Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: The CVO'ing of an '85 FXWG - Progress and Pics  (Read 61345 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: The CVO'ing of an '85 FXWG - Progress and Pics
« Reply #315 on: January 27, 2009, 03:47:18 PM »

Great job on the seat, Howie.  8) I like the little sissy bar pad also.  Glad they worked the HD emblem back into the re-do.  Neat!  :2vrolijk_21: spyder

Thanks spyd! Wasn't sure I'd get away with that since the old material's a lil brittle. But they felt it would hold up fine. I'm just glad the stock seats used to be comfortable. No need to use anything else! (Especially since nothing else is made for it!) Good quality and quick turnaround! I'd recommend these Sargeant's dudes anytime! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #316 on: January 27, 2009, 03:48:04 PM »

Seat looks great Hoist! That bike's a winner!

Thanks a lot mb! Appreciate it man! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #317 on: January 29, 2009, 05:16:36 AM »

Looks like they did a great job Howie. So much better to see a bike like this with the original equipment - IMHO.

Good job.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #318 on: February 01, 2009, 05:52:46 PM »

Looks like they did a great job Howie. So much better to see a bike like this with the original equipment - IMHO.

Good job.

Nige

Hmm, thanks I think, but not quite sure what you're saying here Nige! :confused5:

This bike is done up with superior aftermarket stuff to the original equipment, and basically only the frame and tin (not even the tanks though) is all that's left of the original equipment. But it's done the way I wanted it done, and love the way it came out and rides now!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #319 on: February 01, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »

WooHoo!!! Got up to 50 today and had the WG out for about 60 miles this afternoon!!! The bike rides better than any new HD street bike I've ridden since the FXR days. You'd never catch me on a Dyna, when I can have one of these! And I never was a Softail dude, so that's never an option for me. The 4-speed Evo frame is one of the best platforms ever to leave HD!!! 110" Evo in there now, and smooth as glass! WTH needs counterbalancers? It was really great riding around and breaking her in this afternoon. Nuthin like a good ride to clear your head out! Highly needed these days!!! ;) :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2009, 06:43:24 PM »

WooHoo!!! Got up to 50 today and had the WG out for about 60 miles this afternoon!!! The bike rides better than any new HD street bike I've ridden since the FXR days. You'd never catch me on a Dyna, when I can have one of these! And I never was a Softail dude, so that's never an option for me. The 4-speed Evo frame is one of the best platforms ever to leave HD!!! 110" Evo in there now, and smooth as glass! WTH needs counterbalancers? It was really great riding around and breaking her in this afternoon. Nuthin like a good ride to clear your head out! Highly needed these days!!! ;) :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
WooHoo is right.  Nuttin like a good blast on a good running scooter to clear out the winter blahs.  ;D spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #321 on: February 03, 2009, 04:39:47 AM »

Hmm, thanks I think, but not quite sure what you're saying here Nige! :confused5:

This bike is done up with superior aftermarket stuff to the original equipment, and basically only the frame and tin (not even the tanks though) is all that's left of the original equipment. But it's done the way I wanted it done, and love the way it came out and rides now!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Was just talkin about the seat Howie - mechanics is another issue.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #322 on: February 03, 2009, 08:40:35 AM »

Glad to see you got to get some miles on this project and that it exceeds expectations! Nothin' like a good plan executed well. Now enjoy the results and ride like the wind!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 25 queries.