Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Memorial Day  (Read 1873 times)

Saintnick06

A Memorial Day
« on: July 27, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »

I never thought I'd be posting on this regarding hitting the pavement!  This memorial day 05/26/14 I was cruising down RT 30 in Jeannette Pa going out to Ligonier PA to just enjoy the beautiful day! I was listening to Bob Seger  "Roll me Away" with my girlfriend then all of a sudden a Honda Accord made a left in front of me! My girl said NICK! I said MOTHER, hit the brakes and didn't even get the second word out and broadsided the Accord!   We both flew off the bike, flew 40' so says the State Police accident report. Two ambulances came, cut off our clothes and took us away! They tell me the term for this was someone made a Pittsburgh left on us!  I remember laying on the road for 5 minutes and not being able to move my hands, I thought I broke my neck or back, thought I was paralyzed!  I was able to crawl over to my girlfriend who was bleeding out of her mouth who ended up with a broken collar bone and asked how she was doing. The next thing someone came over picked me up and told me to sit down.  I remember a guy " witness" came to me and said I was right behind you, I'm a Rider and I will tell the police that the guy pulled out in front of you! I crawled over one more time then the Paramedics put us both in the ambulance.  We spent a day in observation then two more in the hospital. I needed surgery on my broken left wrist and had a steel plate put in it. My girl had a broken collar bone and needed 18 stitches in her lip, luckily a plastic surgeon did this for her!  Riders insurance sent me out a check for 42K and we are now dealing with attorneys that say I'm gonna do fine. I put a grand down on a new 2015 CVO Ultra and can't wait till the new models come out!  I have another month in Physical Therapy so I guess it'll work out just fine.  I do thank GOD that it was not worse, they told me at Z&M Harley that they never seen someone come to the store after 4 days of totaling a SE Ultra.  Oh yeah I'm going to have to change the photo of my bike, it was taken to salvage!
2017 FLHTKSE
COBRA Power Duals
COBRA RACE PRO SLIP-ON MUFFLERS

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: A Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 04:32:22 PM »

Sorry to hear of your misfortunate accident. Glad your both going to be OK. I can attest to poor drivers in your area just coming back from Maine and riding through PA. The cage drivers there don't seem to much different than those in other parts of the country other than the aggressive moves to cut in front of motorcycles.

Need a death ray mounted on your fairing to destroy them.

Get well soon.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 04:44:07 PM »

Glad to read your okay as is your girlfriend. Hope for your speedy recovery and a new ride soon.
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 07:45:04 PM »

Great attitude. Glad no one was hurt worse than that. Good luck on rehab and new bike.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 24 queries.