Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ECM Fault Codes  (Read 2335 times)

SEFast

• Speedy
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • UT

• CVO1: 2016 Road Glide Ultra CVO
ECM Fault Codes
« on: July 11, 2016, 06:00:02 PM »

I have had my 2016 CVO RDG in to the dealer 4 times for an ECM fault code #1691, Left Fan issue.  Each time they perform their troubleshooting tree, find no fault and just reset the code just to have it return.  Last visit(Wednesday) they finally went a little further and changed the left fan.  The fault code has returned. 

Is anyone else seeing or having a similar issue.

Thanks
Speedy

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: ECM Fault Codes
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 08:19:44 PM »

I have had my 2016 CVO RDG in to the dealer 4 times for an ECM fault code #1691, Left Fan issue.  Each time they perform their troubleshooting tree, find no fault and just reset the code just to have it return.  Last visit(Wednesday) they finally went a little further and changed the left fan.  The fault code has returned. 

Is anyone else seeing or having a similar issue.

Thanks
Speedy

Is the fan still working when you get the check engine light and code?  P1691 is for left fan low/open.  The ECM is probably getting an intermittent indication of a voltage or current that's out of the normal range.  This kind of issue doesn't automatically mean there's something wrong with the fan, there may be an issue with the wiring.  If this has happened four times and the dealership can't figure it out, you need to insist they request assistance from the MoCo.  I think I would also call the MoCo myself and get it on record.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SEFast

• Speedy
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • UT

• CVO1: 2016 Road Glide Ultra CVO
Re: ECM Fault Codes
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 01:36:00 PM »

Update to my ECM fault code #1691, Left Fan issue over heating issue. 

The dealer and MOCO Engineers came to the conclusion that I had a bad ECM.  ECM replaced...no more issues or codes! 

What an ordeal to get an ECM replaced since the bike had been dyno'd and I have a TTS Tuner.  They had to send my tuner, the new ECM and the old ECM back to TTS to get everything removed from the old added to the new and wipe the tuner so the tuner could used with the new ECM.

Speedy

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.