Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Differences between the 2014 Electraglide Ultra Limited and 2014 CVO Limited?  (Read 4408 times)

mr_reality

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AR

Can anyone point me to the differences between the 2014 Electraglide Ultra Limited and 2014 CVO Limited?  Hard to find a definitive location that really spells out the differences.  I am planning on picking up my CVO on monday and I want to really get a sense of the upgrades.  Thanks.

Seaweedman

• CVO1: 2014 Limited (jupiter blue)
    • CVO2: 1971 Police Special with sidecar

You are going to enjoy the new bike. I am sure that others will add things, but I think that the big difference is the performance of the 110  engine as opposed to the stock 103 c.i. engine. The CVO also has the Screamin Eagle intake and exhaust. The CVO seems to have the Serius XM in its Boom Box audio, which the others do not appear to have (I could be wrong), and it has 75 watts as opposed to 26. After that, it seems to be a lot of cosmetics from heated seat and grips, chrome controls, floorboards, shifter, and the outstanding paint. The wheels on the CVO are the chrome custom as opposed to the stock cast aluminum. And the paint - they did a spectacular job on the paint. The CVO has remote saddlebag, tourpak and fork lock (a fob like you have for your car) - which - I am not sure is all that useful, but good to have to make sure all is secure as you are walking away. The CVO also has the LED "interior" lights when you open the saddlebags and tourpak (which is quite useful). And did I mention chrome. Lots of chrome. That's it for starters. I think it was well worth the extra cost. Enjoy the bike.

geneseegap

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 14' softail deluxe

Hi there. 
Just adding I have a 14 Ultra Limited and the ride if fantastic.  I loved that CVO Ultra sitting on the showroom floor.
If the 103 in my Ultra can get up and go I imagine the 110 on that bike will really perform.

The only...and really picking here...negative I can think of is the coolant issues.  Im sure its the same system as the other "Rushmore" bikes so you may have some quick dealer fixes
coming you way.  I have to say in my experience the liquid cooled feature was hit or miss but I think its really going to work on that 110.

Cant really add much to Seaweedman's post.  All I can say is the stock radio in my 14 Ultra was pretty damn good...so the CVO one must be fantastic w/ that upgraded watts.
I wasn't a fan of heated grips until I had them and they work great...so I can imagine the seat will really be a plus.
I split a 14 CVO Softail Deluxe w/ my bro in another state and right now I have that bike. 

Congrats and 1st ride report soon!! 
Blue Knights Texas VII

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Well friend of mine has a 2014 Ultra Limited with the 103 in it. He had Rinehart  2-1's, high flow, SE tuner & dyno done. That bike really woke up after it was all done. From a dead stop he can almost stay up with me. Of course my CVO Limited is still all stock except for the VH slip ons on it..
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue

Motor and cosmetic bling is where the $ difference is. This is my second CVO and I have not been tempted to change anything about the looks. I could not say that about my other two non CVO bikes. They got $10K worth of chrome, grips and junk till they costed like a CVO. The problem was on the trade in. The add ons do not increase the value of the bike but the CVO retains value because the chrome stuff  is original.

I would not be over enamored with the stock 110 motor. My built 103 would eat if for lunch. Heck my wife's tuned 103 with pipes and the 255 cam beat me off the line last week. IMHO the stock 110 is no race motor. I have 5K miles and no issues yet with anything.

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One

Can anyone point me to the differences between the 2014 Electraglide Ultra Limited and 2014 CVO Limited?  Hard to find a definitive location that really spells out the differences.  I am planning on picking up my CVO on monday and I want to really get a sense of the upgrades.  Thanks.

Fist of all, congratulations!.  You will be very happy.

The 103s are great bikes.  My bother has a burgundy limited, and at first glance it is very similar looking to my Typhoon Maroon/Burgundy Blaze.  That being said, here are all of the differences I can remember:

(Unless specifically mentioned all these are not on the Ultras or Limiteds)

• Mirrors: Slip Stream
  • Brake and Clutch master cylinders: Chrome.
  • Brake and clutch levers: Chrome
  • Switches: Lighted
  • Grips: Slip Stream
  • Stereo: Premium CVO branded and includes Sirius module + 90 trial)
  • Speakers: 75 watts per channel (vs. 25 watts per channel on non-CVO)
  • Infotainment Xtra: Willie G Thumb Drive for Maps and Tunes
  • Fairing: Spun Aluminum Trim
  • Tank dash: Spun aluminum
  • Inner Fairing: Color-matched
  • Fuel Tank lid: CVO branded
  • Seat: Hammock seat, heated front/rear (this is an $700+ seat)
  • Rider backrest: Included
  • Passenger backrest: Harley branded (It's not adjustable - even though the literature says so.  Although you can slide the TP back and inch)
  • Tour Pack and saddlebag: Luggage included (Limiteds have this, too)
  • Tour Pak and Saddlebags: Premium Lined (not sure if Limiteds are)
  • Premium CVO Storage Cover: Included
  • Tour Pak Luggage Rack : Air Wing Style
  • Tour Pak Lights: Smoked LED
  • Rear Signals: Smoked lenses fender mounted (Limiteds have no signals without TP)
  • Front Signals: Smoked lenses
  • Color-matched trim between fender and bags.
  • CVO medallion on Rear Fender
  • Clean front/rear fender (without fender tip lights)
  • Front Forks: Chrome
  • Floor Boards: Slip Stream
  • Passenger Floorboards: Slip Stream Fully Adjustable Chrome Mounts (This alone is $500 to upgrade on Limited)
  • Front/Rear wheels: Chrome
  • Brake disks: polished
  • Front axle: chrome covers
  • Water pump housing: chrome
  • Motor: 110 granite color (obvi)
  • Starter: chromed
  • Air Cleaner: Big Oval, CVO branded
  • Custom (limited edition) Paint scheme that will always get comments at bike night!  :coolblue:

Most of all: enjoy exploring all the cool stuff and ride safe!

M

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

mr_reality

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AR

Thanks for this list.  Extremely helpful

scottt

• Elite CVO Member

My last bike was a 07 CVO ultra, current bike is a 14 ultra Limited. I have put $3,000 into the bike, on top of the cost. I now have all the slipstream parts, XM satellite, garage door opener, paint matched rear filler strips, the CVO trim panel on the dash and tank, bag liners and air wing luggage rack.

If I could have stretched another ten grand I would have gone with the CVO. The Ultra Limited fit my budget along with the CVO upgrades I wanted. I am more than happy with my choice.

Summary: buy the CVO Limited if budget is not a issue. Buying the Ultra Limited is a great option for those of us that have a budget. You will LOVE either choice. They are great bikes.

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 22 queries.