Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLHTCUSE3 Cooling  (Read 2136 times)

PanamaTex

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
    • Mandalay World Travel
FLHTCUSE3 Cooling
« on: January 04, 2009, 08:29:47 AM »

Hi Brothers and Sisters,

I tried to search this question but found no results. Doesn't mean it does not exist in this forum, just means I was unsuccessful in finding it. LOL

Anyway, during a phone conversation with the vendor that installed and dyno tuned my Power Commander (he was driving and could not go into detail) he mentioned something about a cooling system that HD installs on the FLHTCUSE3 but does not activate, or something like that. Does anyone have any information on this and if so, what is it and how does one turn the thing on? I definitely need that here in Panama because in traffic, the bike gets hot and shuts down frequently at traffic lights and jams, which are normal almost everyday here.

Thanks,
Tex
Director
República de Panamá Chapter H.O.G.
www.PanamaHOG.org
www.MandalayWorldTravels.com

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: FLHTCUSE3 Cooling
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 08:40:11 AM »

Use "rear cylinder shut down" as the search term. Note: You should try these kind of searches from the main page (HOME), not from a specific forum.

You can turn the "rear cylinder shutoff" on or off yourself on the 09's.  Just look in your manual it tells you how to do it.

PanamaTex

• Mandalay World Travel
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 08:43:23 AM »

Thanks ICE, I do use the rear cylinder shut down every time I start, but for some reason I think this is not working properly. And, in the manual, it says that it is only operational with the original programming, which I believe is changed because of the PC installed and tune. Sorry, if I seem a bit dense on this, guess I am just used to simpler times and models from the past. LOL

Thanks,
Tex
Director
www.PanamaHOG.org

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 10:38:13 AM »

Thanks ICE, I do use the rear cylinder shut down every time I start, but for some reason I think this is not working properly. And, in the manual, it says that it is only operational with the original programming, which I believe is changed because of the PC installed and tune. Sorry, if I seem a bit dense on this, guess I am just used to simpler times and models from the past. LOL

Thanks,

The PCIII shouldn't have any affect on the EITMS feature, since the PC doesn't modify anything in the ECM programming.  Try your search using EITMS, which is the Harley acronym for Engine Idle Temperature Management System.

The rear cylinder will only shut down when the engine temperature as measured by the sensor mounted to the front head exceeds a certain level, and with the throttle totally closed, no forward motion, clutch disengaged or trans in neutral, etc.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

PanamaTex

• Mandalay World Travel
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 10:46:16 AM »

Thanks Jerry, The only thread I get with that search is this one that we are in right now. LOL

Anyway, has anyone installed one of these?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441988787&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309285535&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309285535&bmUID=1231077044581&bmLocale=en_US

If so, what were the results and were there any complications or problems with the install. In other words, do I need to by an installation book from the "FOR IDIOTS..." series to do the job? LOL
Tex
Director
www.PanamaHOG.org

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 10:52:03 AM »

Try this link to some search results:

EITMS

Jerry
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:31:44 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 10:59:08 AM »

Thanks Jerry, The only thread I get with that search is this one that we are in right now. LOL

Anyway, has anyone installed one of these?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441988787&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309285535&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309285535&bmUID=1231077044581&bmLocale=en_US

If so, what were the results and were there any complications or problems with the install. In other words, do I need to by an installation book from the "FOR IDIOTS..." series to do the job? LOL
Search found this thread...

Parade Fan (not much info in this thread)

Twin Cam Fan

and another option...

LeNale Cooling Fan w/Built in Horn fits '93- up Harley

Runs Hot in 76 degree weather reply#1

LeNale Engineering V-Twin Cooling Fan on eBay

Cooling fan

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 11:54:15 AM »

Make sure that when you "roll off" the throttle for the necessary 3-5 seconds, that your cruise light comes on and that it is the proper color. Also, once you initiate the program, it is always active until you "roll off" 3-5 again, and get a cruise color change. This may sound silly, but a friend was under the impression that you had to "roll" each time he thought the engine was getting hot(and we all know that never happens), so he was actually turning the program on and off and on and off. Johnny boy is a real brother, but NEVER READS THE MANUAL.(That's for him as he does read this site.) Bikes, or VCRs, it doesn't matter. He does get emotionally involved with cereal boxes though.

PanamaTex

• Mandalay World Travel
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 01:08:39 PM »

Thanks everyone, Just ordered the LeNale fan, should be here in a week or 2 or 3...Postal service to Panama...don't even bother trying to understand it. LOL

Next step is to figure out how to get AmsOil products shipped here.

Tex
Tex
Director
www.PanamaHOG.org

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 01:10:56 PM »

Thanks everyone, Just ordered the LeNale fan, should be here in a week or 2 or 3...Postal service to Panama...don't even bother trying to understand it. LOL

Next step is to figure out how to get AmsOil products shipped here.

Tex
Good deal, hope it works out for you. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Page created in 0.331 seconds with 25 queries.