Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Ride report  (Read 1486 times)

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

First Ride report
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:17:36 PM »

Rode to Dealer today, 200 miles round trip.  They took care of my fairing fitment problem so now just to wait for the new fenders.  Bike is great although I'm not too impressed with the quality of the stereo.  It responds way too slow.  Factory seat was actually pretty comfortable but will probably use the Mustang for longer trips.  Cannot believe the difference in power from my 96 with cams.  Plenty of power.  Need to wake it up with some louder pipes though, although they don't sound too bad. Can't wait to get out again but don't think there will be too many opportunities the rest of this year.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
Re: First Ride report
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 12:53:36 PM »

I'm not too impressed with the quality of the stereo.  It responds way too slow. /quote]

Can you explain further? Changing stations, commands?  How does it sound?

Erich

Firehouse

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

Re: First Ride report
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 02:25:16 PM »

Sounds great although it was hard to hear at highway speeds without turning it up almost all the way because I was wearing a full faced helmet.

As far as responsiveness of the stereo and GPS, it just seemed like everything you did to navigate through the menus or whatever took a second or two like it was too much to process.  Sometimes the song name was not correct for the one that was playing like it advanced to the next song but didn't update the screen.  I just think they could put more processing power in the radio to make it work better.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 24 queries.