Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: The New Water Cooled 103  (Read 17417 times)

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
Re: The New Water Cooled 103
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013, 01:38:33 PM »

This is why there is such positive comments from owners after a proper recalibration on even bone stock bikes.
Bob

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Re: The New Water Cooled 103
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2013, 03:32:46 PM »

I would like to get some new bikes on the dyno to double check this.

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2013, 07:55:39 PM »

Those numbers sound right to me.  I really doubt the exhaust has improved flow, so it's still choked down (A/C was never an issue, anyways).  And that new cam?  Most likely altered to fine tune EPA instead of power.  The stock twin cam platform makes what it makes.

Honey Badger, remember the 60's?  Those numbers were from blueprinted engines with no water pumps, fans, etc in engine stands.  Sure...  MOCO did the tests with good tunes etc, and then pull a Jamie and post up the BEST numbers from the flywheel, and not the average.  Remember always that MOCO's numbers are bogus to the rest of us, because we all use chassis dynos and not engine dynos.

Thanks Steve.
Never Ever Forget; Never Ever Forgive

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2013, 09:51:06 PM »

A set of Andrews 54 cams, Air Cleaner, and Fullsac X pipe will put a smile on anyone's face..... :bananarock:

2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

nevadabob

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2013, 10:09:13 PM »

[ftp]<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151527273026534&amp;set=a.482035466533.264110.112355296533&amp;type=1"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore">Post by Fuel Moto.</div></div>/ftp]

SOME RAW   NUMBERS ON A STOCK 103
Nevadabob

PierceEye

• Living The Life In Florida
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8-ANV
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2013, 10:34:15 PM »

$27,000 bike
68 hp = 393 dollars per horsepower.

Using that scenario a new Shelby at 662 hp should cost $260,166.00.

I guess that means customers are getting a deal on the new Shelby or the shaft on the new Harley.

:nixweiss:     :nixweiss:      :nixweiss:     :nixweiss:

SBB

Now that's Funny.......ok not really but still made me laugh
FLHTCUSE8-Anv w/ Vance & Hines true dual Ovals
88.85hp & 109.33tq tuned with the SE Pro Super Tuner

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 09:10:22 AM »

I really doubt the exhaust has improved flow, so it's still choked down (A/C was never an issue, anyways). 

Thinking along these lines, why, at least on an older bike, does better breathing slip ons not require a SE download, but changing out the AC does?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »

Thinking along these lines, why, at least on an older bike, does better breathing slip ons not require a SE download, but changing out the AC does?

Because changing the A/C to a freer breathing one removes the intake restriction and lets more air into the engine. This changes the VEs.

A free flowing exhaust by itself can't change the VEs... It simply lets the exhaust gases out more easily.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2013, 01:24:52 PM »

It has been my findings that anytime you change air going in or exhaust going out VEs are changed from before.  Long term and short term adaptive fuel will show you this.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2013, 01:45:41 PM »

It has been my findings that anytime you change air going in or exhaust going out VEs are changed from before.  Long term and short term adaptive fuel will show you this.

Well, the VEs can change slightly if you are running cams with a good deal of overlap... but Harley stock cams had NO overlap until 2014... in fact they have -8 degrees overlap in which both the intake and exhaust valves are closed. Hard to see how an open exhaust can affect VEs much if at all in that scenario, given a still-restrictive intake.

The SE 255 cams have 13 degrees overlap, so yeah that can affect VEs a bit... but not nearly to the extent of opening up the intake. Can't improve VEs much if more air can't get in.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2013, 11:03:05 PM »

Dyno Pulls of ALL Stock with sample for AFR from exit of exhaust port.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2013, 11:03:33 PM »

Dyno Pulls of ALL Stock with sample for AFR from exit of exhaust port.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 11:57:47 AM »

What is the range of warmed up head temps are you seeing with the twincooled bike?

gvoxx

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2015, 06:31:23 PM »

Geez, you guys are funny. Your crunching numbers and talking "performance" while talking about a Harley Davidson? Limited? What?

I just bought a 2015 Peace Officer Limited, I have always been a Harley hater. The years of sticking to a naturally aspirated, air cooled engine? That to me has always been for lawn mowers. I have owned, Honda, Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki and now a Harley. I didn't buy it for performance. I still have my 2006 Suzuki M109R that will eat Harleys all day long, bone stock it cant be touched by any of the guys I short ride with. If I want performance or want to ride sport and short, that's what I will take.

My Limited is for 1 thing only, getting me, my girl and my gear 1000+ miles in comfort while still being on 2 wheels. If I want too, I can still even do that at over 100+ miles per hour. This is NOT a performance motorcycle, was never meant to be. Your conversation here is like someone on a Cadillac website scratching their heads at the their 1/4 mile numbers, and dumping tons of cash in their car trying to keep up with stock Corvettes. No logic at all. No one goes out to buy or build a performance mini van. Its more of a special use vehicle. Mine is a comfy, cushy cruiser with kick ass tunes, it knows how to get me where Im going, gets 42 MPG, keeps the lady happy and we even stay comfortable in rain, snow and cold. Its fantastic at a lot of things but if your looking for power to weight ratios that are great, you will be on a Suzuki. I love my 109 for getting out of my system what you guys are retro-ejaculating on this forum.
Love you guys anyway because in the end, Im a motorcycle enthusiast, not a die hard to any brand.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2015, 09:53:58 PM »

Geez, you guys are funny. Your crunching numbers and talking "performance" while talking about a Harley Davidson? Limited? What?

I just bought a 2015 Peace Officer Limited, I have always been a Harley hater. The years of sticking to a naturally aspirated, air cooled engine? That to me has always been for lawn mowers. I have owned, Honda, Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki and now a Harley. I didn't buy it for performance. I still have my 2006 Suzuki M109R that will eat Harleys all day long, bone stock it cant be touched by any of the guys I short ride with. If I want performance or want to ride sport and short, that's what I will take.

My Limited is for 1 thing only, getting me, my girl and my gear 1000+ miles in comfort while still being on 2 wheels. If I want too, I can still even do that at over 100+ miles per hour. This is NOT a performance motorcycle, was never meant to be. Your conversation here is like someone on a Cadillac website scratching their heads at the their 1/4 mile numbers, and dumping tons of cash in their car trying to keep up with stock Corvettes. No logic at all. No one goes out to buy or build a performance mini van. Its more of a special use vehicle. Mine is a comfy, cushy cruiser with kick ass tunes, it knows how to get me where Im going, gets 42 MPG, keeps the lady happy and we even stay comfortable in rain, snow and cold. Its fantastic at a lot of things but if your looking for power to weight ratios that are great, you will be on a Suzuki. I love my 109 for getting out of my system what you guys are retro-ejaculating on this forum.
Love you guys anyway because in the end, Im a motorcycle enthusiast, not a die hard to any brand.
Are you saying you do or don't care about your lawnmower's performance?  :nixweiss:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 24 queries.