Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: My FLHXSE2 Problems  (Read 22467 times)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Re: My FLHXSE2 Problems
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2015, 07:01:07 PM »

For now anyway..... :nixweiss:

Did 900 KM on the weekend and the oil gauge was dancing like crazy. They replaced the oil pressure switch and said it was bad....not....still doing it. Funny thing is it does it while riding for over an hour straight doing about 120 KM.

Well my scoot has been at the dealer now for 6 weeks. I guess the dancing oil gauge was a bigger problem. Anywho this has caused other damage. I will post what was done once I get the invoice.

Thought this was a good thread to bring back up again for my 3000 post. ;)

harleybar7

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2015, 11:50:10 AM »

Have had a few issues with my SE2 also but love it. I think I have them all handled. (Maybe not the amp.) Just wanted to chime in, familiar situation. Oil pressure sending unit oil leak was replaced under warranty. BUT. still had to take it out and re seal myself 6 months later because apparently that and other dealer work I had re do myself were beyond there capabilities. So short version, keep an eye on it.
If Ailiens are looking for intelligent life, why are you scared?

mrambo4

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2015 CVO Street Glide. 2014 CVO Soft tail
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2015, 11:31:35 PM »

Mano I think I might have turned that bike in as a lemon and got a different bike.   I hope I never have the troubles you have been thru, I'm not that forgiving or patient  :2vrolijk_21:

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2015, 04:48:32 PM »

Mano I think I might have turned that bike in as a lemon and got a different bike.   I hope I never have the troubles you have been thru, I'm not that forgiving or patient  :2vrolijk_21:

Yes I do think in some ways I did get a lemon. The bike was built on a Monday. As for getting another one......ish....not up here. CVO SG's are sold before they leave the U.S. My scoot is still at the dealer. Thank you lord for the warranty otherwise I would not have been patient.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2015, 05:00:53 PM »

Well I got my scoot back last week and I have already broke in the motor by putting on 800 KM.

I had 96 000 KM or 60 000 Miles. The motor and tranny were totally rebuilt under warranty. Some other work was also done and got new tires too. She is ready to go. I can feel and hear the difference.

I can finally say that with all the problems I had it has paid off with this work that was done. The dealership was great and took care of me. So cant wait to get out there and start putting on the clicks again. Maybe I will get a second motor and tranny under warranty. ;D

Going to Key West and Sturgis this year. I should be good for about 35 000 KM for this year. :bananarock:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2015, 05:59:52 PM »

Well I got my scoot back last week and I have already broke in the motor by putting on 800 KM.

I had 96 000 KM or 60 000 Miles. The motor and tranny were totally rebuilt under warranty. Some other work was also done and got new tires too. She is ready to go. I can feel and hear the difference.

I can finally say that with all the problems I had it has paid off with this work that was done. The dealership was great and took care of me. So cant wait to get out there and start putting on the clicks again. Maybe I will get a second motor and tranny under warranty. ;D

Going to Key West and Sturgis this year. I should be good for about 35 000 KM for this year. :bananarock:

Glad to hear. We went to Key West on a rented Limited Low in Feb. Bucket list thing. Not much to see just ocean on both sides and one main artery to ride on. Slow moving averaged probably 40 mph for 4 hours lol. But we were happy to do it and see it.

Wish we could have spent more time in Key West. Only had an evening there and it rained the entire ride back to the mainland from about 11am to 4pm. Oh well, we made the best of it! Safe travels!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2015, 05:44:48 PM »

Awesome ride. Did it in 2012. Doing it again and hitting other key destinations. For us Canadians making it down to Key West is a big thing. :bananarock:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2015, 05:59:48 PM »

Awesome ride. Did it in 2012. Doing it again and hitting other key destinations. For us Canadians making it down to Key West is a big thing. :bananarock:

It was alright glad I did it but moving along to much better rides.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2015, 02:47:34 PM »

Wishing you many more trouble free miles!

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2015, 04:40:05 PM »

Wishing you many more trouble free miles!

Yup....hoping to get another motor before the warranty expires. ;D

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »

Yup....hoping to get another motor before the warranty expires. ;D

Well I was joking when I said this,  ;)

So my bike was towed into the dealer on June 24,2017. Almost 2 years after I posted this at 144 000 KM it happened.

In short the lifter went while I was on the highway. By the time I pulled off the motor ran on one cylinder. when I was safely off the highway it just died and did not start again. Metal has gone thru the motor and contaminated/damaged it internally.

Went back and forth with the dealer and ESP. They did not want to cover the motor because they said I had exceeded the limit on the warranty. I said what limit and to be clear I would have never even been close to any limit if It was not for cheap parts or poor design. They conceded and a new 110 CI motor is being installed under ESP. Chitty part is that the motor still has not been delivered from Milwaukee and I must wait another 3 more weeks.

Since I last wrote this I am on head unit #7, another compensator was replaced, front bearings and fork seals and the clutch master cylinder.

The warranty expires in December. ;D

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2017, 05:31:09 PM »

well, you're obviously way above the mileage limit to renew your warranty.  are you going to be looking at a new 2018?  i'm pretty sure I would be.   :2vrolijk_21:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2017, 06:29:15 PM »

well, you're obviously way above the mileage limit to renew your warranty.  are you going to be looking at a new 2018?  i'm pretty sure I would be.   :2vrolijk_21:

After that much failure, that much disservice and that much equivocation about whether or not there might even be service I'd definitely be looking for another bike when the service agreement expired.  It just wouldn't be another Harley.

fos41

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2017, 10:50:45 AM »

Wow, am speechless after reading this post.

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2017, 10:57:31 AM »

Mano,

Your bike was born under a bad sign!
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 24 queries.