Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Paul Yaffe Monkey Bars / Cables  (Read 8242 times)

cvosglide

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

Re: Paul Yaffe Monkey Bars / Cables
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 01:28:21 PM »

One more

Enigmatic

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 02:30:12 PM »

So are you guys saying no need to get new brake and clutch lines. But need to extend wiring? Or no need for either with 10" bars?

cvosglide

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 07:46:04 PM »

the only thing I had to by was extened wiring.

2whls4ever

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 02:41:01 PM »

There are three things to think about. You have the wiring (turn signals / lighting / horn / radio controls / start / stop). The fly by wire throttle (6 additional wires-seperate from the other wiring) and the cables (clutch and Ft. brake).

I went with a 10 rise bar and could stay with the stock wires and cables (almost). For some reason, I could not get enough extra slack for the loom going up the LH bar. I had bought an extension kit just in case, so I ended up using it for that side only. I played around with re routing the loom inside the faring but couldn't find the needed extra length? The Ft. brake cable was tight too, but some creative re routing along the frame backbone found me a couple inches more length.

This was on a 2012 CVO Streetglide. If I had gone to a 12inch rise, I would have needed the extensions all around for sure. I routed all my wires internally like stock (the cables are still external). Make sure the guys saying you don't need extensions for the 12 inchers aren't just running the wires externally.

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 01:14:21 PM »

There are three things to think about. You have the wiring (turn signals / lighting / horn / radio controls / start / stop). The fly by wire throttle (6 additional wires-seperate from the other wiring) and the cables (clutch and Ft. brake).

I went with a 10 rise bar and could stay with the stock wires and cables (almost). For some reason, I could not get enough extra slack for the loom going up the LH bar. I had bought an extension kit just in case, so I ended up using it for that side only. I played around with re routing the loom inside the faring but couldn't find the needed extra length? The Ft. brake cable was tight too, but some creative re routing along the frame backbone found me a couple inches more length.

This was on a 2012 CVO Streetglide. If I had gone to a 12inch rise, I would have needed the extensions all around for sure. I routed all my wires internally like stock (the cables are still external). Make sure the guys saying you don't need extensions for the 12 inchers aren't just running the wires externally.

Same here on my 2010.  I installed the 10" Yaffe MBB and bought the 8 in NAMZ extensions but only used the LH side.  Didn't extend the TBW, RH wires, clutch nor brake lines.
Ride Safe,
JustDennis
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.