Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brake light switch Yes or No ?  (Read 1349 times)

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
Brake light switch Yes or No ?
« on: August 15, 2015, 07:27:18 AM »

Does a 2010 sesg utilize a brake light switch ?

I am installing HHI 14" bars with internal wiring and hydraulics, the paragraph in the installation notes says "on dyna models NOT using a brake light switch" is this me ? The kit included the BL switch pictured.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:30:36 AM by CVOJIMMYC »
My favorite color is chrome

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Brake light switch Yes or No ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 08:52:57 AM »

You don't have a Dyna, so no, that's not you.  You have two brake light switches, one for the front brake and one for the rear.  The front switch is a simple electrical switch operated by the hand lever.  The rear switch is operated by hydraulic pressure and is located in the rear brake line.  That switch in your photo doesn't apply to your bike.

Hopefully you have a shop manual for your bike before you start tearing things apart.  Much better to be fully prepared ahead of time, versus trying to figure out why stuff doesn't work after you put it all back together.  It's not as simple as you might think, and it looks like those instructions you have for the bars is a one size fits all kind of instruction sheet that is no way near as good as a manual for your specific bike.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
Re: Brake light switch Yes or No ?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 12:17:04 PM »

You don't have a Dyna, so no, that's not you.  You have two brake light switches, one for the front brake and one for the rear.  The front switch is a simple electrical switch operated by the hand lever.  The rear switch is operated by hydraulic pressure and is located in the rear brake line.  That switch in your photo doesn't apply to your bike.

Hopefully you have a shop manual for your bike before you start tearing things apart.  Much better to be fully prepared ahead of time, versus trying to figure out why stuff doesn't work after you put it all back together.  It's not as simple as you might think, and it looks like those instructions you have for the bars is a one size fits all kind of instruction sheet that is no way near as good as a manual for your specific bike.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry
My favorite color is chrome

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 24 queries.