Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a way to move rear foot brake pedal  (Read 4544 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Looking for a way to move rear foot brake pedal
« on: November 09, 2014, 03:48:46 PM »

Looking for a way to move my rear brake pedal more forward. Sometimes i cant get my foot on it when i have passenger. Does anyone make a relocation item for this. Bike is a 2015 CVO RG
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 03:57:58 PM by newseultra07 »
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Looking for a way to move rear foot brake pedal
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 08:52:18 PM »

Maybe you just need a tall boy seat, or one that moves you back and gives you a little extra leg room.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 11:01:45 PM »

Sounds like what you may want is an extended reach brake lever.  There are HD and various after market versions.   

HARLEY-DAVIDSON® EXTENDED REACH BILLET STYLE REAR BRAKE LEVER 42638-03

SoftBrake.Com

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 02:32:41 PM »

If you go with an extended lever may want to be sure your foot does not hit your lower fairing when using.  Thought about doing something like that on my Ultra Limited to accomodate my 35" inseam but eventually got used to pedal position and never changed it.  Also got a seat that moved me back.  Found my foot was constantly sliding up under the pedal which would not be good in an emergency.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 02:55:40 PM »

Looking for a way to move my rear brake pedal more forward. Sometimes i cant get my foot on it when i have passenger. Does anyone make a relocation item for this. Bike is a 2015 CVO RG

So are you saying you don't have a problem when riding solo, but do have a problem when you have a passenger?  If that's the case, perhaps the real problem is the passenger's foot is too far forward, causing you to shift your foot forward.  Those rear footboard supports are adjustable.  You may have to swap them side-to-side to get the result you want, but it's worth looking at this as a possible solution.

Jerry

Oh, btw, I've heard that the extended brake pedal arms for 2013 and earlier models don't fit the 2014/2015 models.  If you search for an extended pedal arm, make sure you look for one compatible with 2014/2015 models.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:14:36 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 03:50:35 PM »

I have to lift my foot to get onto the brake pedal. Its not so bad when riding solo but with passenger its worse. Found a product called heelguard.com  that sells an extended brake pedal. Contacted them & are waiting on some to come in for the 14/15 bikes. o hopefully will take care of issue.

So are you saying you don't have a problem when riding solo, but do have a problem when you have a passenger?  If that's the case, perhaps the real problem is the passenger's foot is too far forward, causing you to shift your foot forward.  Those rear footboard supports are adjustable.  You may have to swap them side-to-side to get the result you want, but it's worth looking at this as a possible solution.

Jerry

Oh, btw, I've heard that the extended brake pedal arms for 2013 and earlier models don't fit the 2014/2015 models.  If you search for an extended pedal arm, make sure you look for one compatible with 2014/2015 models.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

bf2002flht

• Junior CVO Member
  • for sale
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 03:49:00 PM »

Call Rick at Softbrake 1(208)561-5031. www.softbrake.com
He has developed brake pedals that make the rear brake a breeze to use, and is wonderful to work with. I believe the people at heelguard are selling his product, but you can purchase direct. He makes several variations to put the pedal where you want it, and also has a model with an offset made to use with fairing lowers. But wait there's more!!! He makes a pedal for the CVO bikes thats just a bit different because of the factory chrome cover on the resevoir. The 14, and 15's are real uncomfortable to me when using the rear brake with the factory pedal. Im on my second 14' tourer, and that is the very first part I ordered. I love his pedals, and no I don't work for him, just a comfy pedal fan! Tell him Brad from Reno says hi!

graygus

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 Teal SEEG - Sold
    • CVO2: 08 Annie SERK - Sold
    • CVO3: 09 SEUC
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »

I am installing my extended brake from Rick at Softbrake tonight. I have had his product on my last few bikes. Rick is a stand up guy and he makes quality parts.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 22 queries.