Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Harley-Davidson's Road Tech HA90 MP3 ???  (Read 11410 times)

CBGUNS

• Junior CVO Member
Harley-Davidson's Road Tech HA90 MP3 ???
« on: November 14, 2008, 07:08:24 PM »

OK Here are 2 srupid ?
1 how do i get my itune libary on the disk?
can i usea 6gb card
thanks for all the Help
i cant figure it out
CB
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy chit... What a Ride!!! '

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Re: Harley-Davidson's Road Tech HA90 MP3 ???
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 08:58:07 PM »

I had the same head scratcher when I got the HD MP3 player. Brian (103tHunDer) sent me a short pm that walked me through it. I can't find it and since I took the MP3 player off when I replaced the OEM radio with a Sony, I've forgotten what I did. You might try to PM Brian and ask him for the simple directions for dummies. ;D :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 09:26:12 PM »

This is a great question.  I've had folks adivse me to use Media Monkey.  Never could figure that thing out.  I used Sound Taxi, and all of my iTunes stuff converted to MP3.  I think it cost around $25.00, but it got the job done.

If there's a better way, let's hear it.   :2vrolijk_21:

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 09:53:57 PM »

This is a great question.  I've had folks adivse me to use Media Monkey.  Never could figure that thing out.  I used Sound Taxi, and all of my iTunes stuff converted to MP3.  I think it cost around $25.00, but it got the job done.

If there's a better way, let's hear it.   :2vrolijk_21:

Henry, that's it! It was Media Monkey and it was very simple for me but I had complete step by step directions written for a very low tech dummy, me. ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 10:05:22 PM »

Henry, that's it! It was Media Monkey and it was very simple for me but I had complete step by step directions written for a very low tech dummy, me. ;D

That's what bothers me.  I should be able to figure it out, but I tried twice each time about a year apart.  Never could figure out that frickin' monkey.  But Sound Taxi was simple.  Problem is, there's gotta be a better way.  I just don't have the patience to figure it out or find it. 

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 10:11:57 PM »

That's what bothers me.  I should be able to figure it out, but I tried twice each time about a year apart.  Never could figure out that frickin' monkey.  But Sound Taxi was simple.  Problem is, there's gotta be a better way.  I just don't have the patience to figure it out or find it. 

Must be you have to have a love for bananas for the Monkey to work. :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

REGGAB

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 11:53:13 PM »

Must be you have to have a love for bananas for the Monkey to work. :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Dammit.  That's what it is.  No wonder my calves are cramped.  No potassium.  Headed to Star Market!   :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:  Thanks Mark.   :huepfenlol2:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 04:38:18 AM »

I used Windows Media Player and it worked great.  You can use .wma or .mp3 formats.  You CANNOT use a 6GB card.  I know you can use up to 2GB, but I did not try it beyond that.  Anything over 4GB is definitely out of the question.  Different technology used over 4GB.  I used mainly 1GB cards and get over 200 songs on a card recording at the best quality.  I found a small, hard case that holds 8 SD cards that I carry with me, available at Best Buy.  I can't remember how much it was, but definitely under $10.  If you need to have quick access to more than 1600+ songs with you at all times, you are out of my league.  I know I've ridden over 450 miles in a day and wasn't finished listening to a 1GB card.  Get the 2 GB cards are you have over 3200 songs in the player or in your bags and probably a 1000 mile trip without changing the card.  If you need help using Windows Media Player to record onto the cards, I can probably walk you through it.  I just traded my bike with the MP3 player last week, so now I'm wondering if there is a way to record a lot of mp3's onto a CD, or do I need to get the HA-90 again?  It's a great unit, but I think everyone that gets one has lots of questions initially that the manual does not address.  When I got mine, I contacted the company that makes it for Harley and let me tell you, they really didn't want to give me answers to anything.

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 08:40:06 AM »

I used Windows Media Player and it worked great.  You can use .wma or .mp3 formats.  You CANNOT use a 6GB card.  I know you can use up to 2GB, but I did not try it beyond that.  Anything over 4GB is definitely out of the question.  Different technology used over 4GB.  I used mainly 1GB cards and get over 200 songs on a card recording at the best quality.  I found a small, hard case that holds 8 SD cards that I carry with me, available at Best Buy.  I can't remember how much it was, but definitely under $10.  If you need to have quick access to more than 1600+ songs with you at all times, you are out of my league.  I know I've ridden over 450 miles in a day and wasn't finished listening to a 1GB card.  Get the 2 GB cards are you have over 3200 songs in the player or in your bags and probably a 1000 mile trip without changing the card.  If you need help using Windows Media Player to record onto the cards, I can probably walk you through it.  I just traded my bike with the MP3 player last week, so now I'm wondering if there is a way to record a lot of mp3's onto a CD, or do I need to get the HA-90 again?  It's a great unit, but I think everyone that gets one has lots of questions initially that the manual does not address.  When I got mine, I contacted the company that makes it for Harley and let me tell you, they really didn't want to give me answers to anything.

I guess I'm stuck with Sound Taxi......and that's fine, since it works.  Mac doesn't have Windows Media Player, and I don't have the parallel universe on my Mac.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 10:52:13 AM »

Mac...I wasn't expecting that curve ball.  I suppose that's why the programs mentioned were so foreign to me.  I can't help through that time/space continuum.

REGGAB

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 11:55:20 AM »

Mac...I wasn't expecting that curve ball.  I suppose that's why the programs mentioned were so foreign to me.  I can't help through that time/space continuum.

Well, those programs work on a PC too.   :2vrolijk_21:

Macs are awesome.......for the type of work their designed to handle.  I love mine.  What drives me nuts is switching between PC and Mac.  Whole nutha language.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 12:03:59 PM »

I don't want to learn the National Anthem in Spanish either.  I don't see a need for me to double up on something that already works fine for me.  I'm not saying anything negative about Mac, since I've never used one...just don't have the desire to learn another language at this point.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 12:13:07 PM »

Henry, I'm comin' to this late so I'm not sure I'm on the right page, but....... If MP3 conversion is the only stumbling block that can be done in itunes by changing setting under preferences or just right click on the song and convert to MP3 from ACC right there. At least that's the way my technologically challenged arse does it on my MacBook Air  :nixweiss:

REGGAB

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 01:41:56 PM »

I don't want to learn the National Anthem in Spanish either.  I don't see a need for me to double up on something that already works fine for me.  I'm not saying anything negative about Mac, since I've never used one...just don't have the desire to learn another language at this point.
computer

:ROFLOL:

That's hilarious.

If I had my druthers, Mac is my choice.

Unfortunately I don't have my druthers, therefore.......I am bicomputerlingual........if that could be a real word.   :)

REGGAB

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 01:44:16 PM »

Henry, I'm comin' to this late so I'm not sure I'm on the right page, but....... If MP3 conversion is the only stumbling block that can be done in itunes by changing setting under preferences or just right click on the song and convert to MP3 from ACC right there. At least that's the way my technologically challenged arse does it on my MacBook Air  :nixweiss:

Yeah tried that.......loaded to the SD.......loaded into the ZUMO........no worky.

I'm doing something wrong.  Way out of my element with music file format morphing.  I'm confident there's a simple solution.  Just need to figger it out.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 25 queries.