Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Life in and around Coronado, California  (Read 33513 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Life in and around Coronado, California
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 01:51:52 PM »

Almost immediatly I am aware that there are just way to many of them.  Where's Jock when you need him?  Pressure's on....just do the best I can.  Here you go Jock.....this one's for you...... :bananarock:

Even the Hilton Hotel is wrapped on the bottom two floors and the top floor.......

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 01:52:35 PM »

The Hard Rock Hotel has the first three floors wrapped.  Not just wrapped, but maniquins line up, up on top of the awning, special affects lighting at night, etc....

Even the pedicabs that are always all over downtown San Diego get in on mix.....

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 01:53:02 PM »

Even entire buildings were wrapped, just to advertise.  Remember, this is just a four day convention and then it all comes down and they prepare for the conventions of next weekend.....which will pale in comparison.

Blacklist had an entire block done up.....

Even entire trolly trains (San Diego's light rail transit system) were wrapped.......

I'm just not sure........

and the upper 8 or 10 floors of the hotel behind the convention center.....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 02:44:46 PM »

Even entire charter buses were wrapped.....

Some of you are friends with this guy.....Capt. Morgan....

What does it cost to wrap just one bus?  Multiply that times........... :nixweiss:

Views from the top of the convention center....

They had over 300 people in line last night to get in to Hall H today.  I asked the security what was it about these various halls that prompted these people to sit on a sidewalk all night, waiting to get in.  She said that the various movies or series major stars would be in these halls to talke, answer questions, etc. and Hall H had several movies (of which I don't remember any of them now) and several series, one being Sons Of Anarchy. 

But remeber, each hall doesn't just have the stars from one movie, show or series but several of each.  So, an opportunity to rub shoulders with many stars in one location.  The parking lot at the back of the convention center that looked to have 50-75 limos didn't escape me.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 03:08:08 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 03:33:14 PM »

Thanks ever so much for sharing. That was great would have love to have been there. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Harvey Mushman

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2014, 05:23:16 PM »

Nice job behind the camera yet again JC! My daughter just got back from there but I haven't seen her or her pictures yet. They sold a few paintings at the gallery so the trip was a success. I told her she should have emailed you for tour guide information. I don't know anyone that can show off California's best places like you can.
Still hoping to be a closer neighbor in the next year,
Tom
Special Thanks to JCZ for his help in routing some of my two cross county trips.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781149

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2014, 07:11:47 PM »

Longlast, thanks a bunch for your comments!

Thanks Tom.

Some of you know Tom as "Harvey Mushman" on Adventure Rider or Pashnit forums.  Others here in Cali have heard me mention him from time to time. 

He's the guy that I've told about that bought a Ural with sidecar in Washington, rode down the coast to California and then all the way across to New York.  Doing this kind of journey on a Harley is adventure enough but I can only imagine what it'd be like on a motorcycle that can't even do freeway speeds let alone the load he's carrying and several tire changes along the way, etc.

More recently, he came to Coronado to visit and then rode on down to Baja California, Mexico......by himself.  Another outstanding adventure.  Tom, if you want to post links to your journeys, you're certainly welcome to.....we have a few adventure/journey riders on this forum. :2vrolijk_21:

When you get ready to move west, I hope it's to California.  I'd like to do some adventures with you.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 07:15:27 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 01:53:58 PM »

Great pictures, JC!   :2vrolijk_21:    Can you get the phone number of that storm trooper for me?    ::)

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 03:36:19 PM »

Almost immediatly I am aware that there are just way to many of them.  Where's Jock when you need him?  Pressure's on....just do the best I can.  Here you go Jock.....this one's for you...... :bananarock:

One word!  NICE!!!!!  Thank you very much!  It is my pleasure to serve as the excuse for the photograph to the loved ones.   ;)   ;)

:2vrolijk_21:

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 05:39:20 PM »

This thread has been wonderfully hijacked.  Lived in Coronado every summer for nearly 30 years and SHE has never been there!
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Harvey Mushman

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 01:13:10 AM »

Thanks Tom.

Some of you know Tom as "Harvey Mushman" on Adventure Rider or Pashnit forums.  Others here in Cali have heard me mention him from time to time. 

He's the guy that I've told about that bought a Ural with sidecar in Washington, rode down the coast to California and then all the way across to New York.  Doing this kind of journey on a Harley is adventure enough but I can only imagine what it'd be like on a motorcycle that can't even do freeway speeds let alone the load he's carrying and several tire changes along the way, etc.

More recently, he came to Coronado to visit and then rode on down to Baja California, Mexico......by himself.  Another outstanding adventure.  Tom, if you want to post links to your journeys, you're certainly welcome to.....we have a few adventure/journey riders on this forum. :2vrolijk_21:

When you get ready to move west, I hope it's to California.  I'd like to do some adventures with you.

Hi JC,
I do like the direction that your thread has gone. It makes me want to get over there sooner than later.  :2vrolijk_21:
I'm looking forward to some adventures with you. You guided me to some great places on both of my big trips. I'll gladly follow your lead.
Ural CC ride: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781149
Yamaha NY>Baja>NY ride in winter: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955520

My best to Babe and a little pat for ShyGuy.

Harvey Mushman AKA Madeouttaglass
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:18:00 AM by Harvey Mushman »
Special Thanks to JCZ for his help in routing some of my two cross county trips.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781149

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 06:41:38 AM »

Nice Brother !!! Thanks.
DND

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG Cherry Sold
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG Orange Sold, 2005 SEEG Teal Sold, 2005 SEEG Banana Sold
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 07:02:11 PM »

Nice pics JC.... looks like your enjoying yourself in Coronado !

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.
                     2013 Santa Fe, NM.                      2014 Carmel & M.V.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 07:36:29 PM »

At the begining of this thread I posted photos of a local sandcastle building competition.  Last weekend San Diego was host to the 2014 US Sand Sculpting & 3D Art Expo.  Scultors came from all over the world for this competition and the level of the skill set and artistic ability compared to the more local competition was evident.

Again, as we often do....we caught the ferry at the Ferry Landing in Coronado.  The Ferry Landing is only a block from us and so it's an easy walk and don't have to mess with finding (and paying for) parking.

As usual here on Coronado and around the San Diego area........another beautiful day and weekend!

Ferries always coming and going at the embarcadero on the waterfront in downtown San Diego....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 07:37:38 PM »

and from the top deck of the Coronado ferry, looking at new construction going on at the new waterfront park

and finally....the sculpters themselves........

Somebody lost their tennis shoe.....

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 25 queries.