Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Fork brace part number  (Read 15435 times)

elvislee

Re: Fork brace part number
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2008, 04:53:35 PM »

I like that brace on there, looks really NICE

Maybe, Maybe, I'll put one on when I do my build   :D

Thanks Mikey; but I'm jealous, your orange is one of the finest looking 4's I've seen  :2vrolijk_21:  ;D

elvislee

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2008, 04:54:44 PM »

CCE makes good quality stuff! Looks good on there Blaine. Might want to consider one myself! I have the SE fork brace on my Pro Street, as the CCE one used to be 1-piece and the fork needed to be disassembled to install it. But now that they have a boltable unit, it's an easier choice to make, to use theirs! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Thanks Howie, the ride is soooooooooooooooooooooooo much better now  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 05:00:33 PM by elvislee »

elvislee

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2008, 04:59:50 PM »

Blaine that color "POPS" in those photos....man that looks AWESOME.......your camera did/does a great job of reproducing that color for SURE!!

YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN HAVE A CLUE WHAT A GREAT DEAL BLAINE RECEIVED ON THAT FORK BRACE, HE GOT A TREMENDOUS DEAL.....AND I AM TELLIN YOU THE FORK BRACE IS WORTH EVERY BIT OF $250.00 THAT IT IS NORMALLY PRICED @....HE DIDN'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO THAT PRICE..... :2vrolijk_21:
HOWIE......ARE YOU SURE YOU NEED TO SPEND THE MONEY ON ONE OF THESE NICE, OK VERY VERY NICE PIECES OF BILLET ALUMINUM QUALITY "PERFORMANCE" PARTS.....I MEAN COME ON HOWIE.....LAUGHING.....WE ARE TALKING CURVES HERE.....YOU NEED CURVES OR "TWISTIES" TO EXPERIENCE THE BENEFITS OF THIS QUALITY "MODIFICATION".....HOWIE YOU BETTER JUST LEAVE THIS "MODIFICATION" TO THE BOYS THAT RIDE "CURVES" AND NOT WAVIN AT TAXI CAB RIDERS.....GOING IN STRAIGHT LINES.....OH OK....OK....OK....THAT'S RIGHT YOU DO INDEED "OCCASSIONALY" PULL A U TURN....LOL TO DO THAT "STRAIGHT LINE" THINGIEE AGAIN.....LOL.....just teasin yah!!!

Regards,

Tim

Yep...Sometimes ya just get lucky and run across what your lookin for when ya wasn't really even looking............. :2vrolijk_21: ;D

Oh...Also got my Rear turn signal re-location kit in from Dennis Kirk today....DS PN: DS280318 I never really wanted to re-locate them but the more I tought about it I decided to do it for when I find the bags I want to put on. I won't be going what you went through when you relocated yours and it won't look as good as yours; but it will do the job and be neat.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 05:10:11 PM by elvislee »

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2008, 09:35:45 PM »

Thanks Mikey; but I'm jealous, your orange is one of the finest looking 4's I've seen  :2vrolijk_21:  ;D

Blaine that's one BIG COMPLIMENT !!!   I SURE DO APPRECIATE IT !!!  THANKS MAN !!!!!!!

I've seen a lot of pictures of REALLY NICE looking FXRs since I found this sight, including yours!.
2000 FXR4 Candy Tangerine
The Build -
•   SE Heads w/Cometic .030 gaskets
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
•   Compu-Fire Single Fire Ignition
•   Rivera taper-lite chromolly adjustable push rods
•   Chrome lifter blocks w/HD B lifters
•   Pro-Force One AC and breather kit
•   Vance and Hines straight shots

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2008, 09:54:38 PM »

Blaine ...... I've been back looking at the pics of your bike with that brace on there.............. the more I see it, the more I like it .... can you give us a couple more pics, show me a wider angle of the front end ..... I'm with Tim too, that color of your bike really POPs out in those pics !!  Nice Job

The more I think about this .... the more I'm thinking I have to have this on my bike .... 1) performance handling improvement   2) it looks kewl on the bike
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2008, 01:59:21 AM »

I thought about it I decided to do it for when I find the bags I want to put on. I won't be going what you went through when you relocated yours and it won't look as good as yours; but it will do the job and be neat. 

Blaine.....why won't you be doing what I went through.....it just sounds complicated but it's really quite easy.....although perhaps the pricing is the issue, which is understandable......you have to start with a "laid" down license plate, then you have to get the 2 extensions, it wasn't that much money.....and it only took a few hours.....but it's a personal "taste" thing.....you may not like how it looks.....which is quite understandable.....but don't keep yourself from doing it because it looks or sounds "complicated" ZN could give you directions in about 30-40 words....LOL, I of course would have to write a "novel".

LAUGHING

Regards,

Tim

53820-00   Directional Relocation Kit   $31.96  RETAIL HD  09-02-2006
                        -which includes two 68999-00 Rear Directional Studs For Wires To Go Through
49-0044      Lay down License Plate from Custom Chrome   $24.84  RETAIL
H27-0277   Pair Of Replacement Hollow Bolts  $6.99 sold as a pair via Dennis Kirk
                         -these hollow bolts are used to connect the laydown license plate to the fender you only need 2
                          because you only have two wires. These will already match your predrilled holes in your fender.
70540-02   Dyna & Softail Rear Fender Conduit Kit   $10.30  RETAIL

TOTAL COST:  $75.00 Retail

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your cursor next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your cursor on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 02:16:25 AM by FXR2evo99 »

elvislee

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2008, 06:32:46 AM »

Blaine ...... I've been back looking at the pics of your bike with that brace on there.............. the more I see it, the more I like it .... can you give us a couple more pics, show me a wider angle of the front end ..... I'm with Tim too, that color of your bike really POPs out in those pics !!  Nice Job

The more I think about this .... the more I'm thinking I have to have this on my bike .... 1) performance handling improvement   2) it looks kewl on the bike

Mikey...Thanks... I'll try my best to get a few for ya today; if not today, for sure tomorrow :2vrolijk_21:

elvislee

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2008, 06:53:10 AM »

I thought about it I decided to do it for when I find the bags I want to put on. I won't be going what you went through when you relocated yours and it won't look as good as yours; but it will do the job and be neat. 

Blaine.....why won't you be doing what I went through.....it just sounds complicated but it's really quite easy.....although perhaps the pricing is the issue, which is understandable......you have to start with a "laid" down license plate, then you have to get the 2 extensions, it wasn't that much money.....and it only took a few hours.....but it's a personal "taste" thing.....you may not like how it looks.....which is quite understandable.....but don't keep yourself from doing it because it looks or sounds "complicated" ZN could give you directions in about 30-40 words....LOL, I of course would have to write a "novel".

LAUGHING

Regards,

Tim

53820-00   Directional Relocation Kit   $31.96  RETAIL HD  09-02-2006
                        -which includes two 68999-00 Rear Directional Studs For Wires To Go Through
49-0044      Lay down License Plate from Custom Chrome   $24.84  RETAIL
H27-0277   Pair Of Replacement Hollow Bolts  $6.99 sold as a pair via Dennis Kirk
                         -these hollow bolts are used to connect the laydown license plate to the fender you only need 2
                          because you only have two wires. These will already match your predrilled holes in your fender.
70540-02   Dyna & Softail Rear Fender Conduit Kit   $10.30  RETAIL

TOTAL COST:  $75.00 Retail

[NOTE: Please remember that putting your cursor next to the paper clip icon below the photo will allow you to enlarge the photo plus save it to your computer if you desire OR if you merely wish to see it enlarged simply put your cursor on the photo and "LEFT" click and it will enlarge]

Yep...Our man Mr. "Z" cracks me up; he never say's anything (almost never); but he still cracks me up ;D...Tha "Z" man :2vrolijk_21:

Quite the contrary; I think it looks great :2vrolijk_21:. I'm just gonna go my way because I have this picture in my head with th single straight mounting bar and maybe in the future a "TOMBSTONE" Tailight mounted below it. That's sorta what I be seein  ;D

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2008, 09:14:53 PM »

Tha "Z" man

works for ME!!!   :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2009, 12:46:34 PM »

Just ordered the CCE Fork Truss for Joy directly from CCE. $217 including shipping. Not too bad! :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.customcycleengineering.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=448

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 01:56:54 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

fxr3joe

• Full CVO Member
  • Rock N Rollin'
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2009, 08:58:35 PM »

Since I have MANY chrome flame parts on my bike I am looking for something like this

http://www.superbrace.com/proddetail.asp?prod=5183F%2D09

This particular one doesnt sit as low as the SE but it's solid and should cover the dent.

We have the International Motorcycle Show making it's annual stop in Feb to the Chicagland area.  There are always vendors selling thses items as well.

Thanks again.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2009, 09:11:17 PM »

Since I have MANY chrome flame parts on my bike I am looking for something like this

http://www.superbrace.com/proddetail.asp?prod=5183F%2D09

This particular one doesnt sit as low as the SE but it's solid and should cover the dent.

We have the International Motorcycle Show making it's annual stop in Feb to the Chicagland area.  There are always vendors selling thses items as well.

Thanks again.

Cool Joe! Nice looking piece too. Never saw that one. Might have even considered it for Joy, with her flame theme too and all! Oh well! I know the CCE is a real QUALITY piece! No regrets! Good luck with yours! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 09:15:21 PM by Hoist! »

fxr4mikey

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2009, 09:55:50 AM »

no flames on my bike ... just the way that I like it
I'm one of those guys that doesn't like skulls and bones or flames .... just a weired sorta guy I guess
so when I get my fork brace, I'll be getting the 'plain o chrome' one    weired huh     :huepfenlol2:
The Build -
•   Bob Wood W6 cam
•   Mikuni HSR42 carb
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 25 queries.