Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rear shock on the CVO Street Glide  (Read 6157 times)

mig7410

Rear shock on the CVO Street Glide
« on: August 20, 2010, 08:27:11 AM »

I finally got to sit on a 2011 Street Glide the other day. I weigh about 165lb, and I could not get those shocks to budge.
I noticed one shock has a adjustmen knob, so I'm assuming it adjusts both shocks? Also are these air shocks also?
How are you guy liking your new bikes shocks, and if you don't mind me asking, what do you weigh?
My 2007 SG had the air shocks, and I had the same problem, even running zero lbs of pressure. I got a set of Works Performans shocks for my weight on that bike.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Rear shock on the CVO Street Glide
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 08:43:05 AM »

I finally got to sit on a 2011 Street Glide the other day. I weigh about 165lb, and I could not get those shocks to budge.
I noticed one shock has a adjustmen knob, so I'm assuming it adjusts both shocks? Also are these air shocks also?
How are you guy liking your new bikes shocks, and if you don't mind me asking, what do you weigh?
My 2007 SG had the air shocks, and I had the same problem, even running zero lbs of pressure. I got a set of Works Performans shocks for my weight on that bike.

The knob on the SESG left shock only adjusts the left one, there is no interconnecting line.  One shock is for damping and the other side is for rebound.  They are hydraulic shocks, not air.  IMO I feel this is the best OEM rear shock system the MoCo has ever offered.  Very good ride, and provides good feedback.  By turning the knob clockwise or counter clockwise you can adjust the firmness of the shock based on your weight.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 08:47:09 AM »

The knob on the SESG left shock only adjusts the left one, there is no interconnecting line.  One shock is for damping and the other side is for rebound.  They are hydraulic shocks, not air.  IMO I feel this is the best OEM rear shock system the MoCo has ever offered.  Very good ride, and provides good feedback.  By turning the knob clockwise or counter clockwise you can adjust the firmness of the shock based on your weight.

I agree. :2vrolijk_21:  My wife weighs 130 lbs. and she likes the ride on my bike more than her stock air shocks.  She weighs a lot less but I'm not about to put it down here. :nervous:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 10:58:44 AM »

Careful JC :huepfenlol2:

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 11:08:46 AM »

I too like the new shocks. I weigh 190. I do find that the shocks ride better with a bit of load to overcome their initial compression damping. They seem stiffer set a "0" than when adjusted for luggage or a passenger.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 11:11:58 AM »

can the 2011 SESG be lowered or does  it come stock as low

2010SSRS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 12:04:27 PM »

can the 2011 SESG be lowered or does  it come stock as low

not by HD standards (safely) but at the HD conference my dealer found a company in PA that offers a 3" lowered swingarm kit.  they put it on 2 2011 SG's......1 sold in 10 minutes and the other was just being completed. 

it adjusts the battery position and comes with a Corbin seat, new paint matching side covers and doesn't hamper the suspension at all. 

i sat on it........loved it!  just not crazy about the $2500 price (installed). 
TR590 Cams - Hi Comp Pistons - Stage 3 Heads - V&H Dresser Duals - V&H Hi Outputs - Tuner - Custom Map - 104hp/121tq

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 07:25:30 PM »

not by HD standards (safely) but at the HD conference my dealer found a company in PA that offers a 3" lowered swingarm kit.  they put it on 2 2011 SG's......1 sold in 10 minutes and the other was just being completed. 

it adjusts the battery position and comes with a Corbin seat, new paint matching side covers and doesn't hamper the suspension at all. 

i sat on it........loved it!  just not crazy about the $2500 price (installed). 
Sounds like the. Fat Baggers kit.

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 24 queries.