Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Trying Lower Fairings on my SESG  (Read 4669 times)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: Trying Lower Fairings on my SESG
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 11:30:28 PM »

I just took the vent doors off run all year that way. Now don't have to keep checking them as they would kind of creep closed to different degrees.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 06:14:34 AM »

I took out my vent doors also.  I have an extended shifter and rear brake pedal and I would constantly have my shoe get stuck underneath it,, so they are in my drawer somewhere too.   :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:43:22 PM by cvostu »

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 02:59:51 PM »

Update - As this thread stated, I installed vented lowers on my SESG.  Last Friday morning, I left to head to Daytona bike week.  It was 36 degrees and pouring rain on the way down.  I rode for 5 to 6 hours in the rain with the temp rising from 36 to 46.  I have to say the lowers made a huge difference.  On Saturday and Sunday it got close to 80 and with the vents open there was no problem.  On the way home, I started out with the vents open since it was going to be warm.  Once on the interstate, I tested riding with the vents open and closed.  I really couldn't tell much difference in temp but closing the vents at highway speeds really decreased the wind turbulence.

So far, I plan to leave the lowers on all the time.  Adding them made a huge difference when it was cold and raining plus highway speeds were more pleasant.

Thanks to all for the input.  This was well worth doing.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:02:15 PM by JustDennis »
Ride Safe,
JustDennis

garretn

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Ultra Limited, Stardust Silver, Autumn Sunset
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 03:12:05 PM »

For what its worth I believe they recommend that if temperatures are above 50 to leave them open to help cool the motor.

I added the lowers to my 09-SG and had the quick removal bolts on them but actually found I never removed them.  I liked being able to relax my legs instead of having the wind attempting to blow them off the boards.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 04:46:25 PM »

For what its worth I believe they recommend that if temperatures are above 50 to leave them open to help cool the motor.

I added the lowers to my 09-SG and had the quick removal bolts on them but actually found I never removed them.  I liked being able to relax my legs instead of having the wind attempting to blow them off the boards.

I came from a 2009 FLHX with no lowers to this beautiful 12 CVO SG with lowers. I never realized how much of a cleaner pocket of air the lowers provided and I actually like the look.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 01:49:06 PM »

Glad to hear that they're working out for you JD.  I used to not be a fan of lowers, but lately they have been growing on me.  I can't argue with the benefits, but it's taken me a bit to warm up to the looks. 

Thanks for the honest feedback!

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 01:59:26 PM »

Glad to hear that they're working out for you JD.  I used to not be a fan of lowers, but lately they have been growing on me.  I can't argue with the benefits, but it's taken me a bit to warm up to the looks. 

Thanks for the honest feedback!

I never really cared for how they looked but when I found a set already painted to match for a reasonable price, I decided to give them a try.  Now I am glad I did and the way they look seems to be growing on me  ;D  Guess there was a reason HD added them to the 2011 and 2012 SESGs.
Ride Safe,
JustDennis

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 12:17:30 AM »

There's no reason to ever remove the lowers from an SESG... Unless you need room for a blower!

And no, I don't have one...  :-\

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 24 queries.