Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley Boom Audio Speakers  (Read 1737 times)

Sadwings

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

Harley Boom Audio Speakers
« on: September 23, 2015, 07:00:50 PM »

So I tested out my new speakers this past weekend during my trip to Delmarva Bike week.
1) I never understood how one can listen to music going 70 mph with a half helmet, like myself.  I rode a Deuce for 10 years, before I upgraded to my CVO Road King and never listen to music while riding.

2) I played all sorts of music, country, Metal, Rock, New Wave, Top 40, Metal, and some more Metal...just to get a taste of what sounds better through the speakers...well, none of it sounded great, because of the wind factor...so I tried wearing some ear plugs...hello...I'm hooked now...pretty much every song sound so much better with the plugs.

Any same experiences?

S

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust/Charcoal Slate
Re: Harley Boom Audio Speakers
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 09:03:08 PM »

I had a 2012 SESG and now I have a 2015 CVO Limited. IMO there is nothing better sounding than my molded ear plugs with my ear buds molded into them. Bose ear buds actually. The ear plugs also keep out unwanted road noise also. I use the aer plugs on long trips and the speakers for around town. Too risky wearing ear plugs in town.

I know the music can damage my ears also but I find it enjoyable anyway. Just my two cents.
Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, Power Duals, FP3 Tuner

Sadwings

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 07:08:38 AM »

Thanks for your input...I'm also a Bose fan, so I'll have to look into the molded ear buds.

S

SteveVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 11:02:49 AM »

I picked up my 2015 SG yesterday.  Was going through everything with the dealer so never really cranked up the volume. rode it home (75+ miles) and started to set it up to my liking.  Then I noticed (kind of obvious) the right saddle bag speaker was popping and breaking up badly.  Took it to the local stealer so they could verify and order a new one.  Less than 125 miles and already a blown speaker  :( I hope this doesn't become a trend.
Nothing exceeds like excess!!

hdguy1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon Dust/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 12:08:31 PM »

I picked up my 2015 SG yesterday.  Was going through everything with the dealer so never really cranked up the volume. rode it home (75+ miles) and started to set it up to my liking.  Then I noticed (kind of obvious) the right saddle bag speaker was popping and breaking up badly.  Took it to the local stealer so they could verify and order a new one.  Less than 125 miles and already a blown speaker  :( I hope this doesn't become a trend.

That's terrible. Hope you get it fixed quickly.
Vance & Hines Monster Ovals, Power Duals, FP3 Tuner

Sadwings

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 10:53:59 AM »

I had a 2012 SESG and now I have a 2015 CVO Limited. IMO there is nothing better sounding than my molded ear plugs with my ear buds molded into them. Bose ear buds actually. The ear plugs also keep out unwanted road noise also. I use the aer plugs on long trips and the speakers for around town. Too risky wearing ear plugs in town.

I know the music can damage my ears also but I find it enjoyable anyway. Just my two cents.

Morning, just wondering...are you referring to the Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling ear buds?

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.