Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Audio Upgrades  (Read 1373 times)

RCNH-TWN

• 1st luv-'04 FXSTDI
    • TX

Audio Upgrades
« on: July 18, 2017, 12:46:12 AM »

Greetings team!  Has anyone out there updated the audio on the '13 CVO RGs?  Can't find reliable recs for our specific scooters.  I'm actually looking for any and all creative ideas.  I like a very clear and clean sound.  I have heard great sounds coming from baggers but I'm not trying to fill up the bags w speakers and amps and such. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 12:53:41 AM by RCNH-TWN »

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Audio Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 08:46:30 AM »

in my 2013, I replaced the front fairing speakers with the HAT unity u61-2 speakers.  currently running a 2-ch soundstream amp (2 x 100 @ 4 ohms).  I bought a replacement plug from hd and made my own plug in so I didn't have to cut the wiring harness.  completely removed all the old components (speaker, amp) from the fairing.  still running the old amp and speakers in the saddlebags, will eventually swap that out, but not in any big hurry.  not real happy with the soundstream amp, but will upgrade the amp with a better, more powerful one in the future.

http://www.nocageaudio.com/speakers.html
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 09:17:18 AM »

On my third Hawg Wired system and love their components, quality and service. Jim (HD Dude) carries the products

BigLew

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 05:04:14 PM »

Check out SoundZ and J&M - both will actually make more room as they use mutli-channel amps under the front fairing and I know J&M has lifetime warranty. Neither are cheep but this is an area were you will get what you pay for. Both are plug and play.  :drummer:
2017 FLHXSE CVO Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
Performance: HP 99 TQ 121
Stage II = HD Torque Cam SE8-447
Rinehart Slimline, 4" Cans
HD Tuner w/ Wideband module
Screaming Eagle Front Fork internals, Tuned Rear

Appearance:
Blacking out all chrome and bolts. (Work in progress)
Custom color matched carbon fiber parts
HD Passing Lamps and LED lamps

RCNH-TWN

• 1st luv-'04 FXSTDI
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 10:54:20 PM »

I appreciate all the help so far.  Just put 1100+ on her in a spirited (but ALWAYS safe and legal  8) ) jaunt from the H to Sandestin, FL.  I do think I want to keep the functionality of the HD head unit-thumb controls and speed variance-BUT crisp clear sound would so much enhance my scooting.  While price is always an object, I am an admitted poor mans audiophile.  Anyone tried Hog Tunes stuff?

RC

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 26 queries.