Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: change my CVO Street Glide 2016 for new model 2017 ???  (Read 6003 times)

dm930

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide (Hard Candy Mercury)
Re: change my CVO Street Glide 2016 for new model 2017 ???
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 11:58:53 AM »

Well proven motor?  Seriously the 110's are still having issues.  I have one that had to have new cams and such cause of lifter failure.  I just had the motor replaced in a 15 CVO Road glide ultra for failure.  A good friend of mine, and member on this forum had the motor replaced in his 15 SERGU.  So it far from well proven.

So I do not really feel Im taking much risk with the new motor.  Cant be any worse than the old one.

Thats why they have two year warranties.

Perhaps well proven was a bit optimistic, however, I'd rather go with something that's been out for a while and the known issues are apparent rather than diving into the unknown...
2015 CVO SG
2013 Fatboy Lo
and 20 others I can't remember....

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 02:41:42 PM »

If you trade a 2016 for a 2017 this year you can trade a 2017 for a 2018 next year if the new frame rumor is true. But since you asked, while I wish everyone the best of luck with the Milwaukee 8 engines. I wound never trust a first year model engine from Harley. Hopefully history will not repeat it self.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 06:50:29 PM »

I would wait. .  Glad you asked???  :nixweiss:

dm930

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide (Hard Candy Mercury)
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 07:41:45 PM »

Most of the people on this particular of the many forums are reasonably knowledgeable from one subject to another.  Yet, you will get all kinds of varying opinions.  Use it all with a grain of salt and do what feels right to you.  Good luck!
2015 CVO SG
2013 Fatboy Lo
and 20 others I can't remember....

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 07:51:43 PM »

Maybe for a 19 or 20 MY
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

bdcpv

• harley owner since 1994
    • MI

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 01:16:45 AM »

Hello dear friends, I decided to ask advice to you because I believe that your opinion and your views are very sincere and important than any hd dealer.
A few months ago I purchased a Street Glide CVO m.y.2016, with mufflers and other accessories I spent about 42,000 euro. my "old" CVO was evaluated 20,000 euro.
Now the dealer offers me the possibility of buying a new street glide withdrawing my only 2000 km to 32,000 euro and 8,000 euro would adding a completely new bike, according to him.
Really do you think it might be worth making this change ..?

(I feel a bit cheated by this way of doing not to mention that the colors of the bikes in 2017 I do not like at all)
What do you say?
your opinions are very important to me !
Thanks you.
marco

hi Marko, i offer you a different point of view... i waited to know about m8 engines and then i bought one of the last (and maybe the last) white street glide cvo twincam made.

why i did that?

1- i will wait 2018 models looking for a better reliability (i bought the first twincam made, and i had several recalls and troubles... i don't want to have the same experience again)

2- today everybody could buy a 2017 model... but nobody can have a new 2016 model.

3- i love the color of my bike, new ones are not so interesting to me.

i don't want to convince anyone, and i am pretty sure i will change (in the future) my bike for a m8, but i don't want to be slave of marketing or anything else.

so, my suggestion, is to wait minimum one year and then decide (after some trials with the new engine)

marko61

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 09:33:06 AM »

hi Marko, i offer you a different point of view... i waited to know about m8 engines and then i bought one of the last (and maybe the last) white street glide cvo twincam made.

why i did that?

1- i will wait 2018 models looking for a better reliability (i bought the first twincam made, and i had several recalls and troubles... i don't want to have the same experience again)

2- today everybody could buy a 2017 model... but nobody can have a new 2016 model.

3- i love the color of my bike, new ones are not so interesting to me.

i don't want to convince anyone, and i am pretty sure i will change (in the future) my bike for a m8, but i don't want to be slave of marketing or anything else.

so, my suggestion, is to wait minimum one year and then decide (after some trials with the new engine)

thank you, I will like you .... then we have the same bike !!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 10:40:58 PM »

With hindsight would you rather have had the first Twin Cam or the last EVO? I had one of the last EVO's and my brother in law one of the first TC's. Yes he had some hassle having to take bike into service to fix some of the first year issues but all was under warranty and he ran circles around me. I was always pissed that I talked myself into the EVO because it was "such a good deal" and hated riding with him...
Alan

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 11:34:35 PM »

With hindsight would you rather have had the first Twin Cam or the last EVO? I had one of the last EVO's and my brother in law one of the first TC's. Yes he had some hassle having to take bike into service to fix some of the first year issues but all was under warranty and he ran circles around me. I was always pissed that I talked myself into the EVO because it was "such a good deal" and hated riding with him...

A lot of people still love the EVO and an original virgin EVO is a much sought after motor. But I do get your point.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 24 queries.