Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Just ordered 12" Yaffe Monkey Bars - Installing Advice?  (Read 45420 times)

nbomar

Re: Just ordered 12" Yaffe Monkey Bars - Installing Advice?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 01:35:23 AM »

Ordered 10" for mine yesterday. Black monkey bars. 4-6 weeks from yaffe. I looked everywhere and no one had them in stock. (sucks) I already picked up my throttle by wire extension kit from Harley, and the poly bushings. I also bought their "chips" to fill the holes in the fairing.  Only $3 and some change for the chips. I figured I would try them and see how they look. Can't wait to get these in and start tinkering on them.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 08:36:42 AM »

Fish Eye,

Now that is some great info!!!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for taking the time to share.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 02:13:02 PM »

Fish Eye,

Now that is some great info!!!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for taking the time to share.

No Problem willyB!

I really like the way my bars turned out, and I've done several sets now (8 bars on 7 bikes in the last year).  My posting is from a PM that I exchanged with another member from the HDForums.  I just wanted to share it here too.

I've gotten several thousand miles now on the bars, and I think you'll be happy with them.  Every time I sit on a bike with stock bars, I feel so uncomfortable and unnatural. 

From what I've read, 10's will block mirrors.  12's and taller are good to go.

And one other thing I didn't mention.  Use some lubricant when you pull the wires, especially the throttle side (there are 20 individual wires in the heat shrink).

I used Windex, but you can also pick up conduit lube at Home Depot and the like.  It will make your life easier!

ricklong

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 09:55:17 PM »

I have these bars on my 12SESG and I purchased the install kit that PYO sells with them, it included the wires, coated braided stainless clutch and brake hoses and all needed hardware including fittings.  Short answer is yes, the wires had to be extended, I had to use of the longer braided hoses and brakes & Clutch had to be bled.  As for your labor quote, its a full 8 hour job with no interruptions to do this job. thats a great price.
2012 FLHXSE3:  Reaper 274 cams, Fueling camplate, Fueling lifters, Zippers tensioners, S&S push rods, Rinehart Exreme exhaust, Roland Sands Clarity breather, Heads & Jugs diamond cut, Yaffee 12' bars, Focal audio system, C&C custom seat...etc

2013 FXSBSE:  Reaper 274 cams, Fueling camplate, Fueling lifters, Zippers tensioners, S&S push rods, VH 2 into 2 Big Radius, Heads & Jugs diamond cut, 10,25 mini apes, Legend Air ride, James Carter custom stingray seat....etc

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 09:59:28 AM »

I have these bars on my 12SESG and I purchased the install kit that PYO sells with them, it included the wires, coated braided stainless clutch and brake hoses and all needed hardware including fittings.  Short answer is yes, the wires had to be extended, I had to use of the longer braided hoses and brakes & Clutch had to be bled.  As for your labor quote, its a full 8 hour job with no interruptions to do this job. thats a great price.
Got any pictures of the completed setup?

I'm very excited to get these bars on.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 05:18:20 PM »

What a bummer! My bars just got delivered and I'm out of town until late Friday.

Can't even look at them!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

IPMC 10-9

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSEa (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Ed.
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 08:18:10 AM »

I ordered the 12" with wire kit, bagga chips and mirrors through Yaffe and a friend was nice enough to do the install for me while I'm deployed.  Can't wait to get home to enjoy them.  He had to put the stock shield back on didn't want to mod my 6.5" klock werks to fit, will do that when I get home as well.
2013 FLTRXSE Anniversary
23" Contrast cut custom front wheel
Klock Werks Level big wheel fender
Rinehart True Duals
14" Siouxcide Choppers Machine Gun bars

IPMC 10-9

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 08:25:55 AM »

View from other side, angle makes it look a little strange and with no shield.  You can make out the bagga chip also, black w/ silver edging.  Someday need to replace that front wheel w/ a 21".
2013 FLTRXSE Anniversary
Rinehart True Duals

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 08:55:58 AM »

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I would like to formally retract my negative comments about Paul Yaffe's Baggernation quality control.

After sending an e-mail to Baggernation I quickly received a call from Ken. Needless to say, he apologized for the QC issue and assured me that HE is the one responsible for quality control at Baggernation.

Not only did he ship a new set of bars that day, he did it based only on my e-mail. No Charging, No Shipping, No Nothing!!! He wanted me to get the right bars and was trusting me to do the right thing by sending the scratched bars back to Hill Country Custom Cycles. That my friends is a Class Act move!!!!!!

He later called me back to tell me that the folks at Hill Country never called Baggernation but instead called Drag Specialties who they bought the bars from.

Ken at Paul Yaffe Baggernation!! You have earned my respect! Problems can always happen but it's your Class Act that showed me what a company does when they truly care about their products and their customers. Trusting someone you've never met and doing so only based on the information from my e-mail, you "trusted" me with what could have simply been a ploy by some idiot to get a set of free bars from you. You showed me that when push comes to shove "good people do good things simply because they care about their fellow human beings".

THANK YOU KIND SIR! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

ORIGINAL POST
Well, my bars came in this week while I was out of town on business. I was pretty excited until my wife unwrapped them and sent me this picture.

Yep, scratched!!! Not only were they scratched but the scratch had a Black Sharpie circle around it.

Obviously I'm sending them back. I bought them from Hill Country Custom Cycle because Yaffe (aka. Baggernation) told me to call them becuase they had it in stock and their production was out 8 weeks. Great folks at Hill Country. Super friendly. Super helpful.

They were quite embarassed becuase they come in from Yaffe pre-packaged and wrapped. They checked and had no more in stock so they called the "buddy" with Yaffe if they could get a set right away because of this and NO LUCK.

Looks like Yaffe doesn't care much from quality control OR customer satisfaction!!! I guess Yaffe has so much business that they don't need to concern themselves with customer service.

Come On Paul Yaffe I expected more!

Good thing Yaffe has competition and I have a voice to point out Yaffe's service & quality! :soapbox: :nixweiss:

ps: if you're asking yourself if the scratch will be hidden behind the clutch or brake reservoir hings, the answer is no.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:59:29 PM by willyB »

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 10:57:16 AM »

That sucks WillyB!

I've always heard good things of HCC's customer service.

IMHO, the wait is more than worth it.  I waited about 10 weeks for my 14's, and even then, I waited until winter to install and do a painted fairing.

Sorry to hear, but I don't think there is a better looking option out there!  Good luck.

IPMC 10-9

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 01:23:08 AM »

Sorry to hear about your bars being scratched WillyB, that really sucks.  Makes you wonder about Yaffe's business.  It's one thing if it's a missed blemish during their QA process or happended during shipping, but for it to be circled with a sharpy and still sent out, unexceptable and just bad business.  I've been deployed since mine arrived and were installed so haven't gotten to inspect mine yet, hopefully no issues.  Hope they are able to get you a replacement sooner than expected, but Yaffe's crew is probably out partying and pushing their items they don't have in stock out in Sturgis for the month. 
2013 FLTRXSE Anniversary
Rinehart True Duals

Bowman1836

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 cvo street glide
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »

Well, my bars came in this week while I was out of town on business. I was pretty excited until my wife unwrapped them and sent me this picture.

Yep, scratched!!! Not only were they scratched but the scratch had a Black Sharpie circle around it.

Obviously I'm sending them back. I bought them from Hill Country Custom Cycle because Yaffe (aka. Baggernation) told me to call them becuase they had it in stock and their production was out 8 weeks. Great folks at Hill Country. Super friendly. Super helpful.

They were quite embarassed becuase they come in from Yaffe pre-packaged and wrapped. They checked and had no more in stock so they called the "buddy" with Yaffe if they could get a set right away because of this and NO LUCK.

Looks like Yaffe doesn't care much from quality control OR customer satisfaction!!! I guess Yaffe has so much business that they don't need to concern themselves with customer service.

Good thing Yaffe has competition and I have a voice to point out Yaffe's service & quality! :soapbox: :nixweiss:

ps: if you're asking yourself if the scratch will be hidden behind the clutch or brake reservoir hings, the answer is no.

I at first really wanted these bars and emailed bagger nation one time with no response so I sent two more emails well two weeks later no response. So I called left a message and 4 days later got a call. I'm not buying anything from a company that is that bad with customer service. They may look cool but I'll take my business's to some place who actually wants it. Anyways hope you get a good set of bars before to long.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 08:43:12 AM »

Really sad that Yaffe has to give that kind of poor service.   Lots of good companies would love to have our hard earned $$ I would think.. The idea of letting those bars go with a rifle pointing to a scratch like  that is unexcusable.   I'll never buy anything from that guy..I have wild ones bars and their service and quality is second to none.. Great finish and they even answer the phone.  They need to know they aren't the only game in town when it comes to bars,,  there happen to be many others  :nixweiss:

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 09:03:04 PM »

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I would like to formally retract my negative comments about Paul Yaffe's Baggernation quality control.

After sending an e-mail to Baggernation I quickly received a call from Ken. Needless to say, he apologized for the QC issue and assured me that HE is the one responsible for quality control at Baggernation.

Not only did he ship a new set of bars that day, he did it based only on my e-mail. No Charging, No Shipping, No Nothing!!! He wanted me to get the right bars and was trusting me to do the right thing by sending the scratched bars back to Hill Country Custom Cycles. That my friends is a Class Act move!!!!!!

He later called me back to tell me that the folks at Hill Country never called Baggernation but instead called Drag Specialties who they bought the bars from.

Ken at Paul Yaffe Baggernation!! You have earned my respect! Problems can always happen but it's your Class Act that showed me what a company does when they truly care about their products and their customers. Trusting someone you've never met and doing so only based on the information from my e-mail, you "trusted" me with what could have simply been a ploy by some idiot to get a set of free bars from you. You showed me that when push comes to shove "good people do good things simply because they care about their fellow human beings".

THANK YOU KIND SIR! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

ORIGINAL POST

Dryer

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 12:12:49 PM »

I have a braided stainless clutch hose from goodridge and brake line for abs also stainless that I was going to use but ended up not needing them for my 10" bars. They are new and never opened. I'll sell them for $120 shipped.  The clutch hose is I think is 73" and the brake line is +6 I believe.  I'll look when I get home tonight if anyone is interested
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 24 queries.