Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone with experience with a Clearview windshield with vent?  (Read 4381 times)

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2

I am still experimenting trying to find Road glide nirvana with different windshields and various aero aids and saw that Clear view makes a vent similar to what is on the 2014's. Anyone use one of these with the built in vent? Seems like the same idea as a Mastad with air flow being allowed behind the shield.
T-MAN 117 kit

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Anyone with experience with a Clearview windshield with vent?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 09:41:04 AM »

2K has one and I PM'd him. He said he liked it and it stopped buffeting. I have one coming.

SanJuanRon

• Full CVO Member
  • Way Up High In The Mountains and Down By The Sea!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 09:46:42 AM »

I have had one on my CVO Ultra for several years and it certainly helps with the buffering.  SJ Ron :)
2011.5 FLHTCUSE6, Candy Cobalt & Twilight Blue, HCC 14" Apes, V&H 2:1 Pro Pipe Chrome, Stage 1
2009 FLSTN, Tango Orange, Carlini 17" Flying Apes & High Roller Risers/Air Cover, V&H True Dual Pipes/Fishtails, LePera Seat, Stage 1, Chromed
2005 FLSTCI, Vivid Black, Wild 1 18" Psycho Apes, V&H Big Shot Long Pipes, LePera Seat, Stage 1, Chromed, 21/18 Sinister Wheels

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 10:40:38 AM »

Quick post. I don't read well on Mondays. Just saw road glide. I was posting re: Ultra's. Answer the same though.

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 11:15:39 AM »

Any comments from passengers? My wife says much more wind is hitting her than on the Heritage softail. I am ready to go with a really tall windshield and look through it instead of over it. I never had a problem looking through the Heritage and my wife was happy, and we all know what that is worth!
T-MAN 117 kit

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 12:29:27 PM »

Friend has a Madstad on a Road Glide and it is adjustable up to 4 inches up and down. Has a space at bottom for the air to go under. He swears it's better than anything else he has tried.

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 01:28:55 PM »

Any comments from passengers? My wife says much more wind is hitting her than on the Heritage softail. I am ready to go with a really tall windshield and look through it instead of over it. I never had a problem looking through the Heritage and my wife was happy, and we all know what that is worth!

Brad have you considered putting on the fork mounted defectors on.  You know the vampire looking things. You will reduce more from this than
changing out the windshield.  Plus it looks a lot better than those long shields on the RG.  Lori will Love you for this.

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »

I don't have the fork mounted ones but I do have the GADS system which mounts a deflector under the triple tree and two clear deflectors to the turn signals that block the air along side the fairing from coming over the crash bar and up into the cockpit area. I have also tried removing the factory pieces that hook to the crash bar in front of the gas tank with no reduction. I have never owned anything so hard to get dialed in, three windshields and counting!
T-MAN 117 kit

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 08:34:02 PM »

One of the RG's I ride with has one on it and loves it. I'd make sure to call them and let them know you have a CVO as the fairing is slightly different. I have not found one on their website with the vent in it. I might be looking at the wrong place though. The Gagstad is a huge favorite on the RG forum. I just don't know if I can get past the looks of them. I'm thinking of one myself in a light tint and only using it for trips.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Tele

• dream as if you'll live for ever
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 04:06:24 AM »

Hi y'all has anyone tried the fork deflectors on their 2013 cvo rg and if so are they any good cause I like the windshield that the scoot came with and if I can make it better with the deflectors then I'll go that way. You guys always come up with stuff that is helpful unlike the stealers.thanks in advance.

RayK

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 07:18:38 AM »

Check out the vent at Rifle.com it's called air balance windshield vent kit, looks like it will do the job to reduce buffeting I'm not sure how it will look on a 10" windshield.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 10:39:27 AM »

I am really happy with a 15" Windvest on my RG. I use a hammock seat that sit me an inch higher than stock and at 6'2", I look over the top with no buffeting in a wind free zone. With a stock seat, I probably wouldn't be happy since the 15" would be too tall, a 13 or 14" probably would work just as well.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 04:00:00 PM »

let them know you have a CVO as the fairing is slightly different.

what's different about it?  they both carry the same stock number, 58733-98B.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 11:49:03 PM »

what's different about it?  they both carry the same stock number, 58733-98B.
I think the CVO is a little wider. I tried a KW on mine before and had to fight like hell to get it on and it still didn't fit worth a crap. It was not a CVO shield. When I called LRS to get the Mako I'm currently running, they asked if it's a CVO or not. Also, the Madstad people have two different bases. One standard and one for the CVO. I believe it was a thread on RG.org where I read that the owner of MS stated the difference in the fairing.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 24 queries.