Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 2015 CVO Street Glide--Stereo/Amp  (Read 16320 times)

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
Re: 2015 CVO Street Glide--Stereo/Amp
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 08:40:47 PM »

What does it sound like if you don't do this?  I thought someone else on this thread said the AVC was causing their speakers to cut out.

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2007 Suzuki M109R Limited, still in the stable
    • CVO3: 2013 Road King CVO Crushed Sapphire - Traded
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 08:48:21 PM »

I tried turning the AVC off then back on, I didn't help mine.  I even tried with it simply off.  Nothing changed mine from cutting in and out.

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

Harleywild1hog

• My new ride
    • CA

• CVO1: CVO 2014 Limited
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 12:29:44 PM »

I had mine installed on 2/21/15 on my limited. I have had it back to the dealer three times for the some problems cutting out sometimes. Also with mine if I turn off the AVC and back on the sound get much louder and is much clearer. I called Harley customer service on 3/2/15 and talked to Heath and he said they know of the AVC problem but not the cutting out problem. He put me on hold and talked to Boom stage II tech and said that the problem for cutting may be GPS is coming on. He had me check and see if there was any open directions on GPS everything was close. Then he said to have the dealer call tech support and they will walk him through and re flash the radio again. I have an app. on 3/5/15 to get it done first thing. Tech support said they are working on the AVC with Harmon Kardon how makes the radio for Harley. Harleywild1hog  : :( :(

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 12:58:26 PM »

Very interesting.   Please keep us advised on how it turns out.   My bike has been at the dealer since last Wednesday, but they told me it would be looked at until this week.   That said, the service manager did call me on Friday to ask if it was just the front speakers that cut out.  I've noticed both doing it, as well as a sort of clicking or distortion at higher volumes (mostly when riding).   I hope they either fix mine or take it out for a refund.   I'm so annoyed I'd happily eat my installation charge if that was the only solution.   Not ideal, but better than being stuck with an upgrade that isn't as good as what I had.

Harleywild1hog

• My new ride
    • CA

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 01:38:44 PM »

Dgreen I am with you 100 percent I already t6old my dealer if they can't get it right soon they can rip it out. I would like it to be done by 3/24/15 I am going to ride top Arizona bike week. Its like 1600 round trip ride. My CVO only has 1650 miles on it. :P

phantomxrt

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Streetglide (Hard Candy Mercury)
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 06:54:53 PM »

Mine cuts out too (2015 CVO Streetglide). I've only noticed it whilst riding with my MEDIA (iPod) playing. When it does it, I skip to the next song and it comes on again.
I thought I was the only one! For the record, my AVC is always off.

Thanks for the feedback. Let's hope there is a fix one day.

KY-SESG

• Junior CVO Member
    • KY

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Sold
    • CVO3: 1997 FLSTS Sold; 1991 Sportster Sold
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 09:20:24 PM »

Mine cuts out too (2015 CVO Streetglide). I've only noticed it whilst riding with my MEDIA (iPod) playing. When it does it, I skip to the next song and it comes on again.
I thought I was the only one! For the record, my AVC is always off.

Thanks for the feedback. Let's hope there is a fix one day.
+1 on the iPhone cut out.  >:(
Fullsac DX headers, Fullsac 2" cores w/ screens, TTS Master Tune, 117ci kit, 58mm TB, 259E Cams, high capacity oil pan, Topline Hylift Johnson b2313se lifters, Saddlemen Dominator solo seat, Yaffe 10" Monkeybars, Yaffe Stealth III plate mount, 10" FreedomShield, lower fairing Boom II speakers, Focal 570 bag speakers...

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 09:23:04 PM »

You guys who are also experiencing the cutouts......What kinds of music are you listening to when it happens?  Is there heavy bass, intense highs, etc?  I'm trying to see if there something specific that is causing the issue.

How do your radios sound when you are riding?

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 09:32:42 PM »

You guys who are also experiencing the cutouts......What kinds of music are you listening to when it happens?  Is there heavy bass, intense highs, etc?  I'm trying to see if there something specific that is causing the issue.

How do your radios sound when you are riding?

When I rode it the one time, I listened to contemporary jazz, easy listening, and pop. I used my iPhone, FM stereo and sirius.  It cut out on all of it while riding doing around 50 mph at 75-80% stereo volume.  I'll get to ride this weekend.  It's supposed to be in the 60's this weekend.

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

Rkw

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 09:40:34 PM »

My original post that started this conversation was a result of one of the amps suddenly shutting off as if I blew something; however, it would recover in less than 10 seconds. Since I listen to my music using an IPOD Nano, it happens rarely, and maybe certain songs (as we hit the road with weather changes) which I will monitor going forward.

As someone already stated, in my case, I think it's the result of clipping.

As to AVC, if you have entered a route into GPS and you haven't turned off prompts, your music will "die"----my situation of "blowing an amp" in my opinion is due to max volume using radio and a few songs on my IPOD causing it---clipping.

dgreen1069

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2015, 10:34:24 PM »

I will have my bike back to the dealer by the end of the week.  As mentioned, dgreen and I have discussed this at length.  You would think that some of the bikes it was originally installed on (CVOSG) wouldn't have the same issue.  Almost makes me want to give up. Hopefully, Harley comes out with an update to cure the problem...  :confused5:

Did you ever get back to the dealer?  If so, what's the status of your bike?

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 09:42:27 AM »

Did you ever get back to the dealer?  If so, what's the status of your bike?

I rode it all day yesterday.  It cut in and out and also clipped for the 5 hours I was off and on the bike.  I took it to the dealer at the end of my ride.  I had the service manager ride it.  I took my phone to the waiting room and told the him to let me know when he would ride it so I can hook up my iPhone to it.  He rode it without my phone.

I met him outside when he came back.  He said yes, he experienced it, but adjusted my bass, treble and the avc. He said with his adjustments, it didn't do it "as often".  Really dude???  I quickly told him that those are the same settings I used with my Boom 1, so if I have to turn down everything to get it to "not do it as often", to take the system out and refund my money, period!  He's going to call Tech on Monday.  I told him he can make all the calls he wants, there seems to be no fix and to take the Boom II out.  I didn't leave my bike because it's in the 60's this coming week.  They will pick it up on the 17th when I leave town again for the week.

He's said he's going to follow procedure by calling first.  He said we need to "build my case" to get a refund.  I told him I'll "build my case" on the news if necessary...  They know they have 2 options: by the end of the week of the 17th I will either have it completely operable as advertised, or my Boom 1 will be back in my bike with my money refunded when I come to pick it up. So it's the same crap everyone else is still going through.  The service manager is going to call me next week after he talks to MoCo tech. 

I did trace the lines.  They did not drill a second hole in the pod. They threaded the additional line in the same hole, then re-pined it.  I do think they made the original hole slightly bigger, but it looks good enough that I can't really tell.  That's the only good part about this...

Harleywild1hog

• My new ride
    • CA

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2015, 12:07:37 PM »

Just wanted to let you know I took my bike in for the cutting out problem on 3/5/15. Talked to the Harley tech support on 3/4/15 and he said to have the tech call support before he starts working on stage II cutting out problem. I was at the dealer waiting and the tech did call and they walked him through reflashing it again. This time it reset everything. Had to reprogram and reset back ground on display. Tech took a 10 mile ride and said it was not cutting out. Before I posted this I put 100 miles on it and no cutting out at all. The sound is very clear on freeway. The only thing is the AVC still does not work and have to turn it off then on again. Called Harley talked to Heath again and he told me they are working on that problem with Harmon Kermon who makes the radio for them. I listen to satellite radio about 98 percent of the time. I would like to stronger antenna for it. I am happy at this time with it. I will kept you posted. Haleywild1hog  :orange: :orange: :orange

Rkw

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 06:57:27 PM »

Took my '15 CVO SG for a ride today playing tunes from my IPOD Nano with the following settings: Full volume and +4 Speed Volume, Treble and Bass 2 "notches" from max, clipping occurred with these songs Eric Clapton Layla Unplugged and Frank Sinatra Summerwind.

Everything returned to normal after a few seconds. The rest of the ride with Seger, Van Halen, and AC/DC etc---no clipping.

MiCrow

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AR

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 12:03:26 AM »

What does AVC stand for? I have a U0186 Rear Amplfier not connected trouble code, so I guess I will take it to the shop. No rear speakers and no fade adjustment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 24 queries.