Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014 cvo road king switches?  (Read 2428 times)

mikalias

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 14 cvo rk
2014 cvo road king switches?
« on: July 13, 2014, 10:48:39 AM »

I have a 2014 cvo road king and was curious what the switch is for on the left of the tripple clamps?  I know the right one is for accessories but can't find any information on the one on the left.  Thinking maybe its for fog lights if you add a pair to the crash bars?

Mik

casbar

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 RK
Re: 2014 cvo road king switches?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 01:06:55 PM »

If you fit running lamps, the switch, switches them on and off

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 01:29:20 PM »

The left one on a '13 sends power to a plug under the seat, should be the same on the '14. I used my right one for the spots. 
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Smithbss

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 05:30:24 PM »

I installed some PIAA's on my crash bars and used the PIAA switch but want to change that to the switches you are referencing. I have been looking for some real data on this and have discovered a few things.

The wiring on the 14's is different than the 13's.

Both the switches on the 14 RK are not in use and do not seem to be wired to power. (I'm going to take the whole headlight assembly apart to verify, this or next weekend depending on rain).

I have purchased 3 manuals for the 14 from HD adn none of them seem to detail the switches and any circuit they are on. The manuals are the standard 14 touring service manual, the standard 14 touring electrical service manual, and the 14 CVO supplemental manual.

I have spoken to 4 different dealerships about the wiring and none of them can give me any answers so far.

Ill post after take the headlight assembly off. I would appreciate it if you post anything you discover as well, good luck.

casbar

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 RK
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 12:50:32 PM »

Used the plug under the left panel to get power out of the harness to run my satnav, expected the right switch to then power this on and off. Nope, the sat nag has power all the time. Think I should have done something with the fused part of the harness, but couldn't work out what, as the sat nav only has power and earth. It works fine

agedwards63

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHRSE
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 11:43:29 PM »

Everyone asks... I tell them it's for the ejector seat

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.