Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: My FLHXSE2 Problems  (Read 22568 times)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
My FLHXSE2 Problems
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:32:29 PM »

I will not get into the amp. We all know about that.

Last Saturday I was about to go out for a ride and i decided to check my oil because there was a burning smell the night before. I was down 1 quart. How can this be since it was less than 4000 km (2500 m) since my last service/oil change. Went to the dealer to get the oil and the mechanic came out to take a look after i told him what was going on. He found some oil around the pressure switch and suspects it is coming out from there. There is no oil dripping on the ground. They will replace it and take a closer look at this when it goes in next month for the amp. I just hope that i am not burning oil.

Last night i went to open my left saddle bag and the lid fell off and was hanging by the cloth. After a closer inspection i found that all 5 screws which hold the lid latch to the bag where missing. 1 screw was trapped and fell on the ground. I noticed that the loctite was still on the threads which makes me think that the screws might not have been torqued/tighten from York, PA......Ish.

Other than that i still am loving my ride and i still think it is the best bike that i have owned.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 03:21:31 PM by Mano »

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
Re: My FLHXSE2 Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »

Thoose 5 little screws are some of the fastsner that need to be tightened or at least checked regularly. 

:bananarock: :bananarock:

Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 10:25:15 PM »

The other 5 all needed a 1/4 turn.

I would recommend that you all check them. Putting the lid back on required an extra set of hands. I now keep 5 extra NEW screws with me just in case.

jagerbomb

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 11:36:38 PM »

Last Saturday I was about to go out for a ride and i decided to check my oil because there was a burning smell the night before. I was down 1 quart. How can this be since it was less than 4000 km (2500 m) since my last service/oil change. Went to the dealer to get the oil and the mechanic came out to take a look after i told him what was going on. He found some oil around the pressure switch and suspects it is coming out from there. There is no oil dripping on the ground. They will replace it and take a closer look at this when it goes in next month for the amp. I just hope that i am not burning oil.

Last night i went to open my left saddle bag and the lid fell off and was hanging by the cloth. After a closer inspection i found that all 5 screws which hold the lid latch to the bag where missing. 1 screw was trapped and fell on the ground. I noticed that the loctite was still on the threads which makes me think that the screws might not have been torqued/tighten from York, PA......Ish.

Other than that i still am loving my ride and i still think it is the best bike that i have owned.
my lid did the same thing last weekend on the same side. Luckily it was close to home, I just got back from Fayetteville which was a 350 mile ride home.

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 08:30:15 AM »

The other 5 all needed a 1/4 turn.

I would recommend that you all check them. Putting the lid back on required an extra set of hands. I now keep 5 extra NEW screws with me just in case.
My Friend Manolis,  it seems as many things are falling apart these days...ex..Steelers,economy,cvos,wallets ...LOL :huepfenlol2:

BUCKNUT  :2vrolijk_21:

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 05:04:24 PM »

My Friend Manolis,  it seems as many things are falling apart these days...ex..Steelers,economy,cvos,wallets ...LOL :huepfenlol2:

BUCKNUT  :2vrolijk_21:

Gergory.

Nothing can be any worst than the Steelers O line. :'(
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 08:59:22 PM by Mano »

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 05:13:16 PM »

I just returned from my dealer.  I had found that my rear license plate light and holder were loose.  Service department got her fixed in no time.  It was one of those thing I could have done myself but I thought if they did it they would file a warranty claim with HD, and just maybe, someone at HD would take notice.  It took them longer to do the paperwork then the repair.
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

jcd520

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 07:06:43 PM »

Generally speaking when you buy a new ride, take things apart and apply loctite and put them back every time you are screwing around in your garage doing nothing. It will save you some time later on. Start with the things you know are susceptible to vibration.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 09:01:57 PM »

I just returned from my dealer.  I had found that my rear license plate light and holder were loose.  Service department got her fixed in no time.  It was one of those thing I could have done myself but I thought if they did it they would file a warranty claim with HD, and just maybe, someone at HD would take notice.  It took them longer to do the paperwork then the repair.

I agree with you but it was Friday and i knew i wanted to ride on the weekend. I did call and ask for the screws....they did not have any in stock. Had to get them from another dealer.....ish.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 09:05:35 PM »

Generally speaking when you buy a new ride, take things apart and apply loctite and put them back every time you are screwing around in your garage doing nothing. It will save you some time later on. Start with the things you know are susceptible to vibration.

The stock screws and the new ones had red loctite on the treads. I also drenched them with red liquid perminate loctite.

ibemployed

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 04:30:22 PM »

:soapbox:

Anyone out there know what kind of oil is best for my 2012 SESG.  I'm near my 1000 mile oil change and heard amsoil is better than the screaming eagle oil from harley.  Any thoughts?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 04:34:11 PM »

:soapbox:

Anyone out there know what kind of oil is best for my 2012 SESG.  I'm near my 1000 mile oil change and heard amsoil is better than the screaming eagle oil from harley.  Any thoughts?

Jerry, I answered the gentleman but it was (somewhat) tongue in cheek.  There's been several one post/first post wonders asking the most painfully obvious of obvious questions lately.  They often have similar formatting and syntax (or lacks thereof).  I think someone is screwing with us a bit.  It's not a big deal.  And, if not, the gentleperson can certainly introduce himself and say more.

:oops:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 03:07:54 PM »

Well did this turn out to be a bigger problem. I talked about it on other threads but did not think much of it. Coming from Key West last year noticed I was losing oil. Some of it on the motor. When I got it looked at that time I was told the Trans. bolts came loose. OK. Then it leaked some more. They said it was coming from the oil filter. They replaced it and some gaskets and off to Sturgis I went. On the way back the whole right side of the engine was covered in oil. Pulled into a Harley dealer and they did an oil change telling me that under the oil filter there was another plate that came loose....wrong. Again back to the dealer here since the leaks never stopped and I kept finding oil under the bike. There were more times but I can't remember them all. So I took it in again and they said we really need to look it over. I said I would bring it in the winter when it was slow and have them look it over. So on the 25th of Feb I took it in. Got it back yesterday and this is what they did......

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 03:09:32 PM »

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 03:10:05 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 24 queries.