Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 2015 CVO Passenger Foot Boards  (Read 15798 times)

DOWNTOWN DON

• Full CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: 2012 flhxse3 Black diamond, Dark slate. (WRECKED)
    • CVO2: 2015 flhxse4 Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames.
Re: 2015 CVO Passenger Foot Boards
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2014, 06:11:15 PM »

For anyone that was wondering, the inserts WILL NOT fit in the swept wing pans. Just found out the hard way. Now to order the cvo ultra pans.
CVO1:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2" power cores & tts mastertune, mustang super solo vintage/13" rear pillion, 7" lrs ultra elite dark tint windshield, truk lite ph7 headlight & custom dynamics signals,  color matched king tour pak.
CVO2:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2 1/4" power cores, screens, & tts mastertune, 7" lrs ultra elite/dark tint/screemin eagle scripture, fairing vents, fork baffle, matching pass boards & backrest, and a LOT more to come.

Thx and come again: "DOWNTOWN DON"

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2014, 12:39:54 AM »

Was going to put my floorboards on tonight and there was no hardware to mount the boards to the mounts.  Appears to be missing some long pins and a spring/ball piece to hold them when they are up.  Anybody have a part number for those pieces?

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2014, 07:33:33 AM »

Appears to be missing some long pins and a spring/ball piece to hold them when they are up.  Anybody have a part number for those pieces?

you are correct that not all the needed parts come with the boards.  The spring is 51501-07 and the ball is 8861.  The long pin that you refer to comes with the brackets that you also need to purchase.  That part is 53070-00A.  There might be other options for that bracket.  Good luck.

Ted

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2014, 08:42:28 PM »

I bought 53070-00A and they did not come with the pins.  The 2015 catalog says it reuses stock hardware but kutterharleyonline.com says it comes with the pins.  I guess I have to call my dealer Monday.

Bloomer

• May The Four Winds Blow You Safely Home
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2014, 08:51:18 PM »

The adjustable mount kit ilike on CVO Limited model.  Part number 50768-07a costing  $379.95 + tax = $402.74. With inserts and footboards final cost $705.83
These part numbers is exactly what you need.  Come with everything to mount
2015 CVO Street Glide

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 08:01:53 PM »

I bought the standard non adjustable mounts 53070-00A and they did not come with the pins either, even thought they are shown in the picture on the web page

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/passenger-footboard-brackets

also the spring & ball did not work at all, the pocket that the spring sits in is way too deep and the ball didn't even contact the detents on the board WTF
had to make some 1/4 in spacers to put under the springs to bring the balls in contact and now they work, wondering if there is a new longer spring for this mount, didn't care to waste more time to find out just went for the "Get'er Done" mentality

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Engineer34

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 SESG
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 08:10:54 PM »

Same thing happened to me. They gave you the wrong springs. I went back to the dealer and exchanged them for the longer ones. They worked perfectly. Also the pins have to be ordered separately, they do not come with the brackets.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2014, 10:43:49 PM »

Same thing happened to me. They gave you the wrong springs. I went back to the dealer and exchanged them for the longer ones. They worked perfectly. Also the pins have to be ordered separately, they do not come with the brackets.

I'll get the right springs next time I'm there, not going to make a special trip just to get them, if they just put all the hardware with the damn brackets people wouldn't have these issues.....what are we talking 4-5 fricken dollars worth of hardware on $500 boards WTF  >:(
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2014, 09:34:53 AM »

Glad I bought mine assembled lol  8)

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

plustiano

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE Ultra Violet Blue/Lava Orange
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2015, 11:27:53 AM »

Bump! This helped me alot. hope it helps someone else  :drink:

plustiano

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE Ultra Violet Blue/Lava Orange
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2015, 11:36:54 AM »

Well it looks like they dont make it anymore :nixweiss: not showing on the site wtf!

FOUND IT AT KUTTER H-D!!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:32:04 PM by plustiano »

MDbill

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2015, 07:41:01 AM »

For the guys that added passenger floorboards, did you have any issues with the insert sitting it the pan. I installed my last night, and the insert don't seem to be very secure in the pan. it looks like the only thing holding them in place is the little piece of rubber that goes around the pins. am I missing something?

lrubio

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal / Phantom Flames
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2015, 10:06:43 PM »

For the guys that added passenger floorboards, did you have any issues with the insert sitting it the pan. I installed my last night, and the insert don't seem to be very secure in the pan. it looks like the only thing holding them in place is the little piece of rubber that goes around the pins. am I missing something?
My install was similar to the others listed in this string. I used the chrome mounts from my Road King that I kept before trading it in. Aside from the pans and inserts, I had to buy all the other assembly parts a La Carte. I bought standard touring model pins, springs and bearings, they worked perfectly. As for the inserts staying in place, I used a soapy water solution as a lube to press them in place and haven't had any issues.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2015, 04:05:01 PM »

I bought the standard non adjustable mounts 53070-00A and they did not come with the pins either, even thought they are shown in the picture on the web page

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/passenger-footboard-brackets

also the spring & ball did not work at all, the pocket that the spring sits in is way too deep and the ball didn't even contact the detents on the board WTF
had to make some 1/4 in spacers to put under the springs to bring the balls in contact and now they work, wondering if there is a new longer spring for this mount, didn't care to waste more time to find out just went for the "Get'er Done" mentality

In the same boat, anyone know what the longer spring part number is? I checked the microfiche on a 2015 CVO Road Glide and its calling for part number 51507-07, which is the spring I have it doesn't work. That said, I didn't buy the adjustable mounts which are standard on a CVO RG.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2015, 05:03:17 PM »

I just walked out of HD. If you buy the standard mounts for passenger floorboards you will need to use spring part # 33085-74 not 51507-07.  The adjustable mounts like the one found on the 2015 CVO RG or Ultra use the smaller spring part #51507-07. FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 24 queries.