Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Best Riding Boot 2015  (Read 29376 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Best Riding Boot 2015
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2015, 06:55:56 PM »

I'm curious to hear your feedback on the Original Swat HAWK.  I've only ever got the 9" Classic Side Zip as well as the 9" Tactical Side Zip.  Never even heard of the HAWK until you mentioned them.

The Classic is much more comfortable than the Tactical in my opinion although even the Tactical is very comfortable.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

jimharvey1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2015, 07:48:47 PM »

http://www.leatherup.com/mp/Xelement-Boots/Xelement-Mens-Black-Xelement-Assassin-Biker-Boots/41796.html

Can't beat the price and these are the absolutely most comfortable boot I've ever owned.  They hold up really well and break in ai about an hour of wearing them.  Especially if you oil them up really well.  Ive owned 3 sets and wear mine to work every day.  I'm a trucker.)  Enter the code 55636 for 10% off your entire order.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2015, 09:41:47 PM »

http://www.leatherup.com/mp/Xelement-Boots/Xelement-Mens-Black-Xelement-Assassin-Biker-Boots/41796.html

Can't beat the price and these are the absolutely most comfortable boot I've ever owned.  They hold up really well and break in ai about an hour of wearing them.  Especially if you oil them up really well.  Ive owned 3 sets and wear mine to work every day.  I'm a trucker.)  Enter the code 55636 for 10% off your entire order.

Link does not work.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
DND

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2015, 05:54:15 PM »

Ok - just to add fuel to the fire here. Just bought my 2nd pair of SWAT boots. Tried on almost all the styles they had. They seem to differ in size from style to style. Went in for the 9" classic side zip but ended up with the 9" classic waterproof. I was trying to be lazy and avoid the laces but the comfort out weighed the exercise. However he did say they are all water resistant but the water proof boots you could stand right in the water. So we know who can be jumping in the puddles!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2015, 06:03:53 PM »

Ok - just to add fuel to the fire here. Just bought my 2nd pair of SWAT boots. Tried on almost all the styles they had. They seem to differ in size from style to style. Went in for the 9" classic side zip but ended up with the 9" classic waterproof. I was trying to be lazy and avoid the laces but the comfort out weighed the exercise. However he did say they are all water resistant but the water proof boots you could stand right in the water. So we know who can be jumping in the puddles!!

Careful, you'll end up like me.....four pair of Original Swat boots in the closet.  OK, this is coming from somebody that has nerve damage in one foot so as far as I'm concerned I've had some comfortable boots before the OS....several mentioned by others above.  But once I stepped into a pair of OS I quickly realized that there's another level of comfort that I had no knowledge of.

So now I have a pair of the 9" Tacticle Side Zip for snow play or if I know I'm going to be in deep water.  I have a pair of khaki colored 9" Classic side zip to go with my khakis at work.  I have a pair of black 9" Classic Side Zip that the lugs are worn off of......that I wear around the house or kickin it in the yard and I have a second pair of newer 9" Classic Side Zip in black that I use when riding (just for the sure traction at stops, etc.).

The 9" Tacticle Side Zip are water proof all the way to the top.....even if you're standing in water.  The 9" Classic Side Zip are waterproof only up to the part that's canvas.....so just walking through small puddles (even riding in light showers) the feet stay dry.  Downpours.....well, I hope I brought the Tacticles.  :P
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2015, 09:24:42 PM »

There were 2 of their reps in the store when I was there. I should have mentioned how many pairs the group has been purchasing......... its time to get them in the Group Buy Category I think. Sounds like your a share holder JC!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2015, 09:46:07 PM »

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2015, 11:02:50 PM »

Dayton Boot Company in Vancouver BC. Excellent boots, pricey, grew up wearing Black Beauties and have had a pair of Engineers for 15 years now. They are heavy and not meant to walk that far but have done many miles of walking in them. It seems every celeb that comes to town has to have a pair now.
http://www.daytonboots.com/collections/men/biker-boots?gender=men

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2015, 06:35:45 AM »

Dayton Boot Company, Good Looking Boot !!!!
DND

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »

There were 2 of their reps in the store when I was there. I should have mentioned how many pairs the group has been purchasing......... its time to get them in the Group Buy Category I think. Sounds like your a share holder JC!

Yea, I have my share.  :nervous:

West Coast GTG   

ultrarider123

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2015, 10:36:58 AM »

Dayton Boot Company, Good Looking Boot !!!!

For $500 or so a pair, they dang well should look good and come with a valet to help you on with them prior to every ride... :2vrolijk_21:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2015, 11:07:28 AM »

For $500 or so a pair, they dang well should look good and come with a valet to help you on with them prior to every ride... :2vrolijk_21:

Hory sheet!

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2015, 11:49:21 AM »

For $500 a pair, they should come with a happy ending.    :coolblue:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Bromebe

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2001 CVO FXDWG2 Switchblade
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2015, 02:02:00 PM »

I was getting into the Horse beating post until I see you guys are looking for boots to wear to the Hamptons!

"Charles! come he man, help me put my boots on"!

I'm just fine with my HD zip up boots that I've already broken the laces on shifting up

they sure were Purdie thou!
2013 CVO Screaning Eagle Road King - Big Blue
2001 CVO  Switchblade - Flash (sold)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.