Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: V-ROD PIPES  (Read 18049 times)

Thundering6

• CVO1: 2007 VRSCX #66/1400
Re: V-ROD PIPES
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 08:08:49 AM »

AFR rides right along the 13.2 range off of the last dyno run.When I first got the bike back from the local dealership it ran like crap and made crap for power.Always rippping and snorting while decelerating and just would not be happy at speeds less than 70mph.It has been strapped down at least a dozen times since then with another dealer and its about as close as one can be for now.I am also considering a different module than the PCIII.
We still have one area around 4300-4700 where its a tad lean yet but I am not sure just how much of this is related to the restrictive air box and lack of air flow.
The blueing in the pipes could be both a lean or a rich condition as I have seen both in other applications.Too lean and they blue and too rich and they blue from the exhaust charge still igniting in the pipe itself.
I have searching for a better airbox as I am not a fan of how little cold air this bike sees.One would have thought after all those years of carbs and the new fuel injection hanging on the outside of their bikes that Harley and Porsche would have found a better way to force feed some air into this motor.I am surprised that no one has come up with a better air intake system to incorporate the front lower radiator feeds where the air is jammed into.
I am a new owner and still learning but what I have learned so far is there is more in this bike but to do that I feel more air is needed......Andy

On Edit...
It would be nice to find one local shop to me that has a better idea of tuning the PC instead of having to fly blind and do it myself.One would have thought that when you pick the bike up at a dealership they would have some kind of idea of how to tune the bike instead of the blind squirrel theory.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 08:13:25 AM by Thundering6 »

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 01:05:07 PM »

The Power Commander is a great tuner.

They have maps up on their web site for your configuration.

I would look at the map they have and see what is different from your map.

As far as more air is concerned, if you don't already have one, get a K&N air filter.

From what you have mentioned, I suspect you need to add fuel in that rough spot-- 2% initially in the cell just before the lean condition and through it. Then go for a ride. If it has changed, then you are moving in the right direction.

You have a great exhaust so I wouldn't change it.  Once you have the performance issue resolved, there are blue removers that will make it look much better.

If you are still hungry for power, you can get some cams and a larger throttlebody. From there is big bore, stroker and turbos. It's just money.

Thundering6

• CVO1: 2007 VRSCX #66/1400
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 03:36:22 PM »

I do not have the K&N filter in it yet as the dealer who did the work used the SE filter which is a dry filter.However,I do have one on the way as we speak and it will go in next and see what happens with that as I know that huge differences in restriction come with air filters.

PC has no map listed on their website specifically for the V&H Competition(or Indy as they were once called)Pipe and the one that the dealer used was from the V&H website.We have built off of that and its a work in progress and I agree the rough spots need addressed.As soon as the weather breaks a bit where I can get it back to the dyno I am going to have it re-strapped and have some work done on the rough areas.The bike is fairly stout with what I have had done and its best run was 120hp and 80Tq which I feel is good for stock parts.I do know some dyno's can be a tad generous with their numbers but surprisingly I have had it strapped at 4 different places with the numbers all being comparable.I'd like to see the torque come up some but know its going to take more work internally and until I find another ride I do not want to tear this one down,so tuning we will go

I LOVE this exhaust and the sound and of all the aftermarket pipes I have heard on V-Rod's but this one has a sound that far better than the rest IMO.I may pull it off and send it out to be coated as I seen one recently that was done and it looked really sweet.As for the added power,I would like to stroke it some but haven't decided if that the way to go or not.The old saying is"There is no replacement for displacement" and yet while I really want to I am not sure if doing this motor or a different one would be the better option.Different wheels are next on the list and I hope to have that figured out before Springtime.....

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 08:43:59 PM »

I have a2002 Vrod 1130. I originally put superrtrap 2inti1 with about 18 disks. Ran great sound medium until you really wound it up. TQ was mid /high 80s and hp was 112.

In 20011, I added a raod rod kit and a Trask tubo with Trask turbo pistons. Crazy now and LOAD PIPE due to turbo routing. Very fun to Ride.

I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 06:55:39 AM »

I have a 2012 NRS, 118hp 83ft/lbs."normal numbers for the 1250cc with a pipe" with the tab slip ons and inclosed air box, TTS tuner. I liked the tab's, they had a good sound and look. you can pick up 1or2 HP with the topless mod but you get some throttle body noise.  I am a 2-1 exhaust guy and stumbled across a D&D pipe, haven't had it on the dyno but seat of the pants says I picked up some torque. I am wanting the Fitsgerald motorsports Cut Throat pipe when funds allow hahaha.
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 11:48:10 AM »

I have a 2012 NRS, 118hp 83ft/lbs."normal numbers for the 1250cc with a pipe" with the tab slip ons and inclosed air box, TTS tuner. I liked the tab's, they had a good sound and look. you can pick up 1or2 HP with the topless mod but you get some throttle body noise.  I am a 2-1 exhaust guy and stumbled across a D&D pipe, haven't had it on the dyno but seat of the pants says I picked up some torque. I am wanting the Fitsgerald motorsports Cut Throat pipe when funds allow hahaha.

FWIW: Cary Faas makes a Great 2 into 1 pipe too. I had one on my 2002  1350 big bore and was very happy with the quality, performance and customer service.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 24 queries.