Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: New Cams Installed  (Read 8581 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: New Cams Installed
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2012, 09:16:01 AM »

Everything is stock except I gutted the CAT from the headpipe installed a TTS Mastertuner and installed the CR-575 cams's. Can't really expect alot of improvement over stock with just Cam's and a tuner.

What we see here is about a 10% increase in peak numbers with similar changes to what you have.
But, the seat of the pants feeling is way better.
 8)
HOGMIKE

3mcam

• Junior CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE Bronze Armor
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 09:27:15 AM »

If I'm not mistaken the stock numbers are around 80hp and 95tq. And yes it does feel more responsive when I twist the throttle. I guess my expectations were higher than I realized. I imagine that if there was a magic recipe to obtain exactly what we wanted without knowing what we wanted then everyone would be in the kitchen cooking up some hp/tq.

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2012, 10:35:24 AM »

If I'm not mistaken the stock numbers are around 80hp and 95tq. And yes it does feel more responsive when I twist the throttle. I guess my expectations were higher than I realized. I imagine that if there was a magic recipe to obtain exactly what we wanted without knowing what we wanted then everyone would be in the kitchen cooking up some hp/tq.
Here is a well tuned 103 with the 255's, I am really surprised the 110 motors were not better than these using the same cams and CNC heads as well????
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 08:32:20 PM »

I know how you feel. I just got my 2010 from the dyno shop. ( a very good dyno shop ) I got 100 hp and 116 torque. This is after some serious head work, Doherty intake, Rinehart full system. Stock cams and compression.  After reading all the post of high gains with just pipes and intakes I was disappointed with the results. But I tell you what, I rode the bike home from the tuners. ( it is winter up here in Canada and it was a mild dry day ) And as I gassed the bike hard through gears getting on the highway thing felt very fast, when I finally looked at the speedo it was buried at 120mph. I was shocked, and blown away at the same time.   I never gone that fast in that bike, now the thing effortlessly accelerated to 120 like it was nothing and was still pulling past that. So I am very happy with the outcome of my build. The bike flies, and is very smooth. A huge change from stock.  I will wait for a year or two and then go with SE 10.5 pistons, some cam, ( will have to choose between about 20 cams out there ) And the HPI 55 mm TB and injectors. But I am totally pleased with the results. Cheers. 

Dyno sheet after tuner. A little disappointed. Was hoping for more torque. Next step new headpipe, headwork and head gasket. Perhap then I'll be were I would like to be.
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

Razorback

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2012, 01:17:48 PM »

Here is a before and after on the same dyno, bone stock 2010 convertible with 900 miles baseline and then after the install of CR575 cams and a Rinehart 2 onto 1 and tts tune. I think these cams rely heavily on having a good flow exhaust system on a motor with no headwork due to the lower exhaust lift. The stock bagger headpipes probably won't cut it. These cams are quiet, powerful, priced more reasonably than Woods and other custom cams as well. Wes Brown at Cyclerama doesn't just pull some numbers out his arse and hope they work, he tests his stuff and has developed this cam through testing.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 24 queries.