Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just Installed V&H Staggered Big Shots  (Read 1434 times)

prstaples1911

• Junior CVO Member
Just Installed V&H Staggered Big Shots
« on: October 13, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »

I was looking for a little more power and a throatier sound.  I got both, the latter in excess.  I had the dealer install V&H Staggered Big Shots.  I am running VIEDs to richen up the mixture, but have not invested in a tuner yet.  I wanted to see if the VIEDs would do the trick for $100.

The bike runs great.  There is a minor pop here and there but it is infrequent.  There is no hesitation that I can feel.  I am sure it would run better with a tune, but cost/improvement factor may not be worth it.  The bike pulls better between 2k and 4k.  It also feels lighter.

The only drawback is the sound.  The pipes are far louder than I wanted.  I may try the quiet baffles after I put some time in with the stock V&H baffles.  I wish I could have ordered the pipes with the quiet baffles standard.  Startup is the worst and it barks quite a bit from a stop. 

The pipes look great to as they are a constant diameter throughout their length.  Overall I am happy, but my neighbors may not be when I go to work at 7:30 in the morning.

millmutt

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
    • CVO2: 2007 FXDSE
    • CVO3: 2011 FLSTSE2
Re: Just Installed V&H Staggered Big Shots
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 10:32:32 PM »

I have the V&H Staggered Big shots on 2 of my bikes, 11 Convertible and my 07 SE Dyna. I had quite baffles in the Dyna, (took them out)didn't make much difference.
The pipes do bark, you'll get use to it, so will the neighbors.

Millmutt

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 04:17:06 PM »

I have the V&H bigshots on my ConV and love them.  Although in order to get the bike running super fine I did have to get it dyno tuned.

Pewter

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 04:20:34 PM »

I put Hard Kore baffles into my V&H big radius pipes on my 2010 Convertible. They did not reduce the actual loudness a great deal but they took out the harshness and gave a much more pleasent sound. Also, as a side effect, I found that the performance and fuel consumption improved. http://www.smartpartz.com/SPZVHBR.html

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 25 queries.