Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gordon's Heated Clothing/Fox Creek Chaps  (Read 2243 times)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
Gordon's Heated Clothing/Fox Creek Chaps
« on: December 07, 2015, 12:45:21 PM »

In the past haven't been motivated to buy heated grips/clothing, etc. except for my Corbin heated seat which has sufficed thusfar.  Not a fan of the grips so decided to take the plunge on heated clothing and purchased a jacket liner, gloves and heat controller from Gordon's.  As stated on a previous thread here, Gordon Gerbing is the founder of Gerbing's and this new venture starts where he left off due to medical issues, etc.

This is my first experience with these products so have nothing to compare them too, but everything arrived safe and sound, quality is excellent as well as the fit based on input I provided on their website.  I installed a BMW style outlet with coax pigtail purchased from Whitehorse Gear.  Per JCZ recommendation, I fabbed a mounting bracket out of 1 1/4" angle iron, powder coated black and mounted to the frame just above the battery tender harness.  Easy one hand plug in operation with gloves on!

It hasn't been very cold here yet but cold enough yesterday to take a test ride.  I'm a fan, even on lowest setting nice even heat throughout, very comfortable.  Heat controller is easy to use with five settings (large rocker switches with LED indicating lights).  The wiring is a bit of a PIA, but coiled and wrapped with velcro tie then stuffed between my chaps and jeans then clipped controller to my front belt loop so I could make adjustments.  Worked out fine.

So far so good.  Gordon's offers the original lifetime warranty and they are running a sale now if interested.  Normally they give you a $39 discount if you order all three components and they will add another 5% for Christmas.

I also bought a new pair of chaps and went with the new Fox Creek beltless version.  Beltless means the chaps have a snap style belt loop at the top to use with your existing jeans belt.  I always hated having to maneuver two belt buckles when wearing chaps and this style fixes than problem.  Now I have easy access to all pockets and if you get caught short, can quickly and easily drop drawers!!

Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Gordon's Heated Clothing/Fox Creek Chaps
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 09:23:35 AM »

+2 on Gordon's Heated Gear.  Good product and great people to deal with.

Chris
2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Gordon's Heated Clothing/Fox Creek Chaps
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 09:56:16 AM »

Gordon was the trailblazer for heated gear.  He has always stood behind his products with lifetime warranty (for as long as you own the product). 
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 24 queries.