dealing with... Something about diameter of bar where hydraulic clutch for cvo mounts.
Got a quote from 2 dealers.... Way too much $$$. Having a local custom motorcycle shop do them for 1/3 less. Parts are expensive here, but the dealer wants too much markup and labour At 109 per hour.... So just not doable there.

Will post once they are done... Which is quite a few weeks away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

2whls4ever

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2014, 01:00:48 PM »

This winter, I installed a set of RB Customs 10" Sweeping Beaters. I considered the Monkey bars but liked the fatter 1 1/2 dia over the 1 1/4. I also and liked the gusset option they offer. 13 week leadtime, but I knew that going in and is why I ordered them last Nov. I was able to use my standard wiring and cableing w/o extentions which was nice cause I did not have to break open my brake line, neccessating a trip to the dealer to finish bleed the system while pumping the ABS valve. I like em!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 01:04:50 PM by 2whls4ever »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2014, 07:30:33 PM »

I did not have to break open my brake line, necessitating a trip to the dealer to finish bleed the system while pumping the ABS valve. I like em!

I opened my brake line, they bled just fine when I extended my cables and the brakes work excellent with no ABS light on. Don't believe the hype!  ;D

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2014, 03:25:43 AM »

Finally my 10" yaffe MBB's arrived. They look and feel awesome. For me the right height. Arms straight out slight bend at elbow. Nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.