Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: indian roadmaster  (Read 7176 times)

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

Big Lew
IBA #595

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: indian roadmaster
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 01:27:07 PM »

Think the MoCo just breathed a sigh of relief. It's a conspiracy I tell ya! One company builds the design spot on but builds crap engines. The other makes a hideous looking bike with a good engine (actually they're 2 for 2 if you include the Vision). I just don't understand the design teams. I guess they just want to keep people moving around from brand to brand buying one and riding it for awhile and then they move on to something else. I'd rather have the Kawi. If they're gonna look the same, I just as well save some cash but I guess we'll have to see what the depreciation does. Bad day, maybe if I saw one in person it would be better.

This post is spot-on.  Any thoughts I'd had of switching brands based on the previous photos of the Chieftain just went out the window when they added lowers and a trunk.  What the hell is Polaris thinking?

Given enough money, time and patience and following a prescribed preventative maintenance routine, a Harley Twin Cam can generally be made to be reliable.  But a Victory and now an Indian will always be UGLY! :o

mark

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 02:31:44 PM »

...and in addition to looking like the Kawasaki tourer, does anyone think the passenger armrests look like they came from a dentist chair?"

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 02:36:00 PM »

Who tipped over the coke machine?
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

mark

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 02:39:17 PM »

Who tipped over the coke machine?
;D :orange: :mango: ;D

cvoDoug

• Junior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2004 CVO Electra Glide
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 03:05:39 PM »

Lowers look funky, fairing has too many angles and the front end looks crushed against the lowers. 

I think I would put some cams, a 2-1 exhaust, chop the neck rake it out an additional 10-14 degrees, throw a 23" out front, trim the fender. reshape the lower fairings, stretch the bags, put a bumping stereo.........oh wait, we're talking about the new Indian.  Scratch that, I wouldn't be able to find the parts.

Nevermind, I've been daydrinking :drink: :orange:

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 04:38:17 PM »

another

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »

another

Still ugly! :puke:

Cannot imagine having that as a background on my desktop like I do my SEUC. :-\ :nervous: :nixweiss:

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 05:19:49 PM »

Only way I'd buy one is if the fairing, bags, fenders and seat were missing. Then I'd buy a batwing or maybe even a shark fairing, H-D style bags, a Corbin seat and a FLH style front fender. I realize they couldn't do all of that and maintain a separate identity or worry about a lawsuit but it's the only way I'd buy one. If the value goes to crap there might be a trend in modding Indians. Guess they're doing one in the AZ biker build off so I'm curious what it'll look like when done.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 06:25:07 PM »

Still ugly! :puke:

Cannot imagine having that as a background on my desktop like I do my SEUC. :-\ :nervous: :nixweiss:

And the fit and finish looks... well.....unfinished and cheap.

They are certainly creating their own identity with one. :zstupid:
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2014, 06:36:15 PM »

Is it just me, or does it seem like some Victory DNA is finding its way to Indian?  The trunk and the lowers come to mind immediately.  Not a good trend, style wise.

As far as looks, everything is subjective, and styles can grow on you.  Five years ago, I thought the Road Glide was the ugliest bike in the Harley line up, now it's my favorite.  Used to not like Victory, but when I've seen them cruising down the road, I think "hmmm...not bad (but not great!)".  Also have seen some Chiefs on the road, and the fairing isn't as hideous as I thought.  That was supposed to be a compliment, btw.

The thing I like about HD is the fact that there are so many options available to upgrade and personalize.  :2vrolijk_21: The thing I don't like about HD is the fact that you NEED to upgrade too many things.  :-\

I'd have to see it in person, but if I were to choose today between spending $27K for an Ultra Limited and an Indian Roadmaster, I'd probably spring for the Indian.  But first, I want to see the new Road Glide Limited, too...  :wall:

Dan

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 06:54:06 PM »

Is it just me, or does it seem like some Victory DNA is finding its way to Indian?  The trunk and the lowers come to mind immediately.  Not a good trend, style wise.

As far as looks, everything is subjective, and styles can grow on you.  Five years ago, I thought the Road Glide was the ugliest bike in the Harley line up, now it's my favorite.  Used to not like Victory, but when I've seen them cruising down the road, I think "hmmm...not bad (but not great!)".  Also have seen some Chiefs on the road, and the fairing isn't as hideous as I thought.  That was supposed to be a compliment, btw.

The thing I like about HD is the fact that there are so many options available to upgrade and personalize.  :2vrolijk_21: The thing I don't like about HD is the fact that you NEED to upgrade too many things.  :-\

I'd have to see it in person, but if I were to choose today between spending $27K for an Ultra Limited and an Indian Roadmaster, I'd probably spring for the Indian.  But first, I want to see the new Road Glide Limited, too...  :wall:

Dan
27k for an ultra and 27k for the indian roadmaster. well the indian web site says 26999.00
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:11:26 PM by smkymtnboy »

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 07:28:47 PM »

In my book, that bike's not just ugly... It's plain FUGLY! Makes my eyes hurt just looking at it.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2014, 02:43:07 AM »

Thanks for posting these pics cause now I know I'll never have any reason to second guess myself about why I went back to HD.

1st pic =  :puke: :puke: :puke:

2nd pic =  :nixweiss: :puke: 
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2014, 07:43:33 PM »

Everyone else's comments pretty much sum it up, ugh!  The parts just don't flow together.  Okay the engine and gas tank look okay but the rest of it looks like a bike built from parts that don't blend together, especially on the two tone red/white.  My CVO streetglide has that look that gathers a crowd and praise on how it looks.  I'm not sure what the crowd around the Indian would have to say about this mixmaster, err I mean Roadmaster.
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 22 queries.