Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Ridding Jeans  (Read 20634 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Ridding Jeans
« on: October 02, 2013, 01:02:16 PM »

Who makes the best ridding jeans? I really don't want anything with Kevlar in them, just well made, comfortable riding jeans. Your input is appreciated

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
Re: Ridding Jeans
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 03:05:23 PM »

That's very subjective as no one manufacturer can or will please everyone and be deemed the "best"; just like your favorite Saturday jeans may be different from mine based on the difference in our physique. Most Riding jeans do have Kevlar or some type of reinforcement in critical areas, that's what sets them apart as riding jeans. I don't own any because I haven't found any that fit me right. Recently ordered some Diamond Gusset brand but they swallowed me whole as they were a very full cut and I am rather sparse in the arse. The best protection I have found for me is comfortable jeans and chaps or textile overpants. Good luck in your search.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 03:41:16 PM »

Diamond Gusset jeans are the best I've ever owned, for on and off the bike.  They used to make a "slim cut" in black, if I'm not mistaken.

100% American made from dirt to shelf.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 04:37:36 PM »

Diamond Gusset jeans are the best I've ever owned, for on and off the bike.  They used to make a "slim cut" in black, if I'm not mistaken.

100% American made from dirt to shelf.

Ditto that, Terry! I have a pair on right now, backstage slims. Their biker jeans though weren't made for me. I can make a pair of slim cuts look like baggies so a loose cut looks like clown pants on me.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 05:13:05 PM »

Rydr Pants made by Kuhl.  I saw them on a sale rack in Gander Mt and I liked the way they looked so I gave them a try and now I have 4 pair.  They are actually climbing pants......so they have the crotch gusset along with reinfored heals and knees and the legs have a little bend sew in them.  I really like the cell phone pocket in the leg.  Below is the discription from their web site.  The only bad thing is that they are sometimes difficult to find in a store to try on but once you know your size...order them on line.  But for me the most comfortable riding pants along heavy breathable material....no more HD jeans for me!

The tenacious yet luxurious KUHL Rydr Pant is cut from our exclusive combed cotton euro-twill fabric that has been slightly brushed for an even softer hand. However, one look and you will realize these are much tougher than the denim in your closet. Once you put them on you will instantly recognize the anatomical design which follows the natural shape and curves of your body, providing the ultimate in fit and comfort.The classic five pocket design is anything but traditional. Gusseted crotch and articulated knees allow unrestricted freedom to move.  So tough even the pockets are reinforced in those high wear areas.
98% combed cotton,  2% stretch lightly brushed twill: 10.5 oz./sq. yd
River washed for the “lived in” look.
Reinforced pockets and bottom cuff reduces wear.
Athletik Fit: Relaxed fit to accommodate athletes’ thighs and hips.
Articulated knees for freedom of movement.
Gusseted crotch for those crux moves.
Double needle bar tacks at critical junctions for reinforcement.
Cell phone pocket helps keep you organized
Original Kühl yoke system offers unprecedented fit and comfort.
Machine Wash
We develop our own exclusive fabrics that will not shrink.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 09:34:02 AM »

Ditto that, Terry! I have a pair on right now, backstage slims. Their biker jeans though weren't made for me. I can make a pair of slim cuts look like baggies so a loose cut looks like clown pants on me.

BigLew

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 10:53:49 AM »

Anyone tried the Draggin' jeans with Kevlar? I ordered a pair a month ago and it is still on backorder (for another 4 to 8 weeks! :().

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »

I appreciate everyone's input. I guess I will stay away from the Harley Jeans

Thanks again
Scott

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 08:23:55 PM »

Rydr Pants made by Kuhl.  I saw them on a sale rack in Gander Mt and I liked the way they looked so I gave them a try and now I have 4 pair.  They are actually climbing pants......so they have the crotch gusset along with reinfored heals and knees and the legs have a little bend sew in them.  I really like the cell phone pocket in the leg.  Below is the discription from their web site.  The only bad thing is that they are sometimes difficult to find in a store to try on but once you know your size...order them on line.  But for me the most comfortable riding pants along heavy breathable material....no more HD jeans for me!

The tenacious yet luxurious KUHL Rydr Pant is cut from our exclusive combed cotton euro-twill fabric that has been slightly brushed for an even softer hand. However, one look and you will realize these are much tougher than the denim in your closet. Once you put them on you will instantly recognize the anatomical design which follows the natural shape and curves of your body, providing the ultimate in fit and comfort.The classic five pocket design is anything but traditional. Gusseted crotch and articulated knees allow unrestricted freedom to move.  So tough even the pockets are reinforced in those high wear areas.
98% combed cotton,  2% stretch lightly brushed twill: 10.5 oz./sq. yd
River washed for the “lived in” look.
Reinforced pockets and bottom cuff reduces wear.
Athletik Fit: Relaxed fit to accommodate athletes’ thighs and hips.
Articulated knees for freedom of movement.
Gusseted crotch for those crux moves.
Double needle bar tacks at critical junctions for reinforcement.
Cell phone pocket helps keep you organized
Original Kühl yoke system offers unprecedented fit and comfort.
Machine Wash
We develop our own exclusive fabrics that will not shrink.

Just ordered a pair through Zappos. Appears to be nicely made and good fit. Free returns so If sizing is a problem I'm not worried. Thanks for the info

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 11:55:43 PM »

I have grown to like the Harley relaxed fit jeans over the years as a fit my big ass and they are consistent even though I think they are made Somewhere else
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 05:30:04 PM »

Anyone tried the Draggin' jeans with Kevlar? I ordered a pair a month ago and it is still on backorder (for another 4 to 8 weeks! :().

I use Draggin jeans, comfortable, a little hot on warm days when you get off and you're walking around.
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 07:05:07 PM »

Grew up in Levis.  Wore them forever & still have a few older pairs.  A few years ago I noticed zipper failures, seam failures, and a general cheapness as to overall weight. Gave up on them.

Tried Texas jeans, made in NC not imported.  They are ok & superior to Levis.  Bought a couple of HD jeans on a closeout, they are also better than Levis.

Have not had a pair of Diamond Gusset but friends who do swear by them.  Good wear.

Am pissed about the Levis poor quality these days.  Wore 501's, 505's styles for almost 50 years. Then they make crap from some foreign crap factory. Stupid.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 03:41:00 PM »

Just ordered a pair through Zappos. Appears to be nicely made and good fit. Free returns so If sizing is a problem I'm not worried. Thanks for the info

When I ordered mine.... I order two different lengths to determine my size then sent the other one back and order two more.....I like the material much better than denim.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 03:20:27 PM »

When I ordered mine.... I order two different lengths to determine my size then sent the other one back and order two more.....I like the material much better than denim.

I went with a 34 length. Dependent on brand I'm between 32 and 34. My gf is pretty good with a sewing machine too. So as long as the waist is good I should be set and probably hem it to 33. If they're as comfortable as I hear I'll probably order a couple more. Zappos actually did free one day UPS. So I'll find out tomorrow.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 10:24:10 AM »

Rokkers. Watertight if correctly treated and effective protection - had to try it myself (both  ;)) and I am a witness to the fact  ;D
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

TIGER

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE6
    • CVO2: FLSTNSE
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 01:06:49 PM »

In peacetime, nothing suits better than the calm, modesty, humility, but the war comes, then take example on the Tiger.
W. Shakespeare.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 09:47:55 PM »

Thanks CatEye, the Kuhl Rydr pants are amazing. My gf is bitchin at me bc I won't change em lol. Ordered another pair. Very comfortable heavyweight. Perfect for the weather we're getting now.

kustomhd66

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 04:52:13 PM »

Thank You
Kustomhd66

FLHTCUSE7
124" S&S,crank, flywheel, cylinders and HC pistons
Ported CVO Heads
594 Feuling gear cams and lifters
SE billet cam support plate & high volume oil pump
Fullsac Perfocrmance DX pipe
Fuel Moto E series Slip Ons
ThunderMaxx
944 Progressive Suspension
Barnett Scorpion Lock-up clutch & basket
Hayden primary tensioner
Truck Lite phase 7

Tripod

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 06:38:01 PM »

Too bad NO ONE makes 38 x 38.

Every time I look into these I see the same thing.  I'm a freak!!   :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2014, 06:39:51 PM »

Too bad NO ONE makes 38 x 38.

Every time I look into these I see the same thing.  I'm a freak!!   :nixweiss:
Damn... Are you "Andre The Giant"... sorry... I just couldn't resist. :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 07:02:56 PM »

Damn... Are you "Andre The Giant"... sorry... I just couldn't resist. :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
And a screen name of tripod? :o I hope you are a photographer!
T-MAN 117 kit

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 07:23:25 PM »

And a screen name of tripod? :o I hope you are a photographer!

:zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao:  now that's some funny chit!
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 07:38:02 PM »

Also like Carhart jeans much better made than Levi's and available in flannel lined. Do not think they have the gusset.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 07:57:33 PM »

I have a few of the draggin jeans. They are okay and probably better than nothing if you go down but can be real hot to wear in warm weather. Never actually tried falling of the MC with them and hope I never will.

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 06:57:11 AM »

carhart jeans, 15 oz. denim, heavy duty, full cut...wear like IRON...priced right too :orange:
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 07:21:10 PM »

Who makes the best ridding jeans? I really don't want anything with Kevlar in them, just well made, comfortable riding jeans. Your input is appreciated

Went with the Diamond gusset Protector Jeans. Love the quality, have mixed emotions about the Kevlar, but was surprised that I really don't notice it. Love the added pocket on the right, key ring and Velcro strap on the bottom to keep the pants from catching the wind. The only negative I can see is the stitching that holds the Kevlar, don't really like the orange threads. High, High quality and comfortable. Heaven forbid, if I do go down again the added protection just might be good to have.

Thank you
Scott 

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 09:07:01 AM »

Have been wearing jeans since I was a teen.  Levis are no longer a quality product in my opinion.  I found that Wrangler cowboy cut fit me well since I am on the skinny side.  (5'11" and 150 lbs)  32 waist and 34 inseam.  But, over the past few years of long distance touring and a case of hitting the pavement on my knees, I am switching to Aerostich Darien riding pants with knee pads for longer rides and jeans with Bohn armored underwear for local rides.  The Dariens don't fit like jeans but are not baggy and have built in padding.  They fit OK in the seat but will need about 3" added to the inseam.  Seems like the thinking among clothing designers is smaller waist, shorter inseam, larger waist longer inseam.  Don't really understand that but that's the way it is.  The Darien pants are water proof.  On longer rides the weather can change suddenly and you find your self on the side of the road pulling on rain gear over wet jeans.  Not fun.  The water proof pants should solve that issue.  My jacket is already water proof.  This riding season will be the first test of this solution.  I'll let you know how it works out.  BTW since I need the inseam lengthen I'll get the lower legs taken in a little.  Hope this helps for what it's worth.
Do it now!

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 07:45:08 AM »

I have tried Draggin' jeans.  Several years ago, I toured the plant where they were made.  Well made good materials so I got 2 pair.  I think I may have worn them twice.  Not really sure why they just didn't seem as comfortable.  Guess I should drag them out and try again.
Ride Safe,
JustDennis

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 07:56:42 AM »

I have tried Draggin' jeans.  Several years ago, I toured the plant where they were made.  Well made good materials so I got 2 pair.  I think I may have worn them twice.  Not really sure why they just didn't seem as comfortable.  Guess I should drag them out and try again.

Got a pair of Draggin' jeans a few months ago (thank you 2K). I personally find them to be comfortable and, though I am hoping to never discover how protective the Kevlar lining really is, having the lining does give me piece of mind that I might survive being dragged on the road if it ever happens. My buddy was sideswiped going 60 miles an hour on his Road Glide and the road rash he suffered on his legs/arms was as bad as third degree burns and took months to heal. Not fun...

Cam

14_CVOBO

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 05:08:58 PM »

I don't have any Draggin jeans but do have one of their jackets and have worn it for years. It is my favorite. Black Denim....

atomic orange

• 1967FLH 1972XLCH 1991XLH 1995FXD 2010FLHR
    • AZ

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2014, 02:20:30 PM »

I will call bullchit on Rokker jeans. The website indicates they are not for sale in the US. In addition, they are $400 and up? I checked e-Bay and there is nothing. It appears that no stores sell these jeans in the US? Please indicate where you can buy these pants......$400.......
1972 Sportster
1967 Electra-Glide
1991 Sportster
1995 Super Glide
2010 Road King
2013 CVO Road Glide
Tucson, AZ

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2014, 02:45:51 PM »

For additional protection there is this,

www.bohn-armor-pants.com

"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2014, 07:46:06 PM »

For additional protection there is this,

www.bohn-armor-pants.com

I have their shirt!  I really like it but to be honest do not wear it much less I am on the KLR in the woods.

Fierce Eagle

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AZ

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2014, 02:25:56 AM »

Just bought a pair of these Duluth - Ballroom 5-Pocket Jeans. 

So far so good.  The Crouch Gusset is nice upgrade to regular jeans.  Should have bought more, price went up.  Read elsewhere that other riders liked them.   

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-pants/mens-denim-jeans/84011.aspx

USA-made version of our 5-pocket Ballroom Jeans style
Burly-but-soft 14.5-oz. denim fabric is made with 100% domestic cotton
Hidden Crouch Gusset™ lets you bend and crouch without the ouch
12" deep side pockets keep items more secure
Triple-stitched seams for extra strength
Extra-large zipper pulls
Made in the USA

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 07:16:08 AM »

I will call bullchit on Rokker jeans. The website indicates they are not for sale in the US. In addition, they are $400 and up? I checked e-Bay and there is nothing. It appears that no stores sell these jeans in the US? Please indicate where you can buy these pants......$400.......

They sell the Rokker jeans in most HD shops all over Europe.

If you want some let me know and we can work something out.
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 24 queries.