Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Biker's fight back  (Read 805 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Biker's fight back
« on: January 10, 2009, 08:59:40 PM »

I found this in a post on another forum regarding bikers being ticketed for loud pipes.  I like what they did to fight back.

My friend told me that a couple of years ago the residents where complaining about the noise levels. So the township enacted stricter noise restrictions. As a result they handed out tickets like Santa on a fire truck handing out candy canes. One of the large biker groups in the area decided to protest by taking all the parking spots on the main street during the weekends in the summer months, one bike for every parking stop early in the morning then leaving the bikes there all day. The businesses in the area ending up losing so much money because there really isn't that much parking to begin with. As a result the cops/township reduced there ticket giving to individuals who abuse the noise restrictions. I.e. dummies that ride down main street (and within the housing areas) and rev the engines to annoy everyone and show off. So as long as you ride through town with some regard to the residents the cops don't care and in fact the cops are actually really descent people and most ride themselves (at least the ones I have talked to). So anyway yes you can ride through and go to New Hope area and park on the main street. You can usually fit about 3-4 bikes in a spot, which the businesses look at like quadrupling profits. Just know that if you go there and park on the metered parking on the main street you have to keep your bike within the white lines measured by where the tire touches the ground. If the bike tire touches the white line or you are clearly parking within two parking spaces (i.e. bike is over the white lines) you'll get a nice size parking ticket. And that's how they are able to make up for the loss in income from the noise restrictions.

That was a pretty good idea.

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
Re: Biker's fight back
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 09:02:50 PM »

I found this in a post on another forum regarding bikers being ticketed for loud pipes.  I like what they did to fight back.

My friend told me that a couple of years ago the residents where complaining about the noise levels. So the township enacted stricter noise restrictions. As a result they handed out tickets like Santa on a fire truck handing out candy canes. One of the large biker groups in the area decided to protest by taking all the parking spots on the main street during the weekends in the summer months, one bike for every parking stop early in the morning then leaving the bikes there all day. The businesses in the area ending up losing so much money because there really isn't that much parking to begin with. As a result the cops/township reduced there ticket giving to individuals who abuse the noise restrictions. I.e. dummies that ride down main street (and within the housing areas) and rev the engines to annoy everyone and show off. So as long as you ride through town with some regard to the residents the cops don't care and in fact the cops are actually really descent people and most ride themselves (at least the ones I have talked to). So anyway yes you can ride through and go to New Hope area and park on the main street. You can usually fit about 3-4 bikes in a spot, which the businesses look at like quadrupling profits. Just know that if you go there and park on the metered parking on the main street you have to keep your bike within the white lines measured by where the tire touches the ground. If the bike tire touches the white line or you are clearly parking within two parking spaces (i.e. bike is over the white lines) you'll get a nice size parking ticket. And that's how they are able to make up for the loss in income from the noise restrictions.

That was a pretty good idea.

Dam good idea  :2vrolijk_21:

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
Re: Biker's fight back
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 11:23:16 PM »

Well I said before New Hope Pa has treated so many bikers poorly over the years that they need not woory about seeing me again.
  The wife and I, like so many others have spent a fortune there whether on a bike or in a cage.
  After seeing cops on bicycles hastling and ticketing bikers, I will not return.  There are scores of towns glad to take my green.

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 23 queries.