Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Fullsac or Reinhart on a non-CVO Limited? Pros/cons  (Read 7306 times)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
Fullsac or Reinhart on a non-CVO Limited? Pros/cons
« on: November 25, 2014, 07:14:30 AM »

OK, took the plunge and bought a regular 2015 limited this past weekend. Some of you might remember that I had been waiting for the CVO RG Ultra but the current year model's color schemes did not convince me to spend the money this year and I did not want to let another riding season go by with me riding solo and letting my wife/boss/CFO/best friend follow me in the car. So I figured we can get a Limited (since there is no regular RG Ultra) for now and see what next year's model will look like.

In the meantime... I need advice on how to proceed with the replacement pipes. I realize this is a non-CVO model, but since I still have the CVO BO in the garage, I hope y'all will let me get away with it. However, if this topic gets deleted I will understand and it will not hurt my feelings.  :'(
Back to the pipe question:

Fullsac or Reinhart? I have read a lot of great things about Fullsac and was planning on putting them on my ill-fated RG dream machine. For the Limited going with the Reinhart, which will be done by the dealer, will protect the warranty if/when difficulties arise.

Any feedback/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Now the picture of the 'NON-CVO' Limited:

That's me on the left and my riding buddy on the right. went with the black/silver (matches the black/silver CVO BO!!!)

Thank you in advance.

Cam

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Fullsac or Reinhart on a non-CVO Limited? Pros/cons
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 09:15:22 AM »

If warranty is a concern I would think Fulsac would be the way to go... Retain stock mufflers (minus baffles) and head pipes (if you choose to) which will retain the stock apperance. Can get a map from Fulsac (if you choose to go w/TTS) that will be close if not right on to your modifications, and also give you the ability reload the stock map into the ECM if you ever need to (warranty claim). Will not to have the bike dyno'd unless you desire to squeeze the last remaining HP/TQ (if there is any) out of the motor. Not worry about traveling and having to make a warranty claim and another dealer seeing aftermarket exhaust (Rinehart). Even though "your" dealer is saying/claiming they will honor the warranty that is "them" and might not be the same if something were to happen away from home. Just my $.02 worth and I didn't stay at Holiday Express last night. :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 07:58:48 PM »

Thank you firedood! I'll call Steve to get the ball rolling.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:11:52 PM »

Congrats on the new scoot  :2vrolijk_21:

And I agree with fired00d 100% on the choice of Fullsac. Your next decision is which size baffles.......

I use the 1.75" baffles which have proven mellow enough at idle and around town for my wife and I to communicate without using the headsets and they provide enough "bark" for me when I twist the throttle. They also don't wear us down on the longer trips.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:19:09 PM »

D
Thank you firedood! I'll call Steve to get the ball rolling.
Cam you're welcome... BTW nice looking Limited... welcome to the "Batwing" world. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 08:20:10 PM »

Thanks Phato! I appreciate the info. Now that you got yourself involved :) any performance issues with the 1.75 vs 2 or 2.25? I am assuming all three sizes are applicable to my pedestrian, non-CVO bike.

Thanks again.

Cam

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 08:24:49 PM »

If warranty is a concern I would think Fulsac would be the way to go... Retain stock mufflers (minus baffles) and head pipes (if you choose to) which will retain the stock apperance. Can get a map from Fulsac (if you choose to go w/TTS) that will be close if not right on to your modifications, and also give you the ability reload the stock map into the ECM if you ever need to (warranty claim). Will not to have the bike dyno'd unless you desire to squeeze the last remaining HP/TQ (if there is any) out of the motor. Not worry about traveling and having to make a warranty claim and another dealer seeing aftermarket exhaust (Rinehart). Even though "your" dealer is saying/claiming they will honor the warranty that is "them" and might not be the same if something were to happen away from home. Just my $.02 worth and I didn't stay at Holiday Express last night. :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

d00d has covered the important part but there are more benefits to using Fullsac.
Steve is a member here. He is approachable, he follows up, he runs a great business.
As you look at your new bike with Fullsac exhaust you can be assured there is a difference between the Motor Company and Fullsac Performance, Fullsac cares! What is that worth to you? For me, it's Priceless!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 08:25:25 PM »

DCam you're welcome... BTW nice looking Limited... welcome to the "Batwing" world. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks dood! Now when I come down to your neck'o'th'woods, I'll be riding this bike and will be all rested up and ready to party! I have to say comparing the CVO BO to this bike is like comparing apples to oranges bananas!  :apple: :bananarock:

One more picture (you know how shy I am when it comes to sharing snapshots!)

Cam

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 08:36:19 PM »

Thanks dood! Now when I come down to your neck'o'th'woods, I'll be riding this bike and will be all rested up and ready to party! I have to say comparing the CVO BO to this bike is like comparing apples to oranges bananas!  :apple: :bananarock:

One more picture (you know how shy I am when it comes to sharing snapshots!)

Cam
It is a big difference going from a Softail to a Touring bike... BTW... my version of "rested up and ready to party" for my ole @$$ means I can have two beers before I fall asleep. :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 08:48:35 PM »

d00d has covered the important part but there are more benefits to using Fullsac.
Steve is a member here. He is approachable, he follows up, he runs a great business.
As you look at your new bike with Fullsac exhaust you can be assured there is a difference between the Motor Company and Fullsac Performance, Fullsac cares! What is that worth to you? For me, it's Priceless!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

Chip that's exactly why I went against my riding buddies' advice and decided to ask y'all which direction to go. I usually listen to the advice of my elders but in this case I needed to decide which elder I will listen to. :D

I'll call Steve next week after Thanksgiving to get the ball rolling.

BTW Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Cam

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 08:55:46 PM »

It is a big difference going from a Softail to a Touring bike... BTW... my version of "rested up and ready to party" for my ole @$$ means I can have two beers before I fall asleep. :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Sounds like you are as big a partier as I am. :)

Cam

Gnarl78

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 08:20:50 AM »

Congrats on the new ride! I ride out of Fairfax, VA. You'll love the touring bike when you want to put on some stress-free miles.
'08 FLHTCUSE3
'05 VRSCSE
'03 FXDL
IBA#58965

Tn.Heritage

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 08:33:53 AM »

OK, took the plunge and bought a regular 2015 limited this past weekend. Some of you might remember that I had been waiting for the CVO RG Ultra but the current year model's color schemes did not convince me to spend the money this year and I did not want to let another riding season go by with me riding solo and letting my wife/boss/CFO/best friend follow me in the car. So I figured we can get a Limited (since there is no regular RG Ultra) for now and see what next year's model will look like.

In the meantime... I need advice on how to proceed with the replacement pipes. I realize this is a non-CVO model, but since I still have the CVO BO in the garage, I hope y'all will let me get away with it. However, if this topic gets deleted I will understand and it will not hurt my feelings.  :'(
Back to the pipe question:

Fullsac or Reinhart? I have read a lot of great things about Fullsac and was planning on putting them on my ill-fated RG dream machine. For the Limited going with the Reinhart, which will be done by the dealer, will protect the warranty if/when difficulties arise.

Any feedback/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Now the picture of the 'NON-CVO' Limited:

That's me on the left and my riding buddy on the right. went with the black/silver (matches the black/silver CVO BO!!!)

Thank you in advance.

Cam
Cam I'd look at the total package, personally I'd go with the Rinehart's, I'd do the Slim Line duals with the 4" mufflers and get it properly tuned with a Power Vision. Again this is my opinion between the choices you said to choose from. Now to start all over again I'd also look at the Fuel-Moto 2-1-2 Jackpot Ceramic Coated Head pipe and the Freedom Performance Mufflers with the 3 stage baffle !!
2019 Limited Low 114, S&S 475 cam, PR's, LC's, lifters,S&S Sidewinder 2-n-1 with a Roland Sands AC. Tuned with a PV tuner at J&B Performance.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 10:33:22 AM »

Congrats on the new ride! I ride out of Fairfax, VA. You'll love the touring bike when you want to put on some stress-free miles.

Thanks Gnarl! I really didn't mind the BO's ride quality with the shotgun shock though I have to admit the touring bikes turn easier and feel much lighter than the BO even though the BO is a couple hundred pounds lighter. When the weather turns colder there is no substitute for the fairing/heated grips/etc. Looking forward to riding whenever the roads are clear of snow and ice. :) Do you ride out of the Patriot by any chance? My current riding buddies are fair weather riders and I'm more hardcore than that. For example I will be heading out alone again tomorrow since it's going to be sunny and in the upper 50's. I don't mind joining up with another group of riders if there is room for one more.

Cam I'd look at the total package, personally I'd go with the Rinehart's, I'd do the Slim Line duals with the 4" mufflers and get it properly tuned with a Power Vision. Again this is my opinion between the choices you said to choose from. Now to start all over again I'd also look at the Fuel-Moto 2-1-2 Jackpot Ceramic Coated Head pipe and the Freedom Performance Mufflers with the 3 stage baffle !!

Tn.Heritage, your setup is what my buddy/dealer are recommending. I really like the sound of the Rineharts and don't have to do any of the work myself. I have also never heard the Fullsacs but they do seem to have a strong following among the members here. If I go with the Fullsacs it will be the dotal package also, the air cleaner, the inserts, TTS, etc. So, decisions, decisions! :-\

Cam

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 05:23:43 PM »

Thanks Phato! I appreciate the info. Now that you got yourself involved :) any performance issues with the 1.75 vs 2 or 2.25? I am assuming all three sizes are applicable to my pedestrian, non-CVO bike.

Thanks again.

Cam

Sorry it took so long.....
If I'm not mistaken as you increase the baffle size you'll gain a little torque - up to a point with a stock engine- but not necessarily enough for a "butt dyno" to notice. the sound level will of course also be increased as the size increases..
Personally I've heard other bikes with the 2.0" and 2.25" and I wouldn't go any larger than the 2.0" just because I think the 2.25" would wear us out on trips. The 2.0" sound very similar at idle or part throttle to the 1.75" I currently have but are louder and deeper when the right wrist is unrestrained  ;). It does appear from looking at the Fullsac site that the only choices for you - and others with non CVO bikes - are the 2.0" or 2.25"??

The modification also seems a little more involved with the non CVO cans - but not to terribly difficult:

http://fullsac.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Recore-Installation-Intructions.pdf

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:31:07 PM by phato1 »
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 25 queries.