Author Topic: FLHTK  (Read 17064 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
FLHTK
« on: July 27, 2009, 03:32:58 PM »

While the FLHTK (2010 Electra Glide® Ultra Limited) is not in the CVO line up, it still has many of the Screanin Eagle attributes. I'm sure many  potential buyers will visit this site looking for answers to this new, entry level, CVO-lite bike. What are your thoughts & comments? I personally like the bike a lot. I like the color choices and the fact that it comes with the 103" time proven engine. Had it been availble in '07 I may have even bought one as an entry into the Screamin Egale family. What say you?

igofar

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA #27368
Re: FLHTK
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 08:33:19 PM »

the fact that it comes with the 103" time proven engine.

Just shooting from the hip here but this 103" is a 96" with the big bore kit, not the old faithful set up....

Brad

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 08:41:08 PM »

Just shooting from the hip here but this 103" is a 96" with the big bore kit, not the old faithful set up....

Brad

I would imagine that it is the same engine that is currently available in the police & TriGlide bikes. Not the Screamin Eagle version found in previous years .

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 09:08:28 PM »

I think it is just a way for Moco to make more profit.  They are really hurting right now- just like most auto dealers and I am sure their profit margin is much better on this bikes than the standard.  I do like some of the add ons - I guess the marketing department figures if you can't buy the top of line CVO then you might be willing to spend an extra $5,000 for bigger motors and a few amenties. 

Me I like CHROME - that is why the CVO really shined to me - I spent $4,000 just on chrome on my 06 Heritage. I like the 2010 "traditional" color schemes better than  CVO flames but sometimes the metallic paint is nice, when I saw the blue and silver 09 up close it was a really nice color but in the pictures it did not look that good - I never liked it until I saw it close up not really a blue and silver fan but I would have been happy with that color scheme.  I have not seen any other Ultras up close so I cannot comment on those.

There is probally no limit to the number of bikes they will produce in the limited (may not matter this year with sales down) so if the sales are good in the future then this might be a big money maker.  One thing Moco may want to be careful of is - this may also backfire on them with the economy slower people may chose to buy the limited and save the extra 10 Grand - 10 Grand can buy ALOT of chrome and accessories, the 103 is a strong motor so unless they up the cubes on the CVO in the next year or two the size difference in the motor is going to be close.

I don't know if I were looking at buying a new bike I may consider the limited and just add the chrome and accessories.  It would be definitely be something I would think about and that may be what Moco is either hoping for or has missed the mark on.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 09:16:47 PM »

Brad

Bingo!

We have a winner!
Someone is paying attention!

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 09:18:53 PM »

I too thinnk that it is an attempt to get get more sales. I second the thought of somebody looking to one up the next person for a couple grand instead of 10 grand or so.  I too like the paint of the Limited better than the flames.  I am telling myself not to judge either until I see them  in person.  

Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

marshall10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHX
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 09:42:32 PM »

I too think that it is an attempt to get get more sales. I second the thought of somebody looking to one up the next person for a couple grand instead of 10 grand or so.  I too like the paint of the Limited better than the flames.  I am telling myself not to judge either until I see them  in person.  

My question is, if they are trying to get more sales, why do it with a $25,000 bike?? Why not a CVO lite sportster, or Dyna, or softail, or even Vrod. When I think of great bike deals I don't think above $20,000 for just a larger engine and a few doodads that I would probably change out anyway. My .02
Anyone can piss on the floor, but Chuck Norris can crap on the ceiling.

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 11:40:10 PM »

My question is, if they are trying to get more sales, why do it with a $25,000 bike?? Why not a CVO lite sportster, or Dyna, or softail, or even Vrod. When I think of great bike deals I don't think above $20,000 for just a larger engine and a few doodads that I would probably change out anyway. My .02

It's an Ultra Bro!  The Cadillac of Harley.  I don't know what the sales are per bike (AJ will probally post that once he reads this ;D) but I would guess the Ultra is the best seller or at the very least in the top 2.   I know that in the CVO group the dealers I stopped at did not have any CVO Ultras on the floor but most had several other CVO bikes.

There are still 2 CVO's on the floor at my local dealer.

I stopped by Bruce Rossmeyer in Daytona in Feb - he has ALOT of bikes I believe 1000+ he claims to be the largest dealer in the world and he only had 1 CVO Ultra (this is where I saw the Silver and Blue) on the floor but had every color in the  CVO line.  He actually had 2 and 3 bikes of the same color in some models.  I counted 8 Road Glides.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 01:38:20 AM »

I think the MOCO has learned with the V-Rod that 4  (a few years back) variations of the same bike did not really work.  As for the Sportster it is viewed as an entry level bike and most people I have known to buy them wished they waited another year and bought a touring model or something more comfortable for a longer haul. I hear what is being said and I too think that now there are too many variations of the Electra Glide.  I looks like they may have removed the Electra GLide Standard from the 2010 line up and added the Limited but that makes 3 or 4 if you count the Street Glide. As for the trikes...Did it go over that good where they now offer 2 choices?  I don't know and have never seen the MOCO'S numbers to make a decision.  All of this market stuff and people loosing their jobs and MOCO cut backs makes me wonder if they are going to lower production numbers in hopes to jump the market again. Maybe not back to the two year waiting list but enough that it may be hard to get certain colors.
As for the $20 + K year but they are counting on people who have been with H-D for along time and are looking on getting into something a little nicer that what they may already have w/o taking $10+ K leap. 

Does anyone know if there is a number of production on the Limited. Is it some sort of limited production bike?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:43:27 AM by 49445CVO »

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 06:56:00 AM »

I like it. It should appeal to anyone that is shopping for an Ultra with future plans for a 103 upgrade. This way it's all covered under warranty, plus you get a paint scheme that's fairly rare. Add a little bit of personal chrome or other extras and you're good to go for under 30K. If I was shopping for a new ride, the limited might be first on my list.   :2vrolijk_21:
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 11:28:49 AM »

Just noticed the FLHTK 103 lists the comp ratio as 9.7-1, the trike 103 lists as 9.6-1. Typo or ??? Still much better than the 9.15-1 in the 110's

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 06:05:13 PM »

... As for the trikes...Did it go over that good where they now offer 2 choices?  ...

They are going for + $2K over list.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 12:24:44 PM »

I was not aware of the $2 k over list.  I did talk to my local dealership and they said it seemed to go over good for there are alot of older riders who still want to ride and can't do it on two wheels anymore.  Never thought about that.  They also said that it has sparked alot of womens interest.  So maybe it was not a bad idea to offer two trikes.

My bad,

Topper

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 12:37:38 AM »

I would think that the Limited would fill a nice market niche between the standard Ultra and the CVO.  Whether the engine is a bored out 96 or the SE 103, I don't think that the majority of the people that buy them will have a clue about that aspect.  They will just see that it has the 103 engine and some of the other doodads that we have on our bikes, and they can customize to their liking.  From the pics thus far, I think the Limited may have the better paint scheme than the '10 CVO's.  That's a nice pricepoint to add to the lineup.  For those that think that the MOCO just added the Limited to increase sales...well, duh.  Sounds like a pretty solid business plan to me...trying to increase sales.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 11:00:50 AM »

I got a chance to see the Limited out in the sun light yesterday.  It seems those gathered around it were attracted by the motor being a 103" rather than a 110".  That's a no brainer, the 103" are a proven motor.

It is a very nice bike that's truely set up for touring with the luggage rack, power point in the tour pack (for charging the cell phone, camera, lap top, etc. on the fly), heated hand grips, some very nice....easy to read guages.  Let's see, I'd have to add Big Sucker air cleaner, a tuner, slips ons if not the whole exhaust, gear drive cams, chrome legs, chrome on the floor board covers and that's just to start.   It's still a very nice starter package. :nixweiss:

Oh hell, almost forgot to mention.........the "Premium" luggage.  It's the saddle bags and tour pack bags that have a bit of leather on them.  Or is that pleather?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 25 queries.