Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problem with my TTS  (Read 2366 times)

scoot

Problem with my TTS
« on: July 03, 2013, 07:07:50 PM »

I have a the tech question for you guys.

I've been trying to do some Data logging using my black TTS.  About 20% of time it will sync up without issues but the remaining 80% it won't. It will sometimes sync then lose it in a few seconds or just not sync at all. I've tried switching USB ports, com ports and updating serial-USB adapter driver.
TTS prompts me with "Error Reading Interface"

My Laptop is the same one I've used for a few years now, Win7 home edition and my USB-serial adapter is a Trendnet TS-U9. which is the same one I've always used with my TTS and this laptop.
Is it possible that after doing some TTS updates that my adapter isn't capable of enough kbps and losing the connection that way?
Or
Do I need a new adapter?
Or
I'm I experiencing a problem with my Dongle?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Problem with my TTS
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 08:08:08 PM »

I have found that these problems typically resides in the USB-Serial adapters. I suggest getting the adapter that TTS sells.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 09:18:11 AM »

Just had this issue in the dyno room the other day. Unplug and replug every connection starting at the Bike, be sure there are all the way in.
I eventually rebooted the laptop after switching to a new USB port and problem disappeared. Can be a hit and miss situation for sure.

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »

TTS2 software has ramped up the Data BPS. On a J1850 bike while VTuning you will see things like the 6th gear light will be slow to come on or go off. Speedo and/or Tach may bounce due to data being robbed to fill the TTS demand. The CAN BUSS system rate is 25bps and gathering data is 'real' quick.

With that said... the USB cable on the new style module can't be a junk printer cable. It must either be the TTS cable or a very good quality cable. The USB to Serial cables that worked before may not work now as they won't handle the data transfer speed.

Then there is the issue with the USB plug as Steve described above. You can take a small pair of pliers and crunch the sides in just a tad on the male part of the USB cable to make it a tight fit. This way road vibrations or bumps won't screw up the connection. Dyno's won't be effected so much but there is still movement in the cable back to the computer.

ldireprophil

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom Maple Metallic
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 12:27:27 PM »

It's your cable.  Replace it.  (Been their, done that...right Wiz?)
2012 CVO RGC / Renegade Lincoln Phantom 21-17 / RWD Fender / -2 Front -1 Rear / Bad Dad Side Covers / Andrews 54H Cams / HQ Black Ops Lifters / Heavy Breather / Cometic .030 HG / Barnett +1 Clutch / Aim 480lb Spring / ClutchWiz / Hayden M6 / D&D Fat Cat 2-1 w/UPB & Ghost Pipe / TTS MasterTune 2 / Wizard's Tune / Alpine CDE-HD149BT Head Unit / Alpine PDX-M6 Amp / Hertz HCX 690 / Hertz HSK 165 XL / Biketronics Module / Cycles Sounds Lids / Misc Little Things

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 12:37:49 PM »

It's your cable.  Replace it.  (Been their, done that...right Wiz?)

It was fun tearing up the asphalt on your bike anyway, Phil... even though we lost a bunch of the data that day.  8)

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

ldireprophil

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom Maple Metallic
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 12:49:21 PM »

It was fun tearing up the asphalt on your bike anyway, Phil... even though we lost a bunch of the data that day.  8)

Ken

Yeah, I'm proud of the data you were able to squeeze out of her nonetheless.  Your data runs and Wiz's tune has got Maple in Beast mode brother.
2012 CVO RGC / Renegade Lincoln Phantom 21-17 / RWD Fender / -2 Front -1 Rear / Bad Dad Side Covers / Andrews 54H Cams / HQ Black Ops Lifters / Heavy Breather / Cometic .030 HG / Barnett +1 Clutch / Aim 480lb Spring / ClutchWiz / Hayden M6 / D&D Fat Cat 2-1 w/UPB & Ghost Pipe / TTS MasterTune 2 / Wizard's Tune / Alpine CDE-HD149BT Head Unit / Alpine PDX-M6 Amp / Hertz HCX 690 / Hertz HSK 165 XL / Biketronics Module / Cycles Sounds Lids / Misc Little Things

scoot

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 01:14:13 PM »

Anyone have a link to where I can get just the adapter?  It appears that the one on TTS site is for the adapter and the J connection

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 01:51:17 PM »

Call us or a TTS dealer and we can get you sorted out.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

scoot

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 02:01:58 PM »

Will do Steve.  Thanks

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.