Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: S&S 110 Kit  (Read 3509 times)

Tail Rider

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

Re: S&S 110 Kit
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 08:23:14 PM »

I understand the guideline part and it gives an idea of what to shoot for...Ill let the Indy do the final numbers. Nominally looking to shoot for 195-200 +/- a couple points depending on the variants, once started. I guess my thought was that, what was used as "stock" for a ccp, then a performance build should be able to be built to that...not really looking to exceed it. Like, doing a "bolt-in" cam and not seeing the expected power gain because the heads remain stock and your ccp is now 12# lower
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 03:28:06 PM by Tail Rider »

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 05:32:42 PM »

The CCP is just another number out of the context of the whole combination. Better to focus on that rather than paying too much attention to what it will crank. That guarantees nothing. The items that often get sent down the line which should be higher are the pipe choice and the tune.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 10:00:22 AM »

In my experience upping the compression to 10.4 over 10 on the 570 doesn’t improve low end to much.  Yes, it does improve it but the improvement is seen more mid and top.  It just doesn’t hold on to the exhaust long enough.  I’d look at the tman 580 if looking at that compression and want more low end.

......and do not overlook exhaust choice.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.