Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 2015 Silver CVO Street Glide sold out from under me.....  (Read 9565 times)

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
Re: 2015 Silver CVO Street Glide sold out from under me.....
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 05:31:34 PM »

That stinks and no doubt a lesson learned. I left the first deposit on a Silver at a local dealer on 8/29/14. The deal didn't work out as they were asking to much over msrp for me. Sold my 11 CVO SG a week after and raced to another dealer and had the first deposit on a msrp Silver they had coming in, unfortunately it wont be until next year sometime, all good. Yes, they are hot and selling. Hopefully you'll find luck at another dealer who has a Silver not spoken for. Start making inquires right away, leave the deposit, hold onto the receipt and wait for the call.  8)

Good luck on your hunt.

jamnflhxse2

• 1K CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Arrived 12-19-14
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »

I guess neither one of you guys has ever worked in retail and had to deal with looky-lou's or plain old BS artists.  Plenty of people walk into dealerships, be they motorcycle, car, truck, RV, or whatever, and after wasting the peoples time walk out the door with the infamous "Hold it for me and I'll be back tomorrow to talk about a deal".  If every dealership took those comments literally, without a cash deposit in hand, there would be a lot of extra inventory sitting around.  While it would be nice if we could just use hand shakes and our word was our bond, that's not the way the modern world works.  If you see a bike, car, or whatever that you know is in limited supply and you want it, take the time to sit down and have a buyers order completed and settle on a price.  Once the order is completed and signed by the buyer and the dealership, you have some rights.  Without such a thing, you have no rights and they have every right to sell it to the next guy who walks in and is willing to make the deal today.

Jerry
No Jerry I never had to work in retail. I think you missed the point he wasn't a "off the street customer" I believe he was a regular customer to this dealership, if I'm wrong I stand corrected. I have a '15 Hard candy SG arriving in the next week or two, when I made the deal, it was made with a hand shake! This is the dealer I've done my business with for years. Would he do this for a non regular customer? Definitely not. If you're planning to buy from a dealership that you're not a regular at, I would definitely put down a deposit and sign a contract, protects both parties! Just my two cents.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 11:57:38 PM »

I'm of the "money talks" line of thought. The 'regular customer' angle is not valid if you carry it to its logical conclusion .
If your dealer honors it and you buy, well that's perfect. I hope everyone's deals always work that way. But what is the actual cash value of the handshake? Was a deposit obligation even discussed?
Let's say that for some external reason (illness, divorce,arrest, etc) you had to renege on the purchase...
Would you honestly go there and write the dealer a check?
The guy who gave them money would lose his.
You can't really think the dealer would consider these equal(?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

rsike

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 04:50:19 AM »

I've bought 3 bikes from my dealer and would not expect them to hold a bike without a deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JPSTREETGLIDE

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 08:13:48 AM »

I've bought 3 bikes from my dealer and would not expect them to hold a bike without a deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have bought several bikes also and it is just a given fact to leave a depsosit.  My dealer asks for it and I give it right there on the spot.

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2014, 09:45:38 AM »

Im working on one now....I have the debit card ready.  My issue really was the fact that I've bought from this place before....all of my service work is done there.  I actually made the ductwork for their dyno and only charged them the cost of the metal and delivered it for free.  I thought it was worth something....but I should know that money always rules!  It was less then 12 hours....which they were only open 3 hours before it was sold.  These things are hot right now.

I agree - that is worth something. Obviously they know you and should have been a bit more upfront about what you had to do to hold the bike. They may have figured you'd buy even if you had to wait for another so went ahead and made the sale. I know what I would have told them if this happened to me...

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2014, 12:40:43 PM »

Shame this happened to you buddy ,that's pretty chitty of  them,
However as they say "There's no friends in business" ......money talks!
Ride free brothers!

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2014, 03:55:40 PM »

They called this morning saying that someone backed out of another silver one and they asked for a deposit.  I gave them $1000 over the phone.....only to get a call saying it was a limited, not a street glide!  Now I'm waiting for the $1K to go back in my account.... The search continues

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2014, 04:01:55 PM »

They called this morning saying that someone backed out of another silver one and they asked for a deposit.  I gave them $1000 over the phone.....only to get a call saying it was a limited, not a street glide!  Now I'm waiting for the $1K to go back in my account.... The search continues

Go to my post WHERE ARE THE 2015 CVO's AND WHAT DO THEY COST? and see if one of the members here has seen one in their dealership travels.

Good Hunting.

Jerry

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »

Shame this happened to you buddy ,that's pretty chitty of  them,
However as they say "There's no friends in business" ......money talks!

X2.

Not only money talks but you snooze you lose.

Not only is there no friends in business but when it comes to CVO's they are like hot cakes. They know they will sell it.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 11:49:48 PM »

I agree with those that say "only a deposit would hold the bike". If I were a dealer, I would not hold anything that didn't have some $$ down,, lots of tire kickers and most dealers would agree, once a customer leaves without buying,, they won't see him again,,,  so next time whip out the old American Express card and leave a deposit,, you can always get that back if you decide not to buy,,,     stuart
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:37:54 AM by cvostu »

Lone Rider

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Softail Deluxe 2014
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2014, 02:01:17 AM »

If you had no cash a deposit with a credit card is just as good.  I would have left the deposit before I left than there would be no disputing that you wanted it.

^^^ THIS ^^^

When I saw a CVO Deluxe going for a song I whacked a $500 deposit on it straight away.….and I was 2,000 kms away doing it by phone!!! 

They were a reputable motorcycle dealership and I had piece of mind I wasn't going to lose it.

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 02:09:42 AM »

No Jerry I never had to work in retail. I think you missed the point he wasn't a "off the street customer" I believe he was a regular customer to this dealership, if I'm wrong I stand corrected. I have a '15 Hard candy SG arriving in the next week or two, when I made the deal, it was made with a hand shake! This is the dealer I've done my business with for years. Would he do this for a non regular customer? Definitely not. If you're planning to buy from a dealership that you're not a regular at, I would definitely put down a deposit and sign a contract, protects both parties! Just my two cents.

Grc is 1000 % correct in this. The bike was sold by the sister store but even if it wasn't there are probably a half dozen commissioned sales people all calling their own "regular customers" on that bike the minute it landed into stock. I can just hear it now.... "No sorry Bill, I can't let you sell this rare and limited supply bike  to YOUR "regular customer" and earn a commission to help feed your kids because I gotta "regular customer" who says he's coming back tomorrow to buy it.... No he did not leave me a deposit... Yes when he left here he promised he'd "be back" and I told him to ask for me, old Mr. Blue... I'd be the one sitting in my office holding my breath!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2014, 03:03:04 AM »

Grc is 1000 % correct in this. The bike was sold by the sister store but even if it wasn't there are probably a half dozen commissioned sales people all calling their own "regular customers" on that bike the minute it landed into stock. I can just hear it now.... "No sorry Bill, I can't let you sell this rare and limited supply bike  to YOUR "regular customer" and earn a commission to help feed your kids because I gotta "regular customer" who says he's coming back tomorrow to buy it.... No he did not leave me a deposit... Yes when he left here he promised he'd "be back" and I told him to ask for me, old Mr. Blue... I'd be the one sitting in my office holding my breath!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That sounds like the voice of experience..
Alan

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2014, 07:34:19 AM »

Place the order for my bike. Have known and dealt with my salesman for a long time as he also worked a  different store I shopped at. He knows me. He knows I want the bike. He still asked for a deposit. I gave him my card right then and put a deposit on it.

It's winter in your neck of the woods. Relax a little. They'll get one for you. Next time, have the debit/credit card handy. I just hope it doesn't come with all the flaws that your BO did or we'll be reading about that too  :P
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 24 queries.