Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Hot Legs (leg!)  (Read 3229 times)

mayor

• Full CVO Member
  • just another fictional internet politician
Re: Hot Legs (leg!)
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 09:33:19 AM »

Just to make sure you have the clear picture John. The money for the TTS Mastertune allows an unlimited number of re programmings.
Yes, it will only program one bike, but as many times as you like if needed to match up with different engine mods, exhaust changes ect.
Preferences always seem to change with these bikes. 
in addition to all of the above, you also gain the ability to view & clear trouble codes (through the Data Master program), record actual operating data (through the DataMaster program), and adjust the calibration in a manner to be more in line with the collected data from your specific motorcycle using the Vtune program (closed loop capable bikes only).  So for the money you get not only the hardware (vehicle communication interface) and the calibration tuning software (Mastertune) to make the change, but also a very robust set of tuning software programs that help you make informed changes. 

A dealer may have a canned map that they can flash for a smaller one time fee, but that cost can be there again, and again, if you have the need to change the flash through up grades.  The other issue with a one time flash is there is no way to make a modification to that if one problem area exists as the result of that flash not exactly being perfect for your motorcycle.   In that case, you would be at the mercy of another fee.  A tuning system like Mastertune allows for unlimited flashes to the bike that is married to the VCI.  If you flash a calibration that the bike doesn't agree with, you just flash a new calibration.   

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
Re: Hot Legs (leg!)
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 09:33:15 PM »

Seems I am always learning something from this group. Wasn't aware the TTS also could read fault codes. Guess I might have found that out when I get my stuff from Fullsac, which won't be for a bit too damn hot here for me for riding much. Learning and entertainment all at the same time.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 25 queries.