Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Deal points on 2011 cvo Street Glide  (Read 12701 times)

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG Kryptonite/Black Diamond
    • CVO3: 2011.5 SEUC Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
Re: Deal points on 2011 cvo Street Glide
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 02:39:34 AM »

Think that's just a CA. thing?
 Gary

I talked to another dealer today, they won't start looking for your bike till you leave a $1000 deposit!  Yea, it must be a Cali thing. For most part, the dealers KNOW they'll sell the bike regardless. I think they're geared towards the attitude, if you don't buy it, someone else will.   :nixweiss: Seems they know how to control the market.  Ah, once again, the price we pay for toys....
2004 Honda RVT1000-(RC51) still in crate
2004 BMW K1200RS - Go anywhere bike
2006 BMW GS Adventure special edition -still in crate
2009 BMW HP2 Sport  #1-w/ABS- still in crate
2010 CVO SESG- Spiced Rum- wants to come out to play
2011 BMW HP2 Sport - Waiting for a Motorsport Edition-wishful thinking
2011 CVO SESG- Kryptonite- Finally arrived 2-21-11
2011.5 CVO Ultra Classic- Blue or Red? ...BLUE! arrived 3-28-11

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 07:58:56 AM »

All good pomts

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 09:36:58 AM »

Yes they are. I put down $500
 Gary

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 10:47:27 PM »

I learned today that I'm second in line for my dealer's cvo SG allocation. The first bike they will receive is a black/crimson and the guy who is ahead of me initially said no but now said yes and the dealer is honoring his request. That means the one I get, which is scheduled for delivery in late Aug. or Sept., is the autumn haze/antique gunstock. That will be the final allocation to my dealer in phase one ordering. It looks like a pretty color, but I'd like a black/orange or black/crimson color. If any of you are in my position with your dealer, but you'd like the autumn haze but are being allocated an orange or crimson color, let me know and maybe we can arrange a dealer to dealer trade.

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 11:59:45 PM »

As soon as I saw the Green I had to have it. Now, I'm not so hot on that color. My deposit is on the Black and orange. But I've got to say that the Autumn Haze is seriously growing on me. I mean I really like it. When I first saw it I didn't even take a second glance, but now..... Don't know if you have these pictures (http://motorcycles.about.com/od/newbikephotogalleries/ig/2011-Harley-Davidson-CVO-Lineup/CVO-Street-Glide.-8NY.htm) but they are pretty nice. Look at 8, 10 and 11. click on the pictures a couple of times and they get bigger.
 Gary

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 12:03:15 AM »

I'm still stuck on the black one.....

Lucky88

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG Kryptonite/Black Diamond
    • CVO3: 2011.5 SEUC Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 12:56:58 AM »

I'm still stuck to the Green one..
2004 Honda RVT1000-(RC51) still in crate
2004 BMW K1200RS - Go anywhere bike
2006 BMW GS Adventure special edition -still in crate
2009 BMW HP2 Sport  #1-w/ABS- still in crate
2010 CVO SESG- Spiced Rum- wants to come out to play
2011 BMW HP2 Sport - Waiting for a Motorsport Edition-wishful thinking
2011 CVO SESG- Kryptonite- Finally arrived 2-21-11
2011.5 CVO Ultra Classic- Blue or Red? ...BLUE! arrived 3-28-11

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2010, 07:29:42 AM »

I bought the black one (picking it up today) but I think the Autumn haze could be the sleeper color of the group.  Very unique.  Looking forward to seeing it in person.  I saw the Orange and Black in person and liked it alot but think it would have been even better with the orange on top and the black on the bottom...just a little too much orange the way its executed for me.  That being said, I would have bought it if the black wasn't available. 

BobFarmer

• CVO1: 2011 Street Glide
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 12:27:14 PM »

I ordered the black one from my local dealership here in Southern California, it arrives in October.  I might have ordered the orange or autumn haze not only because they're beautiful, but also because they're more visible, but my wife absolutely loves the black.  So why create a problem for myself?    8)
2002 Softail Deuce, too many mods to list--bar bike
2006 Softail Deluxe, blue/white, tour mods, "girl bike"
2011 CVO Street Glide

There's no such thing as a bad Harley Davidson.

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2010, 09:32:53 PM »

As soon as I saw the Green I had to have it. Now, I'm not so hot on that color. My deposit is on the Black and orange. But I've got to say that the Autumn Haze is seriously growing on me. I mean I really like it. When I first saw it I didn't even take a second glance, but now..... Don't know if you have these pictures (http://motorcycles.about.com/od/newbikephotogalleries/ig/2011-Harley-Davidson-CVO-Lineup/CVO-Street-Glide.-8NY.htm) but they are pretty nice. Look at 8, 10 and 11. click on the pictures a couple of times and they get bigger.
 Gary

The autumn haze is looking a little better each time I see it. Thanks for the link to those pictures.

I've never owned a SG but I will soon. Am I correct in my assumption that the 2011 cvo SG has no autolock on the saddlebags, and if that's true, is there a keyed lock? Also, please don't tell me there's no aux-in jack on the front of the radio. I'm not an I-pod fan right now and prefer to put my music in playlists on my zumo, and, is there a plug in for a helmet headset to listen to music as an alternative to the speakers? It doesn't come with heated seats or heated handgrips? I've been spoiled with the luxury and features of my SEUC but I love the look of the new cvo SG. Just wondering with these questions what I have to give up.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 09:43:32 PM »

The autumn haze is looking a little better each time I see it. Thanks for the link to those pictures.

I've never owned a SG but I will soon. Am I correct in my assumption that the 2011 cvo SG has no autolock on the saddlebags, and if that's true, is there a keyed lock? Also, please don't tell me there's no aux-in jack on the front of the radio. I'm not an I-pod fan right now and prefer to put my music in playlists on my zumo, and, is there a plug in for a helmet headset to listen to music as an alternative to the speakers? It doesn't come with heated seats or heated handgrips? I've been spoiled with the luxury and features of my SEUC but I love the look of the new cvo SG. Just wondering with these questions what I have to give up.

Nothing of this mi amigo!!!

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2010, 12:36:05 AM »

Regarding colors again. On the black and orange I'm a little worried that from the drivers seat all you see is black. Black tank (Top), console, inner fairing, gas fill and gauge. When I put my deposit down I told my salesman I was worried about the view form the drivers position. Of course it is a refundable deposit and regardless I am buying one of the CVO SG's. To be honest I am going to need to look at each color to make a final decision. I think the color selections this year are the best I've seen and am excited to soon be seeing all the colors. Don't think you can go wrong with any of the colors this year.
 Gary

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2010, 01:17:43 AM »

Regarding colors again. On the black and orange I'm a little worried that from the drivers seat all you see is black. Black tank (Top), console, inner fairing, gas fill and gauge. When I put my deposit down I told my salesman I was worried about the view form the drivers position. Of course it is a refundable deposit and regardless I am buying one of the CVO SG's. To be honest I am going to need to look at each color to make a final decision. I think the color selections this year are the best I've seen and am excited to soon be seeing all the colors. Don't think you can go wrong with any of the colors this year.
 Gary

Are you going to Sturgis to see all of the colors in person? I've leaving in two days to go there. Really looking forward to it.

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2010, 01:39:45 AM »

My current 08 SG with Big Bore kit was supposed to ship out last week from Va. to Ca.. Instead it ships out Monday morning. The wife and I are flying to L.A. to pick up my bike and do 3 weeks touring the West coast. Bike ships back to Va. after that. Now while we are out there I will be stopping by each dealer we go near. Sure to see all the colors by then. If I see anything out there and get any kind of trade in on my Glide, I'll do a switch right then. Otherwise I will have the Black and orange arriving in Oct..
 Gary

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2010, 02:07:19 AM »

Took me 5 seconds to decide on Autumn Haze for me ... should arrive November or so.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 25 queries.