Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question on new heated seat on CVO 2010 Ultra  (Read 2200 times)

wildey

Question on new heated seat on CVO 2010 Ultra
« on: April 24, 2010, 07:21:06 PM »

I noticed at the dealer today that the 2010 CVO Ultra Classic has a new style heated seat. It felt very comfortable and I wanted to find out the part number so I could order one from Zanotti's as it will save me some money.

But, the dealer could not find the part number to this seat as they didn't have any of the catalogs which show this heated seat only the other sunray heated seats.

So could anyone tell me what the part number is please?

Thank you

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Question on new heated seat on CVO 2010 Ultra
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 07:38:14 PM »

I noticed at the dealer today that the 2010 CVO Ultra Classic has a new style heated seat. It felt very comfortable and I wanted to find out the part number so I could order one from Zanotti's as it will save me some money.

But, the dealer could not find the part number to this seat as they didn't have any of the catalogs which show this heated seat only the other sunray heated seats.

So could anyone tell me what the part number is please?

Thank you

I'll have to leave it to one of the guys who has the CVO parts book to answer your question, but I have a question for you.  Don't you find it a little strange that a dealer doesn't have the special parts supplement for the CVO?  How is he supposed to order parts if someone with a 2010 CVO Ultra walks in and needs to buy a part, or if he needs to order one for warranty?  Try another dealer, because they can definitely get the part number for you if they want to.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

wildey

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 08:06:49 PM »

I'll have to leave it to one of the guys who has the CVO parts book to answer your question, but I have a question for you.  Don't you find it a little strange that a dealer doesn't have the special parts supplement for the CVO?  How is he supposed to order parts if someone with a 2010 CVO Ultra walks in and needs to buy a part, or if he needs to order one for warranty?  Try another dealer, because they can definitely get the part number for you if they want to.

Jerry

Well I live up in Traverse City Mi and if you knew our dealer who also sells lawn mowers, snowmobiles, etc you would understand LOL  They are horrible and they told me they would have to call HD to get the number cause they don't even have the 2010 SE Catalog for parts.   I can't even find it online either and I have searched everything!!

The only thing I can find is that its the Heated Hammock seat but no where can I find one that is heated either on HD's site under 2010 CVO for seats or anyplace else.

That is why im asking here. You guys got them so I was hoping to get it from you

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 09:47:56 PM »

52344-10   

wildey

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:31:28 AM »

52344-10   

Thank you very much :-)

cdestuck

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 08:34:46 PM »

Do yourself a great big favor and save about 500 bucks. Talk to the guys at Mean City Cycle and have them put the heat in your seat. If I'm correct HD heated seat is about 800 bucks.

wildey

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 09:03:30 PM »

Do yourself a great big favor and save about 500 bucks. Talk to the guys at Mean City Cycle and have them put the heat in your seat. If I'm correct HD heated seat is about 800 bucks.

Well I have thought about that, but this is my thoughts.  I have the 105th Anniversary Edition Dura Cell copper top Ultra LOL.  Since it has a two tone seat I really don't want to mess with it as it would not be a stock seat for that bike anymore.  Also its not just the heat I want, my stock seat kills my butt, I have tried Corbin which was awesome on my 06 Ultra but when they changed to the 6 gallon tank in 08 the corbin is no longer comfortable as they had to make some changes which for me were no good.

I tried Mustang, had to return it, Then I had a Russell made for me. Now I was too high and unless I was going to wear 3 inch heels I just couldn't push my bike back while sitting on the seat on a grade.

So im looking for comfort first and heat is a plus but more for the wife up here in Northern Mich.  But I don't want anyone touching my stock seat, there is also the what if thing too in that since I have such a hard time with seats what if meancitys doesn't work for me? now im really messed up.

So I sat on this seat at the dealer and it felt really good, if I get it from Chicago HD its $639 plus tax and shipping.  Most others like Zannotis wants $750 and other dealers want $799 plus tax and shipping where applicable

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 09:14:23 PM »

should be no TAX and maybe free shipping,  You can try LSHD1.com  , normally orders over $500 are free and NO TAX
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.