Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 113" Build  (Read 3946 times)

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
113" Build
« on: January 05, 2007, 05:22:48 AM »

I am getting ready to do a Zipper's 113" muscle kit. It will probably be ready to start teardown in a week or so. It is also getting a Baker six speed. I have come up with the following things to do while it is apart or going back together:
1. Feuling oil pump and lifters
2. Chrome inner primary
3. VPC clutch
4. Zippers shim for the oil pump
5. Jims Roller Rockers
6. Amsoil motor oil
7. Redline Heavy Shockproof in tranny
8. Redline MTL in Primary

I want to do everything right the first time, even if it costs a bit more, any suggestions?? :-/  [smiley=confused5.gif]
It is going to keep its Rineharts for right now, may switch later if I decide that it is necessary. It is also going to have the Thundermax closed loop system along with their throttle body.
Worrying whether I have told the dealer everything that needs to be done is enough to drive me to drinkin!  [smiley=drink.gif] I don't want to find out something I forgot the hard way!
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: 113" Build
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 06:20:05 AM »

OK Dawg,
This is your turn to shine!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 01:08:33 PM »

I am getting ready to do a Zipper's 113" muscle kit. It will probably be ready to start teardown in a week or so. It is also getting a Baker six speed. I have come up with the following things to do while it is apart or going back together:
1. Feuling oil pump and lifters
2. Chrome inner primary
3. VPC clutch
4. Zippers shim for the oil pump
5. Jims Roller Rockers
6. Amsoil motor oil
7. Redline Heavy Shockproof in tranny
8. Redline MTL in Primary

I want to do everything right the first time, even if it costs a bit more, any suggestions?? :-/  [smiley=confused5.gif]
It is going to keep its Rineharts for right now, may switch later if I decide that it is necessary. It is also going to have the Thundermax closed loop system along with their throttle body.
Worrying whether I have told the dealer everything that needs to be done is enough to drive me to drinkin!  [smiley=drink.gif] I don't want to find out something I forgot the hard way!

For shiney parts...Chrome Starter, while you've got the thing apart.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 02:58:28 PM »

OK Dawg,
This is your turn to shine!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Thanks Chip.

Actually he has sent me several PM's over the last couple of days. He is going with the total 113 muscle package with a few built in items.

Not having mine back to Zippers to get the map finished I am still very happy. Right now the bike is at 126 square with a few ponies and a couple of pounds left. It should be in the low 130's.

just-us-6 one thing I failed to ask you. What exhaust are you going to be running? Right now I have a Fat Cat with the performance baffle on my bike. It is too small for this application. Zippers wants me to install the Borzillia. One thing with the Fat Cat the Tq curve comes in real fast. At 3200 I am at 126 ft lbs and it dos not fall of till around 5500. The curve will be different with the Borzillia but will be much higher as will your H/P.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 05:50:05 PM »

It is going to keep its Rineharts for right now, may switch later if I decide that it is necessary.

I am just sticking with the rineharts for now, Does it have to be broke in with dinosaur oil or can I go straight to the Amsoil?
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 10:41:29 PM »

Cheap insurance down the road is to have the timken bearing conversion done while the cases are split.

Hope all goes well,

Grover

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 11:01:05 PM »

Grover, Forgot to mentiion, I am doing the Timken bearing and gear drive cams. Thanks

hogasm

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 11:19:47 AM »

Which Baker [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

With the DD-6  the comp sprocket will be a 28 tooth. The next lower will be a 25.

If you go with a Screamin Eagle 6-speed, stock comp sprocket will be 25 tooth. You can put in a 24-36 gear package and with the six speed you still have a lower highway cruise and with the lower gear ratio you will have a better hole shot.
I don't know how the torque comes in with the cam on the 113 kit, but the change in ratio can only bring it in quicker.......This is the same problem...no situation that I have. I am taking out the Baker DD-6 and puttin in a Screamin Eagle 6-speed. Torque with my cam "650" is 125ft lbs at 2500. The change in ratio's will hopefully bring it in a little sooner.....You can never have too much.
Another add on would be a primary chain tensioner. It takes away a little power, if you are worried about #'s but if you ride alot you will feel the difference.
Good luck with your build [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 03:10:41 PM »

Sounds like it should be a very strong motor.  I'm interested to see the results.

Good luck with it,  Moe
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 10:39:12 PM »

The motor is out of the bike, and we are on the way! My dealer has complained a little about dealing with Zipper's, he said they are hard to get to reply to questions and faxes?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 10:43:58 PM »

The motor is out of the bike, and we are on the way! My dealer has complained a little about dealing with Zipper's, he said they are hard to get to reply to questions and faxes?

Brad, since we've got the Vendor's section here that they monitor, you may want to post any questions here that you are having troubles getting answers to.  Best of luck with the build!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 06:38:51 AM »

Brad if you are having problems getting a reply. Shoot me a PM with any questions or a number to reach you at. I will be at the firehouse tomorrow and will have some time to call and talk to them.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 08:19:07 PM »

The parts are all back and the lower end is back together, hope to have her back on the road in a week or so. I think I will wait till after St Patty's day, as many of you remember the day before St. Patty's last year was when I went to get this bike and ended up in Spartanburg South Carolina in the hospital. I am not usually superstitious, but that was a bad day and I don't think I want to repeat this year! I will keep you all posted on how she run's!  :coolblue:

screamin eagle

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 10:18:51 AM »

The parts are all back and the lower end is back together, hope to have her back on the road in a week or so. I think I will wait till after St Patty's day, as many of you remember the day before St. Patty's last year was when I went to get this bike and ended up in Spartanburg South Carolina in the hospital. I am not usually superstitious, but that was a bad day and I don't think I want to repeat this year! I will keep you all posted on how she run's!  :coolblue:

Lucky you. Zippers is doing the same build on mine and I have to wait for them to get the crankshaft straightened and balanced before they put it back together. The crankshaft was out .008 and they would not put gear drive cams on it. I hope it is worth the wait. Should be done by the end of the month.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 10:24:20 AM by screamin eagle »

syclone

• Full CVO Member
  • IF YA CANT AFFORD TO BREAK IT-- DONT RIDE IT
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 06:23:39 PM »

Lucky you. Zippers is doing the same build on mine and I have to wait for them to get the crankshaft straightened and balanced before they put it back together. The crankshaft was out .008 and they would not put gear drive cams on it. I hope it is worth the wait. Should be done by the end of the month.
that's a very good thing to do on any big HP build...even if the crank checks true....hell, it's just sitting there waiting to go back in after the timken conversion anyway.  straighten it..weld the pins.. AND dynamically balance it.
Just my opinon......I could be wrong

'05 SEEG  114"  all bore motor

04 night train 95" 10.5:1 KBs,ported and decked heads, tw55g cams,rollers,3.37,44cv
01 Dyna,95" ported SE heads,wood t
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 25 queries.