Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: No more Scorching Yellow/Starfire Black?  (Read 6496 times)

1BdBagr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: No more Scorching Yellow/Starfire Black?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 07:02:58 PM »

I rode a black one and the yellow one at the Long Beach International Motorcycle show and the yellow one really needs to be seen in person to be appreciated. I'm not really a yellow guy but the paint and quality of the one i rode was excellent. The took an extremely bright yellow and put an ice pearl on it and it still retained the brightness. Many times yellows get muddy when pearl is applied over it, not this one!! The black was beautiful too, just a bit subtle. I'd own a yellow one for sure, but my fav is the hard candy mercury silver. I also got to ride a SE Road Glide Ultra for THREE HOURS! It was awesome. The piece de resistance was riding the LiveWire (pun intended)....it was awesome.
Tim
someday i'll have a CVO...

ultrafan

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 07:12:15 PM »

I heard the same today from dealer he said not a problem with the paint on them ,but they can't produce a constant match for replacement parts on the yellow.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 04:11:57 AM »

?.. Can't see that somehow, they've already made shed loads in yellow and are now out for distribution so a bit late to say they can't match colours! The ones I've seen match perfectly.

God help you then if you need a replacement fender/ fairing!.  :P

Ride free brothers!

Rkw

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 12:06:46 PM »

Good news if true. Now I won't see as many on the road. Originally I leaned towards the Hard Candy and Black w/Goldust but in person the Yellow w/Black is the best color scheme with just enough black (like the engine) to offset the yellow.

A typical biker w/stereotypical look is not going to ride yellow and have his bike club buddies laugh at him.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 24 queries.