Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Screaming Eagle Tuner  (Read 10768 times)

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Screaming Eagle Tuner
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 06:35:35 PM »

if all you are doing is pipe and air cleaner - you can use the hd street legal tuner - and it will v=tune to a point - and that wont void your warranty IF its done at delivery.

its part of the fine print crap. you can do any of the "street legal" mods prior to delivery and it will be covered under both the mfg warranty and the esp.

absolutely everything else you do will void the mfg warranty and the esp warranty. to make a finer point you can do external street legal mods with the street tuner after delivery and be ok - basically a air cleaner can be installed later.

to

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 09:51:41 PM »

Thanks Jerry,
You couldn't be Clearer, and your bang on with the mechanics saying its no problem!
Still cant help myself!
Only changing the exhaust, breather, adding a oil cooler and  tuner for now, the rest of the mods will be purely cosmetic,
Is their much difference in the TTS and the SEPST? he dealer just keeps pushing the SEPST!
Thanks again for your time,
Charlie

There are several differences, but I'm not the expert.  Steve George of Fullsac or Steve Cole of TTS could list all the differences for you, but I'll just offer up a couple I'm aware of.  First, as I stated previously, is the fact that with the TTS you can save the original calibration (map) and reinstall it whenever you take your bike in for service or warranty repairs.  You can't do that with the SEPST.  Second, the TTS allows you to adjust several parameters that aren't adjustable with the SEPST.  That may or may not be a big deal, it all depends on whether or not you would ever have need to tweak those particular parameters.

I assume your guy is pushing the SEPST because he has a vested interest in selling those.  Anyone who can tune with a SEPST can tune with a TTS.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 09:55:47 PM »

With my '08 SE Dyna, I had a PC, V&H Pro pipe. Lots of issues. Bearings, lifters and clutch issue...about $3000 of work and ESP never questioned it.....I was actually shocked!!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 11:16:39 PM »

The HD SCREAMIN EAGLE PRO SUPER TUNER has "SMART TUNE" if you buy the software and cables you can tune the bike yourself if you have a lap top. I have a 2012 SEULTRA that I used it on. It works and works well. HD has a list of base maps that you need to pick 1 from. Download it to your ecm, set the tuner to smart tune and unhook the cables for the computer side of the bung and go riding. Come back after a nice little ride and hook back up to your computer and look at the cells. The cells in blue will need to be adjusted and then you are finished. I was really surprised how easy it was. I did have help from Axil though. He talked me into it and couldn't be more happier. Best thing is when I do some motor work it will be easy to retune!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG   
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

maia812

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 09:04:28 AM »

The HD SCREAMIN EAGLE PRO SUPER TUNER has "SMART TUNE" if you buy the software and cables you can tune the bike yourself if you have a lap top. I have a 2012 SEULTRA that I used it on. It works and works well. HD has a list of base maps that you need to pick 1 from. Download it to your ecm, set the tuner to smart tune and unhook the cables for the computer side of the bung and go riding. Come back after a nice little ride and hook back up to your computer and look at the cells. The cells in blue will need to be adjusted and then you are finished. I was really surprised how easy it was. I did have help from Axil though. He talked me into it and couldn't be more happier. Best thing is when I do some motor work it will be easy to retune!!!!

Be Safe
                 Thanks for posting that info. That really helps me  on mine also.  This is a great site.  THANKS D C
THE DAWG   

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 01:30:20 AM »

Be Safe

THE DAWG   
Thanks,
Easy to understand explanation,
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 07:01:39 AM »

I am presently choosing a tuner for my FLSTSE3, would it be right to assume that with the comments listed that all tuners void the HD warranty?

Hi Charlie,

it's not just that easy  ;)

Depends a lot to your national legislation too. The US for instance have an entirely different legal system of factory warranties and compulsory factory liabilities than the EC has. I don't have any idea about your local consumer laws, so you should contact a good attorney if you really want to know in detail.

In the EC whatever H-D writes into their factory warranty provisions they are liable during the first two years for any malfunction of any part - or software - H-D or any of their licensed dealers sells to a consumer and if they claim an unauthorized manipulation on your side to be the cause of such malfunction or damage they have to provide full proof for it. So in EC as long as you buy your tuning parts form H-D and combine them according to their recommendations you are on a comparatively safe side as labeling something as a "racing part" does not affect their compulsory liability under EC consumer laws. So check your national legislation.

CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 07:36:30 AM »

Hi Charlie,

it's not just that easy  ;)

Depends a lot to your national legislation too. The US for instance have an entirely different legal system of factory warranties and compulsory factory liabilities than the EC has. I don't have any idea about your local consumer laws, so you should contact a good attorney if you really want to know in detail.

In the EC whatever H-D writes into their factory warranty provisions they are liable during the first two years for any malfunction of any part - or software - H-D or any of their licensed dealers sells to a consumer and if they claim an unauthorized manipulation on your side to be the cause of such malfunction or damage they have to provide full proof for it. So in EC as long as you buy your tuning parts form H-D and combine them according to their recommendations you are on a comparatively safe side as labeling something as a "racing part" does not affect their compulsory liability under EC consumer laws. So check your national legislation.

Hi Kraut,
Thanks for the input,
Here in Dubai we don't really have any consumer laws you could depend on! they just about do whatever they want!! friends back in the UK say its no problem and the warranty still stands within the custom law format,
It works both ways over here! we have pluses and minuses! we can modify more or less what we want to and still be road legal! we can wear any helmet we want (at our own risk!) but try and challenge a warranty and you have no chance!
Cheers, Charlie
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 09:41:38 AM »

that's pretty much what I had feared to learn from you  ::)

Perhaps you may take a hostage?

:huepfenjump3:
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 09:48:30 AM »

that's pretty much what I had feared to learn from you  ::)

Perhaps you may take a hostage?

:huepfenjump3:
Cant say its never crossed my mind!!! ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 25 queries.