Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Wardspartswerks cooling fans  (Read 6913 times)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Re: Wardspartswerks cooling fans
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 05:19:23 AM »

They look great  :2vrolijk_21:
You wont regret it! really good product and i agree they look even better in person!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Edgar436

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 10:49:11 PM »

Got my setup yesterday in CVO gray, the powdercoat matches my 2013 Road King like it came from the factory.  I got the kit with the that wires right into the harness, painless/easy install.  Barely hear them at idle and not at all when riding.  The thermal switch makes them idiot proof, they fire up when needed and go off when not.  They cycle on two to three times after I shut down the bike in S. Florida on a 90 degree day.  When installed they look like they came from the factory.  Appear to be high quality and the powdercoat is high quality.  Also no noticeable extra heat on my right let when riding or at idle.  So far a great product.

February 9, 2014.  Update, had the fans on for nearly nine months and have ridden through all temps, they still work great and look great.  Would still highly recommend them to anyone!!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:52:41 PM by Edgar436 »

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 10:58:48 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: look great,
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

ggbiw

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 06:52:47 PM »

Ordered for 2012 CVO street glide. Heading to Daytona beach Florida bike week, Lord willing.
1 Corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

ggbiw

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 06:22:46 PM »

Installed on my 2012 CVO street glide. They work so good they actually cycle on and off at idle . Gets warm,on,cools off,off. Great product. No brainer for hot running harleys. :)
1 Corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 02:51:44 AM »

One year on and fans working great. Have only good words for the product. If it would only stop raining now I might actually get the engine up to temperature.

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 04:53:31 PM »

I guess I should put in my 2 cents.  I installed these fans for the brutal SoCal summers and traffic last fall, so I haven't had the chance to try them out in summer conditions yet.  But I have made a few very un-scientific observations.

First, since the fans only cool the heads, I expected them to have little or no effect on the oil temps.  However, my oil temps SEEM to be better controlled.  The oil temps had topped 290 degrees last summer, but since installing the WPW fans, my oil temp has not exceeded 250 on a couple 90 degree days this spring.  How well they handle 110 degree temps in slow traffic remains to be seen.

When idling after warming up completely and the fans are working, I do think there's a little more heat felt by the rider (or maybe I just notice it more because I'm thinking about it more).  I don't feel it on my right leg, but there's a lot more air removing heat from the cylinders, and that larger volume of warmer air can be felt while sitting still.  This might even increase rider discomfort in high heat and slow traffic, so if you're thinking about getting these fans for your own comfort, you may be disappointed with the results. 

I think these fans help a little with cylinder head temps, but they may actually add to rider discomfort while sitting still.  They might be insurance against high heat damaging your heads, but nothing beats a set of pipes and a good tune to increase rider comfort.

Stay safe,

Dan

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2014, 08:40:42 AM »

Looks like another worthy candidate for future mods.

Doc
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »

I guess I should put in my 2 cents.  I installed these fans for the brutal SoCal summers and traffic last fall, so I haven't had the chance to try them out in summer conditions yet.  But I have made a few very un-scientific observations.

First, since the fans only cool the heads, I expected them to have little or no effect on the oil temps.  However, my oil temps SEEM to be better controlled.  The oil temps had topped 290 degrees last summer, but since installing the WPW fans, my oil temp has not exceeded 250 on a couple 90 degree days this spring.  How well they handle 110 degree temps in slow traffic remains to be seen.

When idling after warming up completely and the fans are working, I do think there's a little more heat felt by the rider (or maybe I just notice it more because I'm thinking about it more).  I don't feel it on my right leg, but there's a lot more air removing heat from the cylinders, and that larger volume of warmer air can be felt while sitting still.  This might even increase rider discomfort in high heat and slow traffic, so if you're thinking about getting these fans for your own comfort, you may be disappointed with the results. 

I think these fans help a little with cylinder head temps, but they may actually add to rider discomfort while sitting still.  They might be insurance against high heat damaging your heads, but nothing beats a set of pipes and a good tune to increase rider comfort.

Stay safe,

Dan

Good observation, Dan. I use these fans and I really like them. Anything that blows AIR on our 110" engines is a good thing. But that heat has to go somewhere when you are stopped or riding slowly. I like that it's going away from the engine... even if some of it is going on me!

And you're right... by far the best way to deal with heat is to stop it from brung produced in the first place. That means dumping the POS SE 255 early-compression cams and replacing them with one of the many much-better options, getting rid of the 1300-degree catalytic converter, and getting a good TUNE! Installing these fans on a stock bike is nothing more a Band Aid...

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 24 queries.